Mach E Idled For 12 Hours in Sub Freezing Test

Still don't want one. Besides, my old Town & Country with a full 20-gallon tank, getting an average of 19 mpg, has twice the range of that Mach E. And it'll hold a hell of a lot more cargo.

Still don't want one. Besides, my old Town & Country with a full 20-gallon tank, getting an average of 19 mpg, has twice the range of that Mach E. And it'll hold a hell of a lot more cargo.
My hybrid Highlander gets 27mpg and has tons of room.

1642901551692.png

Range is and will be the major stumbling block for awhile. 200 miles simply is nowhere near long enough without the infrastructure or even the technology for charging that is as fast as a visit to the gas station.

I need to travel 4500 miles in 3 1500 mile segments once each year. An electric car flatly cannot meet that need and the frank reality is that most people do something like this at generally regular intervals.

Its a $60,000 car

:oops8:

The majority........by far............cant afford them.

One thing that you find invariably with the EV Cheerleaders: costs never matter. But to the vast majority, costs matter.

Nice, the guy proved you would be safe in a brand new prototype not available ever to the public in your driveway.

Try that in a two year old Tesla, stranded in temperatures below zero, for 12 hours, in a place where you will not be able to walk into the house to pee and get a cup of coffee.

Forum List

Back