Wes Montgomery Bio

katsteve2012

Platinum Member
Staff member
Nov 25, 2012
California
For those who are interested in the evolution of jazz guitar, this long awaited documentary about Wes Montgomery, may prove to be interesting.

He passed away at 45 years of age, yet made a significant contribution to the jazz guitar genre.

I went to this link, and it said, the documentary, is, "expired."

1682109480115.png

It said it expired on the 26th last month, I couldn't view it from my location.

I did go to this site, and they had something, but it wasn't an hour and 27 minutes, so, not sure it is the same thing.

1682109759180.png

:eusa_think:

Very odd. . . .

Maybe you have to donate to PBS to see the, "exclusive cut?" :dunno:

I went to this link, and it said, the documentary, is, "expired."

View attachment 778350

It said it expired on the 26th last month, I couldn't view it from my location.

I did go to this site, and they had something, but it wasn't an hour and 27 minutes, so, not sure it is the same thing.

View attachment 778353

I'll check it out and try to post a new link.

That is odc.
:eusa_think:

Very odd. . . .

In the meantime, while I figure this out, this footage is just as good. Oddly, I went back to the last link, and was able to view it.

I just finished the 56 min one. It was terrific!

It had interviews with one of his daughters, his wife, a rare interview of him with a Wayne State University Professor, on how his technique might be better, not having had formal training, interviews with folks that played with him and Grammy winners.

This video looks to be footage of the time he played with Lionel Hampton and his Orchestra at age 20 or 24? I didn't pay real close attention. . . guilty. I like to do multiple things at once. lol

(16:30 minute mark on that second link I posted.)

It was a really, really good documentary. This YouTube video, when I scan it, looks to be just a set (Awesome though!) Still good, but I will listen to it while I am doing other things.

I just finished the 56 min one. It was terrific!

It had interviews with one of his daughters, his wife, a rare interview of him with a Wayne State University Professor, on how his technique might be better, not having had formal training, interviews with folks that played with him and Grammy winners.

This video looks to be footage of the time he played with Lionel Hampton and his Orchestra at age 20 or 24? I didn't pay real close attention. . . guilty. I like to do multiple things at once. lol

(16:30 minute mark on that second link I posted.)

It was a really, really good documentary. This YouTube video, when I scan it, looks to be just a set (Awesome though!) Still good, but I will listen to it while I am doing other things.
Glad you enjoyed it. The youtube video is primarily archive concert footage, but there is some really good stuff in it.

Forum List

Back