Madison Cawthorn goes AWOL leaving constituents in the lurch

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras

This seems a particularly egregious example of bad loser syndrome. His successor is a member of the same party.

But Cawthorne has stuck out his lower lip and taken his toys home. This is what happenss when you elect people of low character to public office.

It all adds to the cynicism around elected politicians.

Last edited:

This aeems a particularly egregious example of bad loser syndrome. His successor is a member of the same party.

But Cawthorne has stuck out his lower lip and taken his toys home. This is what happenss when you elect people of low character to public office.

Cawthorne bailed months ago..in fact, he packed it in as soon as it was clear that he'd been 'primaried'.

Meh, why do anything for the folks that rejected you? It's not like a lame duck could do anything for them anyway. He was dead in the water after the primary.

They should appreciate the clean start....So should Edwards....More "donation" money for them to secure his "favors".

Fuckin' dumb-shit Limey needs to know how things work.

Meh, why do anything for the folks that rejected you? It's not like a lame duck could do anything for them anyway. He was dead in the water after the primary.

They should appreciate the clean start....So should Edwards....More "donation" money for them to secure his "favors".

He was stealing a wage. He was being paid to do a job.

It is possible he didn't have anything pending I suppose. Some members are more into casework than others. The one I worked for was luke warm for it, but we were staffed out to do it. The one who came next was very hands on with it personally and was staffed out for it (many were holdover staffers from us). The guy after that only kept 1 experienced case worker in all his offices and hired a bunch of campaign co-ed pixies to do it (in theory). I warned him he was making a huge mistake. He only lasted 1 term.

He was stealing a wage. He was being paid to do a job.

The constituents have to consent before their file can be handed over to the new member. Sounds like someone in his office punted as soon as the results were in.....well besides him. Since ours was a planned transition, we already had the consent letters ready to go on all pending cases as soon as the results were in and we knew whose name to put in the form letter and consent form. Most did agree. A few refused.

I pay attention, and it goes back to the Bush Administration, as well as the Trump administration. Your silo would not provide you with this information.
Hey, there are kick-ass silo homes I'll have you know. ;)

750K in 2011.....Shame it was in NY.

Nuclear Missile Silo-Turned-Luxury Home

1a891d2319ee359502ef7d0c2408b398w-c116796rd-w832_h468_r4_q80.webp

This seems a particularly egregious example of bad loser syndrome. His successor is a member of the same party.

Is this really the best use of your time?

A co-worker had a Silo House (think grain silo) and there was a shit-ton of wasted space. Furniture (at the time) was not designed for a round interior.

Sorta like the big one.

silo-homes.jpg

His wife hated it so much that she threatened divorce if he would not sell it and move. They moved.
It still stands but I see different vehicles there every few years. I guess they think "neat idea" till they live in it a while. ;)

There is a popular bar, especially with bikers cause it is in the middle of nowhere (always good for a destination visit when riding) called Psycho Silo, but I really don't think I'd like living in a metal yurt, it's cool, but the novelty would fade after a few years.

Lame duck Progs though are at their worst when they lose chambers of Congress in elections. They use the dead time until January to pass all the legislation they can. For the almighty party is their god.

Forum List

Back