Machette or hatchet?

Missourian

Diamond Member
Aug 30, 2008
Missouri
I've always been a hatchet guy...but I now find the machette more useful. With a 12 inch saw I can knock out tools in half the time. Needed a quick wooden mallet...had it done in 10 minutes.

What are your thoughts. Hatchet or machette?

Horsemans axe with a 6 inch armor piercing spike (yes I have one...and it looks exactly like this).

Horsemansaxt1.jpg

I've always been a hatchet guy...but I now find the machette more useful. With a 12 inch saw I can knock out tools in half the time. Needed a quick wooden mallet...had it done in 10 minutes.

For gardening purpose only I recommend this. My rose bushes never knew what hit them.

httpsimages.salsify.comimageuploads--q_syytfq--c_padw_1840h_824fl_clip.png8vdh4zdllgj8ousrnoynz.png

For what purpose? If chopping off arms and legs and the occasional headI'd go with the machete every day and twice on Sunday's.

View attachment 352283

This on my list, but I have trouble spending $150 on a camp axe.

You and me both.
I have this Estwing,it's a good all around size at 26" long for camping and the thing is pretty much indestructible.....for $60 bucks .
Shorter than an axe and longer than a hatchet.
View attachment 352357
Now that is pretty nice there.
It is, ain't it?
I like it but it ain't cheap.

View attachment 352283

You and me both.
I have this Estwing,it's a good all around size at 26" long for camping and the thing is pretty much indestructible.....for $60 bucks .
View attachment 352357
It is, ain't it?

$60 bucks is pretty cheap for a decent axe/hatchet combo.
The balance on it is great!! I would have preferred a little more weight on the axe head though.

And at less than half of the Welko it's a bargain.

I still have the Iconic Estwing Sports men series I bought when I was around 15 forty years ago.
Need to replace all the leather rings that form the grip but other than that it's still good to go.
1592607778782.png

View attachment 352283

You and me both.
View attachment 352357
It is, ain't it?

$60 bucks is pretty cheap for a decent axe/hatchet combo.
The balance on it is great!! I would have preferred a little more weight on the axe head though.

And at less than half of the Welko it's a bargain.
Sorry, I was talking about the helko

Forum List

Back