Made tomato soup for the first time

TNHarley

Diamond Member
Sep 27, 2012
Decided to make tomato soup for the first time. I dont really care for soup but i always liked tomato soup with a good grilled cheese.
I did it a bit different. I roasted the tomatoes. I charred them on the stove, and then roasted them in the oven. Added some garlic, onion, sugar, balsamic vinegar, vegetable stock and cream.
Man, that shit was FIRE. The char and roasted flavors really came through.
If you like to make tomato soup, I suggest you try it this way.
I also made a grilled cheese with muenster and mozzarella with a nutty wheat bread. Pro tip : Use mayo instead of butter. Its gets crispier this way. The oils start coming out as soon as the bread hits the hot pan.

Attachments

• image000000 (00A).jpg
    image000000 (00A).jpg
    226.5 KB · Views: 5
Decided to make tomato soup for the first time. I dont really care for soup but i always liked tomato soup with a good grilled cheese.
I did it a bit different. I roasted the tomatoes. I charred them on the stove, and then roasted them in the oven. Added some garlic, onion, sugar, balsamic vinegar, vegetable stock and cream.
I also made a grilled cheese with muenster and mozzarella with a nutty wheat bread. Pro tip : Use mayo instead of butter. Its gets crispier this way. The oils start coming out as soon as the bread hits the hot pan.
Looks good. Thanks for sharing

Sounds great!

Now find me the woman to make it for me and I will be in Nirvana.

No offense.

And for the love of God, tell me you put pickle on the grilled cheese.

Sounds great!

Now find me the woman to make it for me and I will be in Nirvana.

No offense.

And for the love of God, tell me you put pickle on the grilled cheese.
I will make it for you. I mean, you arent a biologist, right?
WTF what kind of question is that? Of course I did.

Absolutely, that is the ONLY way to make tomato soup.
Now that you have done that... next time add a red onion to the pan and roast that also. Break it up first. I quarter the onion, then split it into 2 layer-wise again.
That adds some depth to it, and the sugars will help the acidity also.

Absolutely, that is the ONLY way to make tomato soup.
Now that you have done that... next time add a red onion to the pan and roast that also. Break it up first. I quarter the onion, then split it into 2 layer-wise again.
That adds some depth to it, and the sugars will help the acidity also.
I did :) I cooked them with the tomatoes on the eye, and in the oven.

Forum List

Back