Maddow Meltdown: In Defense To OAN Lawsuit, Host Argues Her Words Are Not Actually Facts

This is what the Division Pimps do: They take some kernel of truth and twist it to fit their agenda.

They focus on and expand on all information that supports their agenda, and avoid and distort all that does not.

Since they used a fact to begin with, their flocks extrapolate that out and believe the whole pile of crap.

The problem is that their flocks don't appear to realize this.

What causes this level of loyality among liberals? I mean is your post here really meant to bring up political division, while you sit there and type that anyone who doesn't share your views on topics are too stupid to understand? And you don't see that as division? Good grief!
he's Maddow of the middle...….

This is what the Division Pimps do: They take some kernel of truth and twist it to fit their agenda.

They focus on and expand on all information that supports their agenda, and avoid and distort all that does not.

Since they used a fact to begin with, their flocks extrapolate that out and believe the whole pile of crap.

What causes this level of loyality among liberals? I mean is your post here really meant to bring up political division, while you sit there and type that anyone who doesn't share your views on topics are too stupid to understand? And you don't see that as division? Good grief!
Guys, answer me this one:

When you listen to Sean or Rush, do you feel you're getting the whole story, unvarnished and accurate, honest pros & cons?

Or do you feel it's a little closer to what I describe?

Serious question, I'd appreciate a serious response.

Last edited:
Well, I have NEVER taken anything she says as truthful or remotely near Truthful.

Maddow Meltdown: In Defense To OAN Lawsuit, Host Argues Her Words Are Not Facts

Back in September, we reported that TV network OAN had filed a lawsuit against Rachel Maddow for the time the host said that OAN “really, literally is paid Russian propaganda.”

Now, Maddow finds herself having to come up with a defense for her statement in court. And she has also apparently hired Lionel Hutz as her legal adviser.

According to Culttture, her lawyers argued in a recent motion that "…the liberal host was clearly offering up her ‘own unique expression’ of her views to capture what she saw as the ‘ridiculous’ nature of the undisputed facts. Her comment, therefore, is a quintessential statement ‘of rhetorical hyperbole, incapable of being proved true or false."

Oh, it's capable of being proved false, alright. Maddow had previously claimed, on air, about one of OAN's reporters:

“In this case, the most obsequiously pro-Trump right wing news outlet in America is really literally is paid Russian propaganda,” and added, “Their on-air politics reporter (Kristian Rouz) is paid by the Russian government to produce propaganda for that government.”​
The testimony of UC Santa Barbara linguistics professor Stefan Thomas Gries, however, stands at odds with Maddow's defense. Gries said: “It is very unlikely that an average or reasonable/ordinary viewer would consider the sentence in question to be a statement of opinion.”...

OAN had filed the defamation suit in federal court in San Diego, according to AP. OAN is a small, family owned conservative network that is based in San Diego and has received favorable Tweets from the President. It is seen as a competitor to Fox News.

OAN's lawsuit claims that Maddow's comments were retaliation after OAN President Charles Herring accused Comcast of censorship. The suit said that Comcast refuses to carry its channel because “counters the liberal politics of Comcast’s own news channel, MSNBC.”

It was about a week after Herring e-mailed a Comcast executive when Maddow opened her show by referring to a Daily Beast report that claimed an OAN employee also worked for Sputnik News, which has ties to the Russian government.

Maddow said: “In this case, the most obsequiously pro-Trump right-wing news outlet in America really literally is paid Russian propaganda. Their on-air U.S. politics reporter is paid by the Russian government to produce propaganda for that government.”

idiot_1.png
That Madcow sure is one funny dude, isn't he?

When you listen to Sean or Rush, do you feel you're getting the whole story, unvarnished and accurate?

Do you listen if not where do you get your info on him....Maddow

I must admit to being rather surprised by Madcow's self-awareness, but I doubt it will last.

When you listen to Sean or Rush, do you feel you're getting the whole story, unvarnished and accurate?

No, no one I know that is conservative thinks that is the case. However, there are plenty of liberals out there that believe that the likes of Maddow, or Stelter, or even Jon Stewart were hard news people....

The problem with your discription is that it is crafted in a way that only applies to one political viewpoint, and that is one that you don't share....Now, if you were to, for example ask that question knowing that BOTH sides of the political spectrum these days are engaged in propaganda with their opinion shows, then I could agree possibly, but when you tilt it to apply only to those who's poltical opinions you disagree with, I think you should remember that when ever you point a finger, there are three more pointing at you.

I listen pretty much every day.

And I clearly pointed out that Maddow does the same thing.

Please answer my question.

Well if you listen you be able to deal in specifics instead of maddowing up the situation....

No, no one I know that is conservative thinks that is the case. However, there are plenty of liberals out there that believe that the likes of Maddow, or Stelter, or even Jon Stewart were hard news people....

The problem with your discription is that it is crafted in a way that only applies to one political viewpoint, and that is one that you don't share....Now, if you were to, for example ask that question knowing that BOTH sides of the political spectrum these days are engaged in propaganda with their opinion shows, then I could agree possibly, but when you tilt it to apply only to those who's poltical opinions you disagree with, I think you should remember that when ever you point a finger, there are three more pointing at you.
I didn't focus it on one side. I said "Division Pimps". That applies to both ends, and I point out the similarities between both ends regularly here.

Don't you think you could form and maintain better opinions if you didn't expose your thinking to those who are less than intellectually honest?

When you listen to Sean or Rush, do you feel you're getting the whole story, unvarnished and accurate, honest pros & cons?

Of course not. Maddow, Limbaugh and Hannity are all dudes trying to influence their listeners. If you think you are getting Walter Cronkite reporting from any of those men, you’re an idiot.

Well if you listen you be able to deal in specifics instead of maddowing up the situation....
I described specific behaviors and tactics practiced by both ends.

You're free to tell me where I'm wrong.

Of course not. Maddow, Limbaugh and Hannity are all dudes trying to influence their listeners. If you think you are getting Walter Cronkite reporting from any of those men, you’re an idiot.
Tell that to their flocks.

Walter wasn't without agenda....ooooops

You deal in broad brush.....Never claimed to have all the answers and neither has Rush......

I have a wide varity of political talk I listen to....Not that I have to justify it to you, but, generally I flip around throughout the day from Fox News, to CNN, to POTUS (SiriusXM), to Progressive (SiriusXM), Patriot (SiriusXM), DemocracyNOW....As far as Television/Radio talk shows, I like Levin, and Tucker for entertainment, while shows on MSNBC, and CNN are just plain unwatchable....I also read a wide varity of outlets articles...

I believe I have to hear both sides of the spectrum....Can you say the same?

You deal in broad brush.....Never claimed to have all the answers and neither has Rush......
want to try some specifics now instead of broadbrush maddow

You guys aren't going to give me a straight answer.

Fortunately, I wasn't expecting one.

I get that from both ends, too.

Tell that to their flocks.

Exactly

You guys aren't going to give me a straight answer.

Fortunately, I wasn't expecting one.

I get that from both ends, too.
Funny how you like the broadbrush …..what a joke you are

No, I have no intrest in going on your quote snipe hunt....I'll take your word for it and pay more attention from here on out....

Forum List

Back