Madden 2007 :)

dmp

May 12, 2004
Enterprise, Alabama
If I call in sick tomorrow, y'all will know why...

I'll pick up my copy of M2k7 tonight after work! :D

yay!!

Y'all don't know HOW long I've been waiting for a Football game where the Seahawks are 'good'. No more (not much more) of having to edit all the Seahawks players JUST to get them competitive. :)

If I call in sick tomorrow, y'all will know why...

I'll pick up my copy of M2k7 tonight after work! :D

yay!!

Y'all don't know HOW long I've been waiting for a Football game where the Seahawks are 'good'. No more (not much more) of having to edit all the Seahawks players JUST to get them competitive. :)
Having a shitty team is the most fun! Trying to make it through the first season or two and drafting good players later on to turn into a dynasty.

Having a shitty team is the most fun! Trying to make it through the first season or two and drafting good players later on to turn into a dynasty.

I can't stand losing. I'm looking forward to getting a Good seaChickens team; trading Alexander for Tiki Barber or L.T., then taking over the free world. :D

I can't stand losing. I'm looking forward to getting a Good seaChickens team; trading Alexander for Tiki Barber or L.T., then taking over the free world. :D
Oh you're one of THOSE lamers who unrealistically stacks their teams. :poke:

It's ok, it makes it so much easier to crush you in head 2 head play :)

Oh you're one of THOSE lamers who unrealistically stacks their teams. :poke:

It's ok, it makes it so much easier to crush you in head 2 head play :)

No - I change them to reflect reality. :) When ESPN 2k5 had Hasselbeck as a 80-something rated QB, Mack Strong as a low 80s FB, etc, things HAVE to change.

:)

No - I change them to reflect reality. :) When ESPN 2k5 had Hasselbeck as a 80-something rated QB, Mack Strong as a low 80s FB, etc, things HAVE to change.

Those seem pretty realistic to me :poke:

You realize I only talk shit because I have the Lions. I have to find some badge of honor in them. :poop:

What do you change their ratings to, btw?

Hasselbeck: I make him about a 90-rated Accuracy, add agility, Leadership into the mid/high 90s, and make his arm-strength in the mid 70s. Over-all, he's low 90s player, IMO.

Mack Strong? 95-rated Fullback. Run-blocking into the 90s...pass-blocking into the high 80s. 80-rated catching.

So any predictions for your "SWEET" qb this year? Or just your team in general?

I predict the hawks will win 10 games. #8 will compete for league MVP.

are not the sea chickens in the NFC worst?

Not this year... :) Have you seen the Cardinals roster lately? 49s? eh? yeah...they suck. But the Rams are always in the mix. IF they are a sure-to-win-against team, at least they are a tough win - Id Est, they don't often GIVE games away.

So....

I got home from the stoh about 5pm last night. Greeted the family - when I pulled upto the house, the front door was wide-open.

"odd" I thought.

I step in, and reach to close the door.

"BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" Shouts my son, who was hiding behind the door.

And it was a BOOOOOO which went uncomfortably LONG. He must have boo'd his poor heart out - AT the top of his lungs. I started laughing...He started laughing...and my daughter (who was hiding with him) started laughing. :) Twas cute.

Anywho, I greet the wifey, and go to the kitchen for a bowl of chilli-mac (Alton Brown's Recipe! Yum!).

Upstairs while chatting on the phone w/ -Cp, I wasnt watching where I was going.

CRACK!!

I kicked the baseboard of the bed in the Xbox room, breaking my 2nd to last toe on my left foot.

Duane wisely let me get off the phone as I attempted to KEEP from shouting every profanity in the book.

Mary brought up an ice pack, and I settled in for the game.

I started w/ a practice (Praaa-tiss...wee talkin' 'bout praaatiss...)game of teh Hawks vs. 49'ers.

Previously, I'd been playing NFL 2k5 from ESPN. One aspect I'd missed was the 'sprint' button. On Madden it's 'push A and hold', whereas on ESPN it's ''tap that sommbitch'. GENERALLY i'd rather 'tap dat' than just 'hold dat', but talking about video games the reverse is true. At half time I quit the game and started "SuperStar - Road to the Hall of Fame" mode.

I created Ethan Pemberton, a 6'3", 260lbs Fullback. During the tryouts I got him to a 90-rated speed, and 89-rated break tackle.

At the draft I was taken as the 1st pick in the 3rd round by who?

HEWWW-STON TEXXXXXINS!!!!

I should have named my player 5StringJeff.

Blocking was pretty hard, actually - at least until I got sorta used to it. Still, was not as fun as running so I manipulated the depth chart to be the #1 HB.

My first pre-season games I had 205 yards and 2 TDs. :)

Save.

Franchise Mode.

HOLY LORD!!! The seahawks ratings are....MOSTLY CORRECT!! One problem I have: they rated the 'hawk's starting right tackle (sean locklear) as a 67 or was that 69? either way, MUCH too low. Yes, THAT Sean Locklear - who started most every game last year, comprising perhaps the most dominate line in recent history. :( I might go back and bump that up to a solid 80 eventually.

I'm still getting used to the buttons - I don't like having to use the white and black buttons for receivers - they just are a bit awkward.

All told, I'd say the game is a solid 9 out of 10. I was a bit put off by hearing the SAME Madden one-liners as in Madden 06 - New soundbites, please! :)

united states the best country on earth !
you are a dreamer:sleepy1: :sleepy1:
Smells like instaban to me.

Like Phil Collins, I can feel it in the air. Faintly, in the distance, in a soft, fluttering falsetto:

"Duuuuuuuuplicaaaaattttttteeeeeee aaaaaaaccccccccoooooooooouuunnnnnnntttttttt!!!!!"

• Thanks
Reactions: CSM

Forum List

Back