Man blocks black delivery driver in Oklahoma neighborhood

Another one to file under "working while black"
"My intention was never to go viral," Travis Miller said. "My intention was to cover myself in case he called my employer and said I did something other than what I did."

May 14, 2020, 1:33 PM PDT / Updated May 15, 2020, 11:14 AM PDT
By Janelle Griffith and Doha Madani

A black delivery driver was brought to tears while recording himself and a black co-worker as they were blocked from leaving a gated Oklahoma City neighborhood for nearly an hour by a white resident who demanded to know why they were there.
Travis Miller, who delivers home appliances and furniture, captured the incident Monday in a Facebook Live video that has gone viral. The 37-minute video had nearly 300,000 views by Thursday evening and had been shared more than 10,000 times.

Miller, like many of those who commented on the video, believe the encounter was racially motivated.

Miller, 42, told NBC News that his customer in Edmond gave him the code to get through the neighborhood's gate. After completing the delivery and as they were trying to exit, a man who identified himself as David Stewart and a board member of the homeowners' association can be seen on the video questioning Miller and his co-worker about why they were on his street.
A man by that name could not be reached for comment Thursday.

Miller said in the video that he was trying to make a U-turn and that as he turned around, the man was blocking him in with a white Subaru.

"If I go around him, I'm going to have to drive on somebody's property and I don't want to make a bad situation worse," Miller said in the video.

Miller repeatedly asked the man to move the car.

"I'm not moving," the man said. "All you have to do is tell me where you're going."

Miller refused, saying he did not have to tell the man anything.

Miller said Thursday that he kept his seat belt on, remained in the truck and recorded the encounter to protect himself and his colleague.

"My intention was never to go viral," Miller said in a phone interview Thursday. "My intention was to cover myself in case he called my employer and said I did something other than what I did."

He said he also did not want the situation to escalate, because he feared that if police had responded, he would have been perceived as the aggressor.

About 30 minutes into the encounter, a second white man confronted Miller.

"All we want to know is why you're in here and who gave you the gate code," the second man said. "That's all we need to know."

After Miller refused to reveal his client's personal information, the man who identified himself as Stewart said he was calling police.

At one point in the video, Miller can be seen with tears streaming down his face. He wipes his tears away with a blue bandanna before he, too, calls police.

The man who initially approached Miller can be seen in the video calling police to withdraw a report after he got in touch with Miller's customer.

Miller said he also called Edmond police to make sure the man had withdrawn his report.

Miller said his customer defused the situation by telling the two men to move.

"He said he was sorry it happened," Miller said. "He said those guys are overprotective of the neighborhood."

Capt. Larry Withrow of the Oklahoma City Police Department said Friday that officers did not go to the scene because the original caller who reported that "there was a trespasser in the subdivision" at 4:21 p.m. called back about 30 minutes later and cancelled the report. Withrow said a third call was placed at about 4:55 p.m. by a man who said he wanted to know if it was OK for him to leave the property.

Story continued here:
Man blocks black delivery driver in an Oklahoma neighborhood

This video looks like it was done by the makers of the movie called "The color purple". He had camera angling from all sorts of directions. I did not know that delivery drivers are equipped HD cameras throughout the cab section of their trucks. I know they have surveillance cameras lens that takes wide shots. That makes it look as if they are in a globe. And this truck's cameras picks up the slightest sound, with good clarity. OMG where in the hell they bought their cameras. I like the way he kept on recording himself while crying. Most men hide themselves when a single tears comes dribbling out. But he is so brave to show himself crying. He held the camera pretty well during his tearful scene.

"My intention was never to go viral," Travis Miller said. "My intention was to cover myself in case he called my employer and said I did something other than what I did."

A black delivery driver was brought to tears while recording himself and a black co-worker as they were blocked from leaving a gated Oklahoma City neighborhood for nearly an hour by a white resident who demanded to know why they were there.
Travis Miller, who delivers home appliances and furniture, captured the incident Monday in a Facebook Live video that has gone viral. The 37-minute video had nearly 300,000 views by Thursday evening and had been shared more than 10,000 times.

Miller, like many of those who commented on the video, believe the encounter was racially motivated.

Miller, 42, told NBC News that his customer in Edmond gave him the code to get through the neighborhood's gate. After completing the delivery and as they were trying to exit, a man who identified himself as David Stewart and a board member of the homeowners' association can be seen on the video questioning Miller and his co-worker about why they were on his street.

Miller said in the video that he was trying to make a U-turn and that as he turned around, the man was blocking him in with a white Subaru.

"If I go around him, I'm going to have to drive on somebody's property and I don't want to make a bad situation worse," Miller said in the video.

"I'm not moving," the man said. "All you have to do is tell me where you're going."

Miller said Thursday that he kept his seat belt on, remained in the truck and recorded the encounter to protect himself and his colleague.

"My intention was never to go viral," Miller said in a phone interview Thursday. "My intention was to cover myself in case he called my employer and said I did something other than what I did."

He said he also did not want the situation to escalate, because he feared that if police had responded, he would have been perceived as the aggressor.

"All we want to know is why you're in here and who gave you the gate code," the second man said. "That's all we need to know."

After Miller refused to reveal his client's personal information, the man who identified himself as Stewart said he was calling police.

At one point in the video, Miller can be seen with tears streaming down his face. He wipes his tears away with a blue bandanna before he, too, calls police.

The man who initially approached Miller can be seen in the video calling police to withdraw a report after he got in touch with Miller's customer.

Miller said he also called Edmond police to make sure the man had withdrawn his report.

"He said he was sorry it happened," Miller said. "He said those guys are overprotective of the neighborhood."

Capt. Larry Withrow of the Oklahoma City Police Department said Friday that officers did not go to the scene because the original caller who reported that "there was a trespasser in the subdivision" at 4:21 p.m. called back about 30 minutes later and cancelled the report. Withrow said a third call was placed at about 4:55 p.m. by a man who said he wanted to know if it was OK for him to leave the property.

Story continued here:

Man stops a delivery driver...

This is not news. What is it doing here?

To race baiters: white person doing random stuff to black person is NOT news. Now if the black had been "jogging", then maybe.

its amazing hundreds of blacks are killed by other blacks Daily AND NOT A PEEP from the left- EVER!
Deflect much? What does gang violence have to do with what Bubba did here?

Oh no, someone was subjected to an hour of inconvenience. It's not like... this happens every day to everyone.

Absolute race hustling lunacy to attempt to make news story out of a nothing burger.

If you want to hear why young black males are suspected more than other people - it's because they commit almost 50 percent of the crime in the nation. How about start addressing that instead of whining like a bitch?

But this Black guy works for J.B. Hunts, which George Soros owns shares in that company.

Story continued here:

This video looks like it was done by the makers of the movie called "The color purple". He had camera angling from all sorts of directions. I did not know that delivery drivers are equipped HD cameras throughout the cab section of their trucks. I know they have surveillance cameras lens that takes wide shots. That makes it look as if they are in a globe. And this truck's cameras picks up the slightest sound, with good clarity. OMG where in the hell they bought their cameras. I like the way he kept on recording himself while crying. Most men hide themselves when a single tears comes dribbling out. But he is so brave to show himself crying. He held the camera pretty well during his tearful scene.

I did not see the video yet, but he cried over an hour of inconvenience?

- FAKE

Story continued here:

- FAKE

And he made sure that the camera had captured every tear drop that came down. Even when he moved around while crying. He made sure that the camera stayed focus on him.
I wished that I can give him an Oscar for that performance. it was better than the Blair's witch movie..

Story continued here:

- FAKE

And he made sure that the camera had captured every tear drop that came down. Even when he moved around while crying. He made sure that the camera stayed focus on him.
I wished that I can give him an Oscar for that performance. it was better than the Blair's witch movie..

Leftists will buy it in spades, they believe everybody cries like these cry-babies.

Story continued here:

Everything is racial with you

its a gated community

millers customer was wrong to give out the code

Miller was wrong not to give the name of his customer to the homeowner questioning him

120.gif

Story continued here:

Black men ( that aren’t in jail) make up 3-4 % of the population, but make up almost 50% of the crime starters.. why is he crying because black men have fcuked him over? How come he didn’t demand black men stop breaking the law? Lol

What a shocker the racists here assume because the men who stopped him were white racism had to be their motivation.

There could have been any number of motivations here. Maybe it is against the rules of the Homeowners Association to receive deliveries of furniture on certain days or times- so they know it couldn't have been a delivery?

Don't demean yourself grasping at straws.
I live in a HOA community and can guarantee you, few, if any, have your contrived rule about homeowner deliveries.
Especially since everybody does internet orders!
Gated communities have rules. Don't like them? Move.

What a shocker the racists here assume because the men who stopped him were white racism had to be their motivation.

There could have been any number of motivations here. Maybe it is against the rules of the Homeowners Association to receive deliveries of furniture on certain days or times- so they know it couldn't have been a delivery?

I live in a HOA community and can guarantee you, few, if any, have your contrived rule about homeowner deliveries.

That's the reason for the gate in the first place. So that the HOA knows who is there, and what their business is. As far as these black guys are concerned, if they were really there just for a legitimate delivery to a legitimate customer, they should have just said so. The idea of Furniture Delivery- Customer confidentiality isn't part of American jurisprudence

That's the reason for the gate in the first place. So that the HOA knows who is there, and what their business is. As far as these black guys are concerned, if they were really there just for a legitimate delivery to a legitimate customer, they should have just said so. The idea of Furniture Delivery- Customer confidentiality isn't part of American jurisprudence
Exactly. These aren't public streets. That's why there is a gate. Residents are not supposed to give out the gate code. And unaccompanied delivery vehicle would have been stopped... regardless of the race of the driver. But the race-baiters want special privileges. Can't stop me or it's racism. Bullshit.

Story continued here:

another one to file under ''fake news/fake racism''

Exactly. These aren't public streets. That's why there is a gate. Residents are not supposed to give out the gate code. And unaccompanied delivery vehicle would have been stopped... regardless of the race of the driver. But the race-baiters want special privileges. Can't stop me or it's racism. Bullshit.

That's why gates have call-boxes in gated communities so a resident getting a delivery can be notified by a delivery driver and open the gate!
Jesus.....

Forum List

Back