5.8 magnitude earthquake strikes Puerto Rico causing reported damage

MindWars

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2016
AP – A 5.8-magnitude quake hit Puerto Rico before dawn Monday, unleashing small landslides, causing power outages and severely cracking some homes. It was one of the strongest quakes yet to hit the U.S. territory that has been shaking for the past week. There were no immediate reports of casualties. The quake struck at 6:32 a.m. (1032 GMT) just south of the island at a relatively shallow depth of 10 kilometers (6 miles), according to the U.S. Geological Service.

Sh$t is coming deny it all you want this chit isn't normal and there's much more going on around the globe than half the dumbasses on this planet haven't a clue.

upload_2020-1-6_11-2-28.png

RSOE EDIS - - Event reports (Earthquakes, events, tropical storms, tsunamies and others)

You have to scroll down on the right side to find this part hiding under the mam.

Last edited:
AP – A 5.8-magnitude quake hit Puerto Rico before dawn Monday, unleashing small landslides, causing power outages and severely cracking some homes. It was one of the strongest quakes yet to hit the U.S. territory that has been shaking for the past week. There were no immediate reports of casualties. The quake struck at 6:32 a.m. (1032 GMT) just south of the island at a relatively shallow depth of 10 kilometers (6 miles), according to the U.S. Geological Service.

Sh$t is coming deny it all you want this chit isn't normal and there's much more going on around the globe than half the dumbasses on this planet haven't a clue.
Puerto Rico has had bigger quakes than that before....

• Banned
Today's action

upload_2020-1-6_10-59-41.png

yeah the map gives historical info too......

upload_2020-1-6_11-1-14.png

Puerto Rico sits 75 miles southwest of the Puerto Rico Trench (70 million years old) and it's very small land mass interacts with the north American plate and the tiny Caribbean plate. It is being squeezed upward by the constant pressure and inexorable movement of the Mid Atlantic ridge as it dives beneath these plat junctions. It does seem more active in recent years.

View attachment 298706

RSOE EDIS - - Event reports (Earthquakes, events, tropical storms, tsunamies and others)

You have to scroll down on the right side to find this part hiding under the mam.
You must have been really upset that it was only a 5.8. We all know you can only get off with big ones.

View attachment 298706

You must have been really upset that it was only a 5.8. We all know you can only get off with big ones.

5.8 is pretty big. I felt a 3.5 to 4 and heard it come and go, past Paducah, Ky shking the telephone poles and house as a kid. Pretty amazing.

View attachment 298706

5.8 is pretty big. I felt a 3.5 to 4 and heard it come and go, past Paducah, Ky shking the telephone poles and house as a kid. Pretty amazing.
try a 6.7.....thats a real Adrenalin rush....

View attachment 298706

He is certainly at fault, if not indeed a fault, though he has no control over nature..

View attachment 298706

Woooh! I bet! I'll pass if I can. I'm 50 miles from Reelfoot lake and the New Madrid fault, but is pretty quite around here.

View attachment 298706

Woooh! I bet! I'll pass if I can. I'm 50 miles from Reelfoot lake and the New Madrid fault, but is pretty quite around here.
i was 10 miles from the epicenter of a 3.2 and it threw me back into my postal truck as i was getting out.....those ones you usually hardly feel.....

View attachment 298706

It's Trumps fault.

View attachment 298706

i was 10 miles from the epicenter of a 3.2 and it threw me back into my postal truck as i was getting out.....those ones you usually hardly feel.....

People in California, would laugh at my 3.5 and your 3.2. They probably don't understand that if they don't happen in your area, they give you a whole new perspective about standing on solid ground.

People in California, would laugh at my 3.5 and your 3.2. They probably don't understand that if they don't happen in your area, they give you a whole new perspective about standing on solid ground.
i experienced both quakes in S.Cal.....lived there 50 years....experienced quit a few 4s and 5s....the sixer was something else.....i can imagine what an 8 or 9 feel like....

i experienced both quakes in S.Cal.....lived there 50 years....experienced quit a few 4s and 5s....the sixer was something else.....i can imagine what an 8 or 9 feel like....

Always been interested. Wrote a research paper on plate tectonics and seismology of California, back in early 80s. Only got a "B". Said research was good and written on college level, but I had forgotten my target audience. Don't ever do that for freshman English comp class. :)
Seriously though, it is hard to imagine living with that much uncertainty about the very ground you walk on, on a daily basis. I've heard you get used to it a bunch of times, but I think I would have to be making a butt load of money being there or would have to move.

Forum List

Back