S&P 500 set to open at record high as rally sustains

Otis Mayfield

Diamond Member
Sep 17, 2021
The S&P 500 was on track to open at all-time highs on Tuesday, building on a record-setting rally amid thin trading volumes, with investors unshaken by Omicron-driven travel disruptions and store closures.

The S&P 500 and Nasdaq on Monday posted their best four-day rally since November 2020, with the S&P 500 scaling a peak as an upbeat outlook on the U.S. economy helped investors look past thousands of flight cancellations and Apple Inc shutting its New York stores due to surging cases.

Wow!

Did you think the Biden economy would do so well?

While millions still struggle to make ends meet.

You foreigners don't get that nobody starves in America.

Unless their parents are complete failures.

Or they are mentally ill, on drugs, alcohol, etc.

The S&P 500 was on track to open at all-time highs on Tuesday, building on a record-setting rally amid thin trading volumes, with investors unshaken by Omicron-driven travel disruptions and store closures.

The S&P 500 and Nasdaq on Monday posted their best four-day rally since November 2020, with the S&P 500 scaling a peak as an upbeat outlook on the U.S. economy helped investors look past thousands of flight cancellations and Apple Inc shutting its New York stores due to surging cases.

Wow!

Did you think the Biden economy would do so well?
Inflation also pumps up securities prices, dipschitt.

Now deduct the rising average household expenditures from the declining incomes. Also these 'average household incomes' are skewed upwards by the top 10%'s high incomes per year.

'Lower productivity rates' is of course due to outsourcing jobs to shitholes, of which the profits end up in the pockets of a few racketeers in the top 10%, which in turn skew the 'average income' numbers. a nice little circle that makes Americans appear to be lot richer than most really are, and reflects that most household incomes are two or three jobs each.

Did I mention only morons think stock markets reflect real economies?

Last edited:
It does a portfolio good, as well as a 401k.

The problem is, inflation offsets gains in the markets. Inflation is now at a 40 year high.

Woo hoo, my 401k went up 10%. Gas went up almost 100% in the same time period.

So much for market gains, I have to spend more money to get less product. We were getting these kinds of gains under Trump WITHOUT the inflation. That cookie was a hell of a lot sweeter.

The problem is, inflation offsets gains in the markets. Inflation is now at a 40 year high.

Woo hoo, my 401k went up 10%. Gas went up almost 100% in the same time period.

So much for market gains, I have to spend more money to get less product. We were getting these kinds of gains under Trump WITHOUT the inflation. That cookie was a hell of a lot sweeter.

Sorry your 401k only went up 10%. Last I looked, back in early Nov, mine was up more than 30% for the year. Far more than the little bit extra I am paying for gas. Well actually I am not really paying more for gas as I drive 90% less than I did 2 years ago which offsets any price increase.

6 companies make up over 27% of the stocks traded on the S&P 500, any one of which can send it up or down and trigger automated trading in the double digits. 3 of them are software companies.

New Topics

Forum List

Back