Maine Becomes First State To Try Ranked-Choice Voting for President

This is a new Democrat initiative to put themselves in position to steal the election.

Nope. It's not. I've been working to promote this. There are many Republicans, Libertarians, etc.. involved in working to make elections better. In fact, we're getting a lot of push back from the Democratic establishment.

I could care less what the democrats or republicans want.

I've been a registered Independent since 1978.

This will give people from other parties a better chance to get on the general election ballot.

Which is something democrats and republicans have worked for decades to prevent.

I know many people who vote democratic only because they believe their vote for any other party will elect a republican. If people like that and myself have the chance to actually vote our conscience, we will have better diversity in our elections.

We also need to stop the vote suppression in too many states.

Voting for Libertarian, Green, or independent candidates will not mean “throwing your vote away.”

On Monday, the state's Supreme Judicial Court upheld the use of ranked-choice voting for its presidential and congressional races, resisting efforts by the state's Republican Party to force a stop to its use.

In ranked-choice voting, citizens aren't asked to just choose a single candidate. They are permitted to rank the candidates from most to least favorite. In order to win a ranked-choice vote, a candidate is required to earn a majority of the votes (more than 50 percent), not just a plurality. In the event no candidate gets a majority of the votes, the candidate with the fewest votes is tossed out of the running. Then the votes are tallied again, but for voters whose favorite was just tossed out, their second choice now counts as their vote. This continues until one candidate has earned at least 50 percent of the votes.

So it does nothing useful--------and only complicates the voting process making it easier to manipulate a vote. Got it.

Voting for Libertarian, Green, or independent candidates will not mean “throwing your vote away.”

On Monday, the state's Supreme Judicial Court upheld the use of ranked-choice voting for its presidential and congressional races, resisting efforts by the state's Republican Party to force a stop to its use.

In ranked-choice voting, citizens aren't asked to just choose a single candidate. They are permitted to rank the candidates from most to least favorite. In order to win a ranked-choice vote, a candidate is required to earn a majority of the votes (more than 50 percent), not just a plurality. In the event no candidate gets a majority of the votes, the candidate with the fewest votes is tossed out of the running. Then the votes are tallied again, but for voters whose favorite was just tossed out, their second choice now counts as their vote. This continues until one candidate has earned at least 50 percent of the votes.

This is some all-too-rare good news on the political front. Hopefully other states will follow.

Then you can say Biden wasn't your first choice, he was your second, LOL

Biden was my second to last choice.

trump being my last choice.

I voted for who I wanted for president in the primary.

I voted my conscience and love for my children and America in the general election.

This is some all-too-rare good news on the political front. Hopefully other states will follow.

Then you can say Biden wasn't your first choice, he was your second, LOL
Exactly. I'd rank him second to last, right ahead of Trump.

That's exactly how I ranked him.

This is a new Democrat initiative to put themselves in position to steal the election.

Nope. It's not. I've been working to promote this. There are many Republicans, Libertarians, etc.. involved in working to make elections better. In fact, we're getting a lot of push back from the Democratic establishment.

This will give people from other parties a better chance to get on the general election ballot.

Which is something democrats and republicans have worked for decades to prevent.

I know many people who vote democratic only because they believe their vote for any other party will elect a republican. If people like that and myself have the chance to actually vote our conscience, we will have better diversity in our elections.

We agree on something and you didn't kill it in the same post. That's nice. JOY.

If it keeps you from voting communist democrat it can't be all bad.

^ This.

Todays partisans can not buy a toilet or a set of blinds without somehow making the decision partisan. One more reason that this measure needs to be enacted across the nation.

Oddly enough, the republicans are screaming to high heaven about this and it would have likely helped Trump.

You pick a list of priorities and the state will pick your candidate and vote for you. Life in the 21st century after a hundred years of federally run education system. Why am I not surprised?

Forum List

Back