Major study shows legal cannabis reversed a decade of rising opioid deaths in Colorado

MindWars

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2016
Major Study Shows Legal Cannabis REVERSED a Decade of Rising Opioid Deaths in Colorado

As states across the country struggle to combat the alarming death toll resulting from the opioid epidemic, a new study is showing that the percentage of opioid-related deaths actually decreased in one state, after it legalized cannabis.
----------------------------------

The one indoctrinated to think pot is just oh so bad, have no understanding how those in power created that fear in order to keep big pharma filthy rich , and court systems rich by demonizing a plan that is a miracle plant and because it works so well on many people and kids who are ill it would cause the medicinal industry to lose billions. CONNECT THE DOTS!

The first year they legalized it for recreational use, opiate overdosed dramatically dropped, and they have continued to drop ever since.

Yes, big pharma is very much against legalizing cannabis. Why? Because they can't make any money if you can grow your own medicine in your back yard.

If you have VICE channel on your cable provider, I recommend watching a series called Weediquette, and if you can, catch the one where one group in the NE US was using marijuana to treat heroin withdrawl. When someone quits heroin, they go through shakes, joint pain, loss of appetite, nausea, and jittery nerves. Guess what? A good indica will relieve pain, stimulate appetite, soothe nausea and calm a person down. When a person first stops heroin, they use a combination of THC oils and smoking to help with the withdrawl, and then, they continue to use cannabis until they decide to quit, because cannabis is not physically addictive.

Their success rate is around 60 percent for people staying clean so far. Average success rate of using methadone based treatment is around 8 percent.

You want to help solve the heroin problem, as well as have a way for the government to raise revenue? Legalize marijuana nation wide.

Interestingly enough, this is the first thing that Mind Wars and I agree on.

Too bad Mr. Keebler........ I mean Jeff Sessions wants to start a war on marijuana again.

You know, if those people were actually smart enough to absorb new information they would see the benefits of marijuana.

And, the classification of marijuana as done by the government is wrong right now as well. A Schedule I substance is one that is considered highly physically addictive (marijuana is not physically addictive at all), as well as has zero medical benefit for humans.

Marijuana has been proven by medical types to help with Alzheimer's, epilepsy, seizures, and a whole bunch of other things, so to keep it on Schedule I is kinda dishonest at best.

Interestingly enough, if marijuana was moved from Schedule I down to Schedule II or lower, doctors would be able to legally prescribe it nationwide.

The first year they legalized it for recreational use, opiate overdosed dramatically dropped, and they have continued to drop ever since.

Yes, big pharma is very much against legalizing cannabis. Why? Because they can't make any money if you can grow your own medicine in your back yard.

If you have VICE channel on your cable provider, I recommend watching a series called Weediquette, and if you can, catch the one where one group in the NE US was using marijuana to treat heroin withdrawl. When someone quits heroin, they go through shakes, joint pain, loss of appetite, nausea, and jittery nerves. Guess what? A good indica will relieve pain, stimulate appetite, soothe nausea and calm a person down. When a person first stops heroin, they use a combination of THC oils and smoking to help with the withdrawl, and then, they continue to use cannabis until they decide to quit, because cannabis is not physically addictive.

Their success rate is around 60 percent for people staying clean so far. Average success rate of using methadone based treatment is around 8 percent.

You want to help solve the heroin problem, as well as have a way for the government to raise revenue? Legalize marijuana nation wide.

interestingly still, is the US Gov't actually owns the patent to cannabinoids.

United States Patent 6,630,507
Hampson , et al.
October 7, 2003
**Please see images for:
( Certificate of Correction ) **
Cannabinoids as antioxidants and neuroprotectants

Abstract
Cannabinoids have been found to have antioxidant properties, unrelated to NMDA receptor antagonism. This new found property makes cannabinoids useful in the treatment and prophylaxis of wide variety of oxidation associated diseases, such as ischemic, age-related, inflammatory and autoimmune diseases. The cannabinoids are found to have particular application as neuroprotectants, for example in limiting neurological damage following ischemic insults, such as stroke and trauma, or in the treatment of neurodegenerative diseases, such as Alzheimer's disease, Parkinson's disease and HIV dementia. Nonpsychoactive cannabinoids, such as cannabidoil, are particularly advantageous to use because they avoid toxicity that is encountered with psychoactive cannabinoids at high doses useful in the method of the present invention. A particular disclosed class of cannabinoids useful as neuroprotective antioxidants is formula (I) wherein the R group is independently selected from the group consisting of H, CH.sub.3, and COCH.sub.3. ##STR1##

Inventors: Hampson; Aidan J. (Irvine, CA), Axelrod; Julius (Rockville, MD), Grimaldi; Maurizio (Bethesda, MD)
Assignee: The United States of America as represented by the Department of Health and Human Services (Washington, DC)
Family ID: 26767641
Appl. No.:
09/674,028
Filed:
February 2, 2001
PCT Filed:
April 21, 1999
PCT No.:
PCT/US99/08769
PCT Pub. No.:
WO99/53917
PCT Pub. Date:
October 28, 1999
[...]

United States Patent: 6630507

Hampson , et al.
October 7, 2003
**Please see images for:

Abstract
Cannabinoids have been found to have antioxidant properties, unrelated to NMDA receptor antagonism. This new found property makes cannabinoids useful in the treatment and prophylaxis of wide variety of oxidation associated diseases, such as ischemic, age-related, inflammatory and autoimmune diseases. The cannabinoids are found to have particular application as neuroprotectants, for example in limiting neurological damage following ischemic insults, such as stroke and trauma, or in the treatment of neurodegenerative diseases, such as Alzheimer's disease, Parkinson's disease and HIV dementia. Nonpsychoactive cannabinoids, such as cannabidoil, are particularly advantageous to use because they avoid toxicity that is encountered with psychoactive cannabinoids at high doses useful in the method of the present invention. A particular disclosed class of cannabinoids useful as neuroprotective antioxidants is formula (I) wherein the R group is independently selected from the group consisting of H, CH.sub.3, and COCH.sub.3. ##STR1##

Inventors: Hampson; Aidan J. (Irvine, CA), Axelrod; Julius (Rockville, MD), Grimaldi; Maurizio (Bethesda, MD)
Assignee: The United States of America as represented by the Department of Health and Human Services (Washington, DC)
Appl. No.:
09/674,028
Filed:
February 2, 2001
PCT Filed:
April 21, 1999
PCT No.:
PCT/US99/08769
PCT Pub. No.:
WO99/53917
PCT Pub. Date:
October 28, 1999
[...]

You know, based on this patent, marijuana should have been moved to Schedule II or lower on Feb 2, 2001 when this patent was issued.

Why? Simple................in order for a drug to be Schedule I, it has to be highly physically addictive and have zero medical use for humans.

This patent says that it is useful medically. If it is useful medically, then it should not be on Schedule I.

Hampson , et al.
October 7, 2003
**Please see images for:

Abstract

Appl. No.:
09/674,028
Filed:
February 2, 2001
PCT Filed:
April 21, 1999
PCT No.:
PCT/US99/08769
PCT Pub. No.:
WO99/53917
PCT Pub. Date:
October 28, 1999
[...]

You know, based on this patent, marijuana should have been moved to Schedule II or lower on Feb 2, 2001 when this patent was issued.

Why? Simple................in order for a drug to be Schedule I, it has to be highly physically addictive and have zero medical use for humans.

This patent says that it is useful medically. If it is useful medically, then it should not be on Schedule I.

the powers that be won't do it because big pharma has them in their pocketbooks.

• Banned

Hampson , et al.
October 7, 2003
**Please see images for:

Abstract

Appl. No.:
09/674,028
Filed:
February 2, 2001
PCT Filed:
April 21, 1999
PCT No.:
PCT/US99/08769
PCT Pub. No.:
WO99/53917
PCT Pub. Date:
October 28, 1999
[...]

Thanks already knew that information for the past 2008 or so.

Tell me why again we want to throw people in prison for using this? WTF is wrong with this country?

You know, if you want to get a really good, thorough history of marijuana in this country, I recommend that you get a copy of the documentary "Grass" that is narrated by Woody Harrelson. It tells you a great deal of how it became illegal, as well as the efforts of others to make it legal.

Why do we throw people in prison? Because the guy who started the whole thing, an FBI agent named Anslinger, was a racist prick who hated black and brown people and was looking for a way to lock them up. Because marijuana was used mainly by black and Hispanic people, Anslinger thought that making that plant illegal was a good idea.

He took his idea to DuPont (who was just starting to experiment with petroleum products and didn't want competition from hemp oil), and to William Randoph Hearst (who had large timber holdings and didn't want competition from hemp paper), and got them to bankroll a movie project for him. He took that money to Hollywood and had the film Reefer Madness made. Reefer Madness was a pure propaganda film, and anyone who has had training for drug and alcohol addiction would know that the people in that film are acting like they are either drunk or high on cocaine. Nothing in that movie demonstrated anything like what actually happens when people get stoned.

And, that is also why the original punishments for possession of cannabis were so draconian.

But, because we have had a culture that has said it's bad since 1939, it's taken a while to turn it around, but it looks like it's happening.

And, one of the best supporters of marijuana legalization is the NFL. A lot of the players would rather be able to smoke a joint or eat some edibles for pain relief than use the opiates that the team doctors currently prescribe.

Major Study Shows Legal Cannabis REVERSED a Decade of Rising Opioid Deaths in Colorado

As states across the country struggle to combat the alarming death toll resulting from the opioid epidemic, a new study is showing that the percentage of opioid-related deaths actually decreased in one state, after it legalized cannabis.

The one indoctrinated to think pot is just oh so bad, have no understanding how those in power created that fear in order to keep big pharma filthy rich , and court systems rich by demonizing a plan that is a miracle plant and because it works so well on many people and kids who are ill it would cause the medicinal industry to lose billions. CONNECT THE DOTS!
Pass the sour diesel please....

Make mine Golden Goat, Jesus OG, or Gorilla Glue. (I prefer Sativas and Sativa hybrids).

Make mine Golden Goat, Jesus OG, or Gorilla Glue. (I prefer Sativas and Sativa hybrids).
I had some conspiracy kush that was pretty good...But I need to go back to shop the other varieties, and it's cheaper than what is sold around here...

Hampson , et al.
October 7, 2003
**Please see images for:

Abstract

Appl. No.:
09/674,028
Filed:
February 2, 2001
PCT Filed:
April 21, 1999
PCT No.:
PCT/US99/08769
PCT Pub. No.:
WO99/53917
PCT Pub. Date:
October 28, 1999
[...]

Quick question for you legal minds.................since the requirements for Schedule I classification of drugs is that they have no medical benefit, and this patent for marijuana states that it does have medical benefit, do you think it's a possibility to bring a suit to the DEA to get them to remove it from Schedule I?

I mean, even the government says that it has medical benefits in this patent, so why is it still Schedule I?

If you have legal training, please tell me if this has any merit.

I had some conspiracy kush that was pretty good...But I need to go back to shop the other varieties, and it's cheaper than what is sold around here...

You are just full of it today lmao KUSH, the synthetic bs might do you good bhahahaah.

You are just full of it today lmao KUSH, the synthetic bs might do you good bhahahaah.
It's real marijuana not any of that synthetic bullshit...

Forum List

Back