Magnitude 6.4 Earthquake Strikes Northern California – 70,000 Without Power, Injuries Reported

skye

Diamond Member
Oct 19, 2012
I wonder if it is just the start of bigger quakes .

If California did break away from the mainland and drift out to the middle of the ocean that would make a wonderful Xmas present for so many .
No casualties of course .

A 6.4 is a rather impressive quake......... a relatively strong one.

I'm amazed there weren't more hurt or killed.

I was in one in southern cali when I was a kid. Caused massive damage and a lot of casualties.

But there was a LOT of cheap canned goods in the dented can sales for months!

I wonder if it is just the start of bigger quakes .

If California did break away from the mainland and drift out to the middle of the ocean that would make a wonderful Xmas present for so many .
No casualties of course .
that wont happen according to MIT.....

A 6.4-magnitude earthquake rocked parts of Northern California early Tuesday, knocking out power for thousands, causing widespread damage and leaving at least two people injured, officials said.

December 20, 2022

With all that power out, think of the reduced carbon emissions

Say, why not just keep it this way Calirfornia?

been in a few big ones.....just think of down in Chile they had a 9 pointer.....

That one in Chile in 1960 was one of the worst..... it was a 9.4 or 9.6 and OMGGGGGGGGG it lasted for 10 minutes

OH MY GOD!

R.ee1d4a7ffced68f7fb8a14e755a0492a

A 6.4-magnitude earthquake rocked parts of Northern California early Tuesday, knocking out power for thousands, causing widespread damage and leaving at least two people injured, officials said.

December 20, 2022

I knew there was a reason that the number 6.4 magnitude caught my attention. A couple of team members and I were JUST talking about the Good Friday earthquake that occurred in 1964 in Alaska that spawned a tsunami that decimated the coastal town of Crescent City, California.

My prayers go out to everyone there, I've survived my fair share of earthquakes and they're not something that you generally receive advance notice of.

Forum List

Back