MAGA Immigration Chart for Dummies

Looks like I finally found a chart to explain the immigration problem to me in a language I understand - hogwash. Trump did nothing to stave off immigration in this country until he let COVID run rampant. See study below the very clearly labeled chart.

View attachment 883390

But as the Trump tenure nears its end, analysis of immigration data shows that, despite public perception to the contrary, the administration’s policies have not led to a marked drop in the number of permanent immigrants, temporary foreign workers, international students, and those receiving asylum in the United States—at least not yet. In other words, with the exception of refugee admissions, there has not been a dramatic, across-the-board “Trump effect” attributable either to the administration’s policies or rhetoric on immigration levels.

Instead, the most significant drop in U.S. immigration during the president’s term came from COVID-19. As the pandemic affected migration globally, permanent and temporary immigration to the United States reached a record low in fiscal year (FY) 2020, a trend that could continue into FY 2021. The number of immigrant visas issued abroad in FY 2020 dipped 45 percent from a year earlier, and the number of temporary (nonimmigrant) visas issued decreased 54 percent. However, without the public-health crisis, it seems unlikely that immigrant and nonimmigrant visa issuance would have fallen this low. And while Trump acted to limit mobility in response to the coronavirus outbreak, trends suggest that immigration was dropping in advance of his proclamations.
I certainly agree that the language you understand and talk is hogwash.

The LAW says that asylum seekers get their day in court.

You don’t like it? Change the law

Great, let them wait in their own countries. All of them using the same words to request asylum proves they've been coached. The have no right to work in the US. And we have no obligation to support them.

Great, let them wait in their own countries. All of them using the same words to request asylum proves they've been coached. The have no right to work in the US. And we have no obligation to support them.

Problem is when they look at the results of sending them back it turns out almost none get their day on court… which violates the law

Again… you don’t like it, change the law.

Oh wait, that would require a functioning Congress.

Republicans run Congress and they are completely disfinctional

Problem is when they look at the results of sending them back it turns out almost none get their day on court… which violates the law

It's not our problem if they don't come back for court, it's theirs. Hell most that are allowed to stay will never show up for court and get a deportation order and xiden won't let ICE go round them up.

That word salad has no meaning.

:laughing0301:

Why do you keep lying and misrepresenting?

The border is not secure. The laws are in place. The fed needs to enforce the Secure Fence Act of 2006. Hillary, Schumer, and Biden all voted for it. NOW BIDEN NEEDS TO ENFORCE THE LAW HE VOTED FOR.

Forum List

Back