Man gets life in prison after 10th DUI conviction

I don't like the idea of throwing people in jail because of something that might happen and I also think DUI has become politicized and the punishment for even your first DUI far outweighs the seriousness of the crime in some cases depending on where you live. This guy in the OP though deserves jail. He removed his ankle bracelet which I think is equivalent to a jail break. He then drove to another state which is a big no-no in his case and his license was most likely suspended or revoked. He belongs in prison for those things, not something he might do someday, maybe.

forcing someone to quit drinking because of my beliefs is certainly wrong, however forcing them not to drive after drinking is in my best interest.

But nearly everyone drives so if you let people drink, you're gonna have drunk driving. I'm not saying we should ban booze but we need to discourage it's use. Maybe raising taxes on it, and yes i know, some people will then brew their own.

I don't like the idea of throwing people in jail because of something that might happen .

So you think people should not go to jail for say bomb-making. We need to wait until they actually kill someone.

Why did you bring up bomb making? We're talking about people who drink and drive. If they don't hurt anyone then how can you justify a life sentence? Or some of the other penalties in some states?

If you want to talk about bomb making start another thread and I'll be there.

Why did you bring up bomb making? We're talking about people who drink and drive. If they don't hurt anyone then how can you justify a life sentence? Or some of the other penalties in some states?

If you want to talk about bomb making start another thread and I'll be there.

Because you said we should not go after drunk drivers until they actually harm someone. Same argument can be used for letting people turn their homes in to bomb factories. Simply making bombs is, by itself, victimless. THINK

Forum List

Back