MAGA Wants to Cut Defense

Like we saw our $86b of prepositioned equipment in AFG get taken by the Tailban.
Don't fight the last war, we can't afford it.
Completely different. unless you start pulling all troops out of Europe. A lot of the equipment is not cost effective to bring back.

Completely different. unless you start pulling all troops out of Europe. A lot of the equipment is not cost effective to bring back.
Who would we be fighting in the EU? Russia?
Nah, can't be Russia, or the EU wouldn't be buying gas and oil from them to fund their military, right?
Like Trump tried to explain to Angela? Remember?
What sense does that make? Supporting your adversary? Is that an example of "critical thinking"?
So why put the US equipment in the wrong theater?
NATO has Russia well in hand, right? They can't even beat the Ukes.

More ironic than hilarious. LEOs too.
I was thinking more in the realm of Dimocrat

fake-news.gif

So why are US taxpayers paying to keep US troops in the EU?
Keeping them in the US adds to the US GDP, and creates US jobs.
Yes there is plenty of room in the US for the EU based troops.

Its a matter of who should pay to keep them there? 100% US taxpayers? No!
Where did you get that silly idea?

Troops coming back to the US from overseas would require dormitory style barracks, dining facilities, training grounds,, and many other aspects of stationing the troops here that you have not considered. Who pays for those?

Troops coming back to the US from overseas would require dormitory style barracks, dining facilities, training grounds,, and many other aspects of stationing the troops here that you have not considered. Who pays for those?
We do, Dr. AdmiralDerp Tory. Get to the point.

View attachment 746848

With every post you attempt to arrogantly flex your keyboard muscles in an attempt to demean othets you prove yourself to be an ignorant, arrogant ass.

Judging by your childish, insecure posts rather that an Admiral you were some lowly sailor who scrubbed toilets and wore pants that had his name in the back so his fellow sailors would know who he was when he was bent over.

You're dismissed, squid...IF you ever even served at all....not that anyone cares.
Enlisted 1978 Navy Nuclear Power Program - trained as Electronics Technician (Reactor Operator) also trained in radar systems.

Navy ROTC scholarship 1979- Engineering. Later changed to Computer Science and History.

Commissioned 1984 - Surface Warfare Officer, assigned to guided missile cruiser.

Naval Air Warfare School 1984, Nuclear Weapons School. Deployed to Mediterranean.

ASW School 1985, 2nd deployment to Mediterranean. Spent deployment spying on Russian carrier battle group.

Reassigned to engineering as Auxiliaries Officer.

Reassigned to Navy Recruiting 1987. One of the Navy's top recruiting districts 1988 and 1989.

Reassigned to Steam Propulsion Engineer School 1990. Assigned as Main Propulsion Assistant guided missile cruiser.

Deployed Desert Storm 1991.

Reassigned to SWO Department Head School 1992, Navy Chief Engineer and Tactical Action Officer schools. Main Propulsion Assistant amphibious assault carrier.

Navy Reserve 1994-2001.

My cards are on the table. You don't have the balls to post your quals.

Enlisted 1978 Navy Nuclear Power Program - trained as Electronics Technician (Reactor Operator) also trained in radar systems.

Navy ROTC scholarship 1979- Engineering. Later changed to Computer Science and History.

Commissioned 1984 - Surface Warfare Officer, assigned to guided missile cruiser.

Naval Air Warfare School 1984, Nuclear Weapons School. Deployed to Mediterranean.

ASW School 1985, 2nd deployment to Mediterranean. Spent deployment spying on Russian carrier battle group.

Reassigned to Navy Recruiting 1987. One of the Navy's top recruiting districts 1988 and 1989.

Reassigned to Steam Propulsion Engineer School 1990. Assigned as Main Propulsion Assistant guided missile cruiser.

Reassigned to SWO Department Head School 1992, Navy Chief Engineer and Tactical Action Officer schools. Main Propulsion Assistant amphibious assault carrier.

Navy Reserve 1994-2001.

Whose resume did you steal that from, Senator Blumenthal / President Biden?

laughing hilariously.jpg

Navy Reserve 1994-2001.

If any of that stuff is the truth, thank you for your service. So, you're a veteran. Neat. Doesn't make you an expert on anything beyond tinkering with infrastructure on ships boats. Neat, tho. :113:

That is my resume. Don't believe it? You may kiss my ass you fucking asshole! Your ignorance is well noted.
I don't know why you bothered wasting all that time typing all of that up. ...for MY sake.

Did you REALLY think I was going to be impressed by what some rude, pompous, arrogant, anonymous ass behind a keyboard posted on-line, demanding everyone read it, be impressed, and ... what ... treat you differently, like you are so much better than the rest of us ... because YOU say so?

Oh, honey, NO.

laughing hilariously.jpg

Like we saw our $86b of prepositioned equipment in AFG get taken by the Tailban.
More prepositioned lies aka talking points, from disinformation central.

$82.9 billion — is the total amount spent on the Afghanistan Security Forces Fund since the war began in 2001.

During a news briefing on Aug. 30, Gen. Kenneth F. McKenzie Jr., commander of U.S. Central Command, said of the equipment at the airport in Kabul, “We brought some of it out, and we demilitarized some of it.” By demilitarized, he means disabled — and likely means key components were blown up. There were reports of explosions at the airport, which Maj. Gen. Hank Taylor, the joint staff deputy director for regional operations, described as “controlled detonations.”

McKenzie said American forces had “demilitarized” up to 70 MRAPs “that will never be used again by anyone” and 27 Humvees, “that will never be driven again.”

In addition, he said, there were 73 aircraft on the ramp at the Kabul airport.

“Those aircraft will never fly again when we left,” McKenzie said. “They’ll never be able to be operated by anyone. Most of them were non-mission capable, to begin with, but certainly they’ll never be able to be flown again.”

Just before leaving, the military also destroyed a weapon system used to intercept rockets, artillery and mortars, known as C-RAM, McKenzie said. The New York Times reported that C-RAMs and several armored vehicles left behind at the U.S. Embassy were also destroyed or rendered inoperable.

Pentagon Press Secretary John Kirby said the military has been relocating and destroying equipment in Afghanistan for several years now.

I don't know why you bothered wasting all that time typing all of that up. ...for MY sake.

Did you REALLY think I was going to be impressed by what some rude, pompous, arrogant, anonymous ass behind a keyboard posted on-line, demanding everyone read it, be impressed, and ... what ... treat you differently, like you are so much better than the rest of us ... because YOU say so?

Oh, honey, NO.

View attachment 746871
I guess my assessment of you having a GED and being nothing more than long time McDonald's burger flipper are 100% accurate.

Keep up the good work and maybe they will promote you to the French fry machine in a few years.

I guess my assessment of you having a GED and being nothing more than long time McDonald's burger flipper are 100% accurate.

Keep up the good work and maybe they will promote you to the French fry machine in a few years.

Back AGAIN? I had no idea you were such an insecure, needy attention whore....

:itsok:

So you say its cheaper to keep US troops in the EU than it is to keep them here in the US?

Like I said before. Bullshitting is not your long suit. Besides we don't have enough troops anyway.

More prepositioned lies aka talking points, from disinformation central.

$82.9 billion — is the total amount spent on the Afghanistan Security Forces Fund since the war began in 2001.

During a news briefing on Aug. 30, Gen. Kenneth F. McKenzie Jr., commander of U.S. Central Command, said of the equipment at the airport in Kabul, “We brought some of it out, and we demilitarized some of it.” By demilitarized, he means disabled — and likely means key components were blown up. There were reports of explosions at the airport, which Maj. Gen. Hank Taylor, the joint staff deputy director for regional operations, described as “controlled detonations.”

McKenzie said American forces had “demilitarized” up to 70 MRAPs “that will never be used again by anyone” and 27 Humvees, “that will never be driven again.”

In addition, he said, there were 73 aircraft on the ramp at the Kabul airport.

“Those aircraft will never fly again when we left,” McKenzie said. “They’ll never be able to be operated by anyone. Most of them were non-mission capable, to begin with, but certainly they’ll never be able to be flown again.”

Just before leaving, the military also destroyed a weapon system used to intercept rockets, artillery and mortars, known as C-RAM, McKenzie said. The New York Times reported that C-RAMs and several armored vehicles left behind at the U.S. Embassy were also destroyed or rendered inoperable.

Pentagon Press Secretary John Kirby said the military has been relocating and destroying equipment in Afghanistan for several years now.
Even if its $40b its too much to leave in AFG. Biden is a disaster.

The GOP said today that we spent more in Ukraine than on US infrastructure. Horrible spending priorities.

So you say its cheaper to keep US troops in the EU than it is to keep them here in the US?

Like I said before. Bullshitting is not your long suit. Besides we don't have enough troops anyway.
I think what the Rear Admiral meant was it is cheaper to keep US troops staged overseas as both a detriment to those who might be thinking of starting some shit and cheaper than having to move troops / gear / etc... there if a conflict did start and we didn't already have troops there.

These 'Forward Bases' are key to our strategic projection of power.

There's a lot more to it ... negotiated agreements between the US and other nations / allies like NATO countries etc...but I think you get the gist of it.

Where did I say that?

I was an Army recruiting manager as a civilian for 4 years before my health forced me to retire.

I showed you the expenditures that would have to be made to make it happen. Several years ago, a 1st Infantry battalion was transferred to Fort Knox KY as psrt of the drawdown of US troops in Germany. They could not build the facilities they needed there so the Army moved them after a short period to Fort Carson, CO. A new much smaller unit that had never existed took over their facilities and being a non-combat unit, did not need s many training facilities.

Every year, 8000 ROTC cadets use the post for summer training. There are not enough personnel and equipment to handle such a load so they sent my daughter's unit from Fort Hood all the way to KY, including shipping vehicles and water tanks by train. They spent a great deal of their time living with and without tents in the woods. My daughter had gone through the training in 2015. She stayed in enlisted quarters because nothing else was available despite her being the only officer.

This past summer, the same occurred at the US Military Academy at West Point. My daughter's unit and many other logistics units sent troops to handle their support from bases all over the Army and my daughter's command at Fort Campbell. She spent 4 months in NY and then her troops returned home to deploy to eastern Europe. She did not go because she had to have two surgeries to make her whole again.

Forum List

Back