Machette or hatchet?

31-r92Dv%2BYL._SL500_AC_SS350_.jpg

Works very well on snakes. ;)

Got one. Call it "dragon slayer. Hatchet or machette? Both

It depends on my situation. Now, if I have to chase a mother fucker around, fight and all that then I want a machete done up razor sharp so it doesn't stick in my target on every swing. I want to be able to slash to. Now, if my guy is mellow and restrained I want the axe forn hopping through bone and stuff. A small saw would be helpful to.

I've always been a hatchet guy...but I now find the machette more useful. With a 12 inch saw I can knock out tools in half the time. Needed a quick wooden mallet...had it done in 10 minutes.

What are your thoughts. Hatchet or machette?

For gardening purpose only I recommend this. My rose bushes never knew what hit them.

View attachment 351987
Hmm, I may go try my machete on the rose bush.

I've always been a hatchet guy...but I now find the machette more useful. With a 12 inch saw I can knock out tools in half the time. Needed a quick wooden mallet...had it done in 10 minutes.

For gardening purpose only I recommend this. My rose bushes never knew what hit them.

View attachment 351987

What I find nice about machetes is how good they cut even when they are dull as hell. Don't suprise me they are good for doing roses and all that.

View attachment 351987

What I find nice about machetes is how good they cut even when they are dull as hell. Don't suprise me they are good for doing roses and all that.
Edge is kinda dull, didn't work super-great on the woody parts. May do better with a fresh edge.

View attachment 351987

Edge is kinda dull, didn't work super-great on the woody parts. May do better with a fresh edge.

I know it will. Give it three licks on either side with a shitty file and try again. The only thing I don't like about the machete is it tends to stick in harder thicker stuff. The one I have is a 12 inch tramontina I got on fleabay. Perfect for chores and has a workable handle.

View attachment 351987

Yeah....I've always found the machete to be pretty useless on springy thin vegetation unless it razor sharp.

Are you the new “ Ice Man “ ???

31-r92Dv%2BYL._SL500_AC_SS350_.jpg

Works very well on snakes. ;)
Got one. Call it "dragon slayer. Hatchet or machette? Both

True machetes come with wood handle. I tried the ones with plastic handle and you can sharp them and won't last long, the work will be harder.

The one I brought from the farm, that machete cuts easily 3/4" diameter tree branches like pieces of thin cardboard. You hit harder and very fast and can cut tree branches greater than 2" the first try. I call it "the Cholo Machete" because a similar one is used by Latino gangs in the movies when killing people cutting them in half from head down, lol...

It is very useful for opening clearance on your way when you go to the mountains or forest.

Forum List

Back