Magnitude-6.5 earthquake is largest in Nevada in past 66 years

Waiting for 'them' to blame it on Trump and/or Global Warming.

I went through the 1989 quake (Loma Prieta). Soon as it hit I ran out to the front yard to get my kids, the ground was rippling and I could not stand up. Ended up on my knees an riding the thing out. Afterwards, very quiet. Everything dead quiet, not birds chirping, no dogs barking, etc. electricity, phone, etc. all out. Very freaky.

Let's hope that the weapons grade plutonium the skidmark administration shipped to Nevada in 2019 remains intact.

When the Democrats tell the Democrats in Nevada to declare war on President Trump, the Demmies will bribe the Republicans in Congress to pay for highway damage inflicted by nature onto the national government or they will be tapping Hillary Clinton's FBI files for sure. The FBI know everything about everyone since Barack Obama likely put all Republicans in the whole nation on his "watch" list, and he will be certain to put Michele's list from Hillary to good use. /conspiracy theory most likely in effect today. The Democrats in the past have enabled every bad list known to humankind in their billfold, and I'm sick of them. All of them.

Let's hope that the weapons grade plutonium the skidmark administration shipped to Nevada in 2019 remains intact.

When the Democrats tell the Democrats in Nevada to declare war on President Trump, the Demmies will bribe the Republicans in Congress to pay for highway damage inflicted by nature onto the national government or they will be tapping Hillary Clinton's FBI files for sure. The FBI know everything about everyone since Barack Obama likely put all Republicans in the whole nation on his "watch" list, and he will be certain to put Michele's list from Hillary to good use. /conspiracy theory most likely in effect today. The Democrats in the past have enabled every bad list known to humankind in their billfold, and I'm sick of them. All of them.
Actually, that plutonium is less of a threat than Covid and Covid is less of a threat than the Democrat viruses...Pelosi, Schumer, Schiff, Hillary and all the 'shut down' so called medical 'professionals' and 'scientists'........Plutonium is pretty low on the risk list Skippy.

Actually, that plutonium is less of a threat than Covid and Covid is less of a threat than the Democrat viruses...Pelosi, Schumer, Schiff, Hillary and all the 'shut down' so called medical 'professionals' and 'scientists'........Plutonium is pretty low on the risk list Skippy.
That's funny you would think that, sir, when the Chinese people have been cited as desiring to rule the planet. They're committed Communists who have no God and have apparently grown to dislike the United States Republic with unprecedented patronization.

I've always wanted to experience an earthquake.
I've got hurricanes,wildfires and tornadoes covered.
Be careful what you wish for. I lived in California for 5 years back when. There's a lot of paranoia in and around earthquake season, which is wherever mother nature feels like a good shakeup is needed wherever she picks. Some are hospitalized with fright after a 5-point Richter scale quake.

I'm not looking for a 9 among a bunch of high rises.
A 5 out in the open desert would suffice.
I cant see it being any worse than the roar of tornado in the dark that barely misses your house and obliterates the ones a couple houses over.
Or hours of 100 mph plus winds....then total stillness while waiting for the eye to pass so you get to experience it all over again from the other direction......especially on the Gulf Coast where we dont have basements to hide in.

An earthquake with a revised magnitude of 6.5 hit a remote area of Nevada on Friday morning, about 225 miles northwest of Las Vegas and near the California border, the US Geological Survey says. The quake, which was 4.7 miles deep, occurred at 4:03 a.m. local time, the USGS says.

as the a- -holes will saay Ohhhhh happens all the time............

That's funny you would think that, sir, when the Chinese people have been cited as desiring to rule the planet. They're committed Communists who have no God and have apparently grown to dislike the United States Republic with unprecedented patronization.
Well we can agree that China is more of a threat than Plutonium.

A month prior to this quake, I felt a distinct foreshock while I was standing in line about noon October 30 at the post office. The vibration I felt under my feet at that time was no stronger than that of a passing truck on the highway, but I knew it was an earthquake. It may have been this earthquake I felt at that time.

I was only about five miles from the epicenter of this earthquake when it hit. The ground traveled back and forth violently a distance of two feet, and just when I thought all hell was about to break loose, the violent motion eased, but the earth continued shaking and rumbling without letup all day and all night for two long weeks. Even a week later strong aftershocks hit and shook the building as much as six inches at a time.

4:03 a.m. local time
At exactly 4:05 a.m. CNN blames Trump, 4:10 a.m. MSNBC says Trump did not send Nevada enough seismic detectors, 12:30pm Pelosi finally wakes up from her all night Ice cream binge and announces an investigation to why Trump caused the earth to quake.
3xl4i1.jpg

We barely felt it.

I felt nothing at all. I didn’t even know anything happened until I read about it. I guess some people up in northern Las Vegas felt it, but I’m down in Henderson

It depends on what sort of ground you are on too. I live on the Sierra Nevada batholith so am on bedrock. A friend who lives on the westside of Carson City though, quaternary aluvium, his place had quite a bit of motion.

Forum List

Back