Madden 2007 :)

dmp

Reaction score
If I call in sick tomorrow, y'all will know why...

I'll pick up my copy of M2k7 tonight after work! :D

yay!!

Y'all don't know HOW long I've been waiting for a Football game where the Seahawks are 'good'. No more (not much more) of having to edit all the Seahawks players JUST to get them competitive. :)

The ClayTaurus

Reaction score
If I call in sick tomorrow, y'all will know why...

I'll pick up my copy of M2k7 tonight after work! :D

yay!!

Y'all don't know HOW long I've been waiting for a Football game where the Seahawks are 'good'. No more (not much more) of having to edit all the Seahawks players JUST to get them competitive. :)
Having a shitty team is the most fun! Trying to make it through the first season or two and drafting good players later on to turn into a dynasty.

OP
dmp

dmp

Reaction score
Having a shitty team is the most fun! Trying to make it through the first season or two and drafting good players later on to turn into a dynasty.

I can't stand losing. I'm looking forward to getting a Good seaChickens team; trading Alexander for Tiki Barber or L.T., then taking over the free world. :D

The ClayTaurus

Reaction score
I can't stand losing. I'm looking forward to getting a Good seaChickens team; trading Alexander for Tiki Barber or L.T., then taking over the free world. :D
Oh you're one of THOSE lamers who unrealistically stacks their teams. :poke:

It's ok, it makes it so much easier to crush you in head 2 head play :)

misterblu

Reaction score
You both need to get your pasty selves outside and enjoy the real world. :poke:

:D

OP
dmp

dmp

Reaction score
Oh you're one of THOSE lamers who unrealistically stacks their teams. :poke:

It's ok, it makes it so much easier to crush you in head 2 head play :)

No - I change them to reflect reality. :) When ESPN 2k5 had Hasselbeck as a 80-something rated QB, Mack Strong as a low 80s FB, etc, things HAVE to change.

:)

The ClayTaurus

Reaction score
No - I change them to reflect reality. :) When ESPN 2k5 had Hasselbeck as a 80-something rated QB, Mack Strong as a low 80s FB, etc, things HAVE to change.

Those seem pretty realistic to me :poke:

You realize I only talk shit because I have the Lions. I have to find some badge of honor in them. :poop:

The ClayTaurus

Reaction score

What do you change their ratings to, btw?

OP
dmp

dmp

Reaction score
What do you change their ratings to, btw?
Hasselbeck: I make him about a 90-rated Accuracy, add agility, Leadership into the mid/high 90s, and make his arm-strength in the mid 70s. Over-all, he's low 90s player, IMO.

Mack Strong? 95-rated Fullback. Run-blocking into the 90s...pass-blocking into the high 80s. 80-rated catching.

So any predictions for your "SWEET" qb this year? Or just your team in general?
I predict the hawks will win 10 games. #8 will compete for league MVP.

OP
dmp

dmp

Reaction score
are not the sea chickens in the NFC worst?
Not this year... :) Have you seen the Cardinals roster lately? 49s? eh? yeah...they suck. But the Rams are always in the mix. IF they are a sure-to-win-against team, at least they are a tough win - Id Est, they don't often GIVE games away.

OP
dmp

dmp

Reaction score
So....

I got home from the stoh about 5pm last night. Greeted the family - when I pulled upto the house, the front door was wide-open.

"odd" I thought.

I step in, and reach to close the door.

"BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" Shouts my son, who was hiding behind the door.

And it was a BOOOOOO which went uncomfortably LONG. He must have boo'd his poor heart out - AT the top of his lungs. I started laughing...He started laughing...and my daughter (who was hiding with him) started laughing. :) Twas cute.

Anywho, I greet the wifey, and go to the kitchen for a bowl of chilli-mac (Alton Brown's Recipe! Yum!).

Upstairs while chatting on the phone w/ -Cp, I wasnt watching where I was going.

CRACK!!

I kicked the baseboard of the bed in the Xbox room, breaking my 2nd to last toe on my left foot.

Duane wisely let me get off the phone as I attempted to KEEP from shouting every profanity in the book.

Mary brought up an ice pack, and I settled in for the game.

I started w/ a practice (Praaa-tiss...wee talkin' 'bout praaatiss...)game of teh Hawks vs. 49'ers.

Previously, I'd been playing NFL 2k5 from ESPN. One aspect I'd missed was the 'sprint' button. On Madden it's 'push A and hold', whereas on ESPN it's ''tap that sommbitch'. GENERALLY i'd rather 'tap dat' than just 'hold dat', but talking about video games the reverse is true. At half time I quit the game and started "SuperStar - Road to the Hall of Fame" mode.

I created Ethan Pemberton, a 6'3", 260lbs Fullback. During the tryouts I got him to a 90-rated speed, and 89-rated break tackle.

At the draft I was taken as the 1st pick in the 3rd round by who?

HEWWW-STON TEXXXXXINS!!!!

I should have named my player 5StringJeff.

Blocking was pretty hard, actually - at least until I got sorta used to it. Still, was not as fun as running so I manipulated the depth chart to be the #1 HB.

My first pre-season games I had 205 yards and 2 TDs. :)

Save.

Franchise Mode.

HOLY LORD!!! The seahawks ratings are....MOSTLY CORRECT!! One problem I have: they rated the 'hawk's starting right tackle (sean locklear) as a 67 or was that 69? either way, MUCH too low. Yes, THAT Sean Locklear - who started most every game last year, comprising perhaps the most dominate line in recent history. :( I might go back and bump that up to a solid 80 eventually.

I'm still getting used to the buttons - I don't like having to use the white and black buttons for receivers - they just are a bit awkward.

All told, I'd say the game is a solid 9 out of 10. I was a bit put off by hearing the SAME Madden one-liners as in Madden 06 - New soundbites, please! :)

theHawk

Registered Conservative
Reaction score
So is T.O. on the Cowboys?

And is this game made for PS2 as well?

OP
dmp

dmp

Reaction score
So is T.O. on the Cowboys?

And is this game made for PS2 as well?
Yes - TO is a cowboy, iirc - course, Tom Rouen is still the punter for the seahawks...if that matters.

Yup - available on PS2 as well.

The ClayTaurus

Reaction score
united states the best country on earth !
you are a dreamer:sleepy1: :sleepy1:
Smells like instaban to me.

Like Phil Collins, I can feel it in the air. Faintly, in the distance, in a soft, fluttering falsetto:

"Duuuuuuuuplicaaaaattttttteeeeeee aaaaaaaccccccccoooooooooouuunnnnnnntttttttt!!!!!"

• Thanks
Reactions: CSM

CSM

Reaction score
Smells like instaban to me.

Like Phil Collins, I can feel it in the air. Faintly, in the distance, in a soft, fluttering falsetto:

"Duuuuuuuuplicaaaaattttttteeeeeee aaaaaaaccccccccoooooooooouuunnnnnnntttttttt!!!!!"
Ya think?

New Topics

Most reactions - Past 7 days

Forum List