Make your bet, when will stock market collapse?

All total from March low of 2020 to the highs of this year

We have lost in a week ¹/20th of the gains in that time...over a trillion dollars of value has evaporated last week. Everyone was cheering when Apple had a three trillion dollar capitalization on the daily trading value...
Today it's just 2.80 trillion.

This is how the rich get richer. People will get spooked and bail and those with the money to do so will buy the stock cheap and when it goes back up their wealth will as well.

Either admit Trump blew the economy or give Trump and Biden a pass for the last two years. Either way it’s ok with me. But you’d be a moron to think Trump ran a good economy and Biden didn’t.

Trump was in charge for 3 years prior to COVID. He doesn’t need a pass. When Biden took over without an approved vaccine, inflation was around 2% and the economy and the markets where on a upward trajectory again. Biden road the vaccine wave and now both are on a downward trajectory. If you can’t see that, then it would behoove you to let someone else call the shots with any money you may have invested. Biden’s policies are nothing but detrimental to our economy.

It doesn’t take a degree in Economics to figure out what is going on as I stated the inflation wasn’t transitory many months ago and it is absolutely due to Biden and his inability to fix the supply chain disruption, mainly caused by a labor shortage, along with his energy policies. Many of you choose to listen to and believe indoctrinated fools who tell you otherwise.

So… you shorting the markets today? Let us know how big you went. I love the tension when someone goes all out for their beliefs.
Actually I went all cash...
Because shorting the market requires babysitting your positions. And I've been working on a new venture. It's taking up most of my time lately.

And I got a lot more work to do...so playing the market isn't exactly going to work for me at the moment. I could have bought into a hedge fund but they need watching too. And most of the gains from the hedge funds is almost over anyway. (At this point)

Actively managed ETF funds will be better for what I want at the moment than doing it myself. I get better gains when I do things myself than having someone else do it. (And I have to pay them for the lower returns) but my attention is elsewhere... because there's more to life than money.
Sure money is the grease that allows the wheels to turn...but the cart moving forward is the important part.

This is how the rich get richer. People will get spooked and bail and those with the money to do so will buy the stock cheap and when it goes back up their wealth will as well.
80/20 law...
80% of people buy the wrong stock at the wrong time from poorly made decisions.

So to make money you have to do the exact opposite of everyone else. You sell when everyone is buying...you buy when nobody else is. (Don't try to catch falling knives)

And you also have had to stay awake in Economics classes...not count on the old drunk professor to give you a passing grade just because you are drinking buddies.

The stock market crashed a 1,000 points on Monday morning.

By Monday evening it was back up where it started.

What a roller coaster.

Rumors that the fed will raise interest rates. Ukraine war. COVID.

The stock market crashed a 1,000 points on Monday morning.

By Monday evening it was back up where it started.

What a roller coaster.

Rumors that the fed will raise interest rates. Ukraine war. COVID.

The NASDAQ is up almost 400 points today. It is pretty crazy

What are "known configurations for profits..."?
You set reasonable profit targets and as you get close you begin taking money off the table... leaving just a very small amount for the very top and fall back... which is when you take that back too.

Stocks rise or fall for usually good reasons and will have price targets for when market conditions are met.

You can make money regardless of a rising or falling stock price...it just got to move.

No loyalty, no hopes, just buying and selling (but not necessarily in that order)

It's money... nothing to get emotional over. Even though many people do get very emotional over it. I've been rich, been poor... never really cared. My friends are what really matter through it all.

The NASDAQ is up almost 400 points today. It is pretty crazy
The volatility in the market is over the top lately...it's too much. I've cashed everything out and am sitting on cash. When it calms down some I'll get back in...

I like it moving...just not like it has the past week.

You set reasonable profit targets and as you get close you begin taking money off the table... leaving just a very small amount for the very top and fall back... which is when you take that back too.

Stocks rise or fall for usually good reasons and will have price targets for when market conditions are met.

You can make money regardless of a rising or falling stock price...it just got to move.

No loyalty, no hopes, just buying and selling (but not necessarily in that order)

It's money... nothing to get emotional over. Even though many people do get very emotional over it. I've been rich, been poor... never really cared. My friends are what really matter through it all.

Setting a reasonable target doesn't guarantee a profit.

Can you be a little more specific? Like with some of your known configurations?
The ones that aren't shooting craps.

It requires at least a year of a good foundation in studying global economics and then a year of understanding all the various chart formations of Fibinacci and the infamous cup w/handle...more than just the Wycoff spring. And you expect me to teach you the fundamentals in a forum post?
Lots of reasons the market moves...today with all the retail investors it's not exactly a calm ride or actually behaving appropriately. Mostly because a lot of retail investors have purchased trading software and let it make their choices for them. So it's somewhat predictable but you literally have to babysit a set of computer screens all day. Not exactly my idea of a fun filled day. Sure you make money but...meh...

I've cashed everything out and am sitting on cash. When it calms down some I'll get back in...

Not sure I would ever do that at this point in my life. Have a decade to accumulate as much as I can for retirement.

Heres some information...

It requires at least a year of a good foundation in studying global economics and then a year of understanding all the various chart formations of Fibinacci and the infamous cup w/handle...more than just the Wycoff spring. And you expect me to teach you the fundamentals in a forum post?
Lots of reasons the market moves...today with all the retail investors it's not exactly a calm ride or actually behaving appropriately. Mostly because a lot of retail investors have purchased trading software and let it make their choices for them. So it's somewhat predictable but you literally have to babysit a set of computer screens all day. Not exactly my idea of a fun filled day. Sure you make money but...meh...

Oh. The difference between a crap shoot and a known configuration involves charting and "Fibinacci" [sic] retracements.

Thanks for clearing that up. LOL!

Not sure I would ever do that at this point in my life. Have a decade to accumulate as much as I can for retirement.
Currently cash and bonds are actually performing better than any sort of equity or commodity. Especially with the strengthening dollar (took a huge jump from 95.xx to 97.07 in a matter of days)

Bitcoin has lost half it's value from its highs. Gold is slacking. S&P is down 20% this month. Russell isn't exactly doing great either.

All this volatility is indicative of all the margin money coming out of the market.

Let's put it this way...my dollars are currently strengthening so hard that we are actually having deflation...which is going to whiplash some serious amounts of inflation coming soon.

It's another recession...duh!
Except this time it's recession on top of double digit inflation.

So soon I will be making some purchases of value stocks that pay dividends and are continuing to make profits and exceed expectations. That's where I expect to see undervalued and unglamorized stocks that have only one way to go... especially when they get some glamour for being solid performers.

Oh. The difference between a crap shoot and a known configuration involves charting and "Fibinacci" [sic] retracements.

Thanks for clearing that up. LOL!
Well it's more than that. A LOT more.
BUT
One eye on Congress is not a bad idea either... even though they are supposed to announce and report all stock market transactions there have been over 200 recent violations of the existing laws concerning the behavior.

I've especially seen that the FED reserve and the chair has leaked like a strainer with what is going to be reported to Congress and during meetings.
Long gone are the days of Greenspan and his absolute silence and lack of telegraphing anything to anyone.

It's gotten so bad that there are rumor websites that will have the report and meeting minutes BEFORE the meetings actually happen. (Not official but still accurate often enough to be paid attention to)

Forum List

Back