Lyrics You Had Wrong For Years

ActionJackson

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Mar 31, 2023
Utah
Like many ... I've been a fan of music for years. My favorite genre is classic rock but I listen to just about anything with good lyrics and melody. Old country, blues, pop, southern rock, folk, etc.

Anyway, there are a few songs that I've sung incorrectly for most of my life. Here's an example:

Elton John's -- Bennie And The Jets:

What I heard: "... she's got electric boobs, her mom has two, you know I read it in a magazine ..."
What EJ is saying: "... she's got electric boots, a mohair suit, you know I read it in a magazine ..."

I have lots more where that came from. Hahahaha

After spending a month in Northern England, I ADORE Peter Kay!

I wish I could find a video of his bit about the stereotypical Northern English wedding reception. I got to attend a wedding do while I was there and my hosts learned how much I liked that bit and acted it out all evening long! One of my best memories!

Last edited:
You know that line from Archie’s theme song “gee our old LaSalle ram great?” Listen to how they enunciate those words. That’s because millions of fans wrote in during an earlier version that they couldn’t make the phrase out.

Last edited:
"Play that Funky Music" by Wild Cherry. For years I thought it was "play that fucking music", which would actually make more sense.

Wild Cherry was a Ohio based group, and in Ohio, "Fucking" is the all-purpose adjective that fits in better.
Actually, they do sing Fucking
When questioned, they said…We said Funky

Like many ... I've been a fan of music for years. My favorite genre is classic rock but I listen to just about anything with good lyrics and melody. Old country, blues, pop, southern rock, folk, etc.

Anyway, there are a few songs that I've sung incorrectly for most of my life. Here's an example:

Elton John's -- Bennie And The Jets:

What I heard: "... she's got electric boobs, her mom has two, you know I read it in a magazine ..."
What EJ is saying: "... she's got electric boots, a mohair suit, you know I read it in a magazine ..."

I have lots more where that came from. Hahahaha
Don't you know you are scaring all the loons?

When country legend Patty Loveless sings, "You made a bad mistake!" during her song named "Blame It On Your Heart", I used to think that she was saying "You made a bad mustang!"

God bless you and Patty always!!!

Holly (one of her many fans and age 11 when the song was released)

Forum List

Back