Lynching in America: Confronting the Legacy of Racial Terror

The lynchings were done by Democrats. And like you said, it wasn't that long ago.

Maybe they were dems but they were definitely white

They were dems.

--- Link?

giggle.gif

Look it up. My question would be what difference does it make?

Addressing problems is effective when the problems exist.

{Thomas Shipp and Abram Smith, both African Americans, were lynched on August 7, 1930, in Marion, Indiana. They had been arrested the night before on charges of robbing and murdering a white factory worker and raping his girlfriend. A large crowd broke into the jail with sledgehammers, beat the men, and hanged them. Police officers in the crowd cooperated in the lynching. A third person, 16-year-old James Cameron, escaped lynching due to the intervention of an unidentified member of the crowd who announced that Cameron had nothing to do with the rape or murder.[40] A studio photographer, Lawrence Beitler, took a photograph of the dead bodies hanging from a tree surrounded by a large crowd; thousands of copies of the photograph were sold. The event is notable as the last confirmed lynching of blacks in the Northern United States.[41][42]}
Lynching - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Look, you're a racist pile of shit, you seek to spread hatred and violence. You and ShitsSpeedos are probably the same idiot.

But in case anyone is sucked in by the racial hatred that you and Pogo are preaching, it's good to look at the actual facts.
Who said anything about addressing problems? We are addressing facts.Your facts apparently have trouble actually being true. The last lynching was in 1981 you idiot. Did you think I didnt already know this?
laugh.gif

Michael Donald - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

"Michael Donald (July 24, 1961 – March 21, 1981) was a young African American man who was murdered by two Ku Klux Klan members in Mobile, Alabama, in 1981. The murder is sometimes referred to as the last recorded lynching in the United States.[1][2]"

That kinda ignores James Byrd cited earlier (1998).
And I only picked that one because it was a big story and didn't need to be researched.

The lynchings were done by Democrats. And like you said, it wasn't that long ago.

They were dems.

--- Link?

giggle.gif
Everybody in the south in the 1930s were dems. They didn't *change* until after the lynchings were decried by the rest of the country.

Typical two faced dems. Then they went to work destroying OUR party.

When was the last confirmed lynching of a black person by a racial hate group?

I dunno, you tell me.

Then tell me what that has to do with them being white people

That justifies your racism, you believe.

Then again..there's this that could justify anti-black racism, too:

Can we play a game where I tell you my opinions and you tell me yours? 1. because you're a bad guesser and 2. because you really enjoy pointing out the bad logic in the bad guesses

I'm employing your logic, racist. And you're still losing.

{Thomas Shipp and Abram Smith, both African Americans, were lynched on August 7, 1930, in Marion, Indiana. They had been arrested the night before on charges of robbing and murdering a white factory worker and raping his girlfriend. A large crowd broke into the jail with sledgehammers, beat the men, and hanged them. Police officers in the crowd cooperated in the lynching. A third person, 16-year-old James Cameron, escaped lynching due to the intervention of an unidentified member of the crowd who announced that Cameron had nothing to do with the rape or murder.[40] A studio photographer, Lawrence Beitler, took a photograph of the dead bodies hanging from a tree surrounded by a large crowd; thousands of copies of the photograph were sold. The event is notable as the last confirmed lynching of blacks in the Northern United States.[41][42]}

Look, you're a racist pile of shit, you seek to spread hatred and violence. You and ShitsSpeedos are probably the same idiot.

But in case anyone is sucked in by the racial hatred that you and Pogo are preaching, it's good to look at the actual facts.

How in the world could you believe the last lynching was in 1930? Thats that bubble you live in brah

How in the world could you believe the last lynching was in 1930? Thats that bubble you live in brah

"From 1882 to 1968, "...nearly 200 anti-lynching bills were introduced in Congress, and three passed the House. Seven presidents between 1890 and 1952 petitioned Congress to pass a federal law."[7] No bill was approved by the Senate because of the powerful opposition of the Southern Democratic voting bloc.[7]"
Go figure. The Dems blocked it.

Lynching in the United States - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Who said anything about addressing problems? We are addressing facts.Your facts apparently have trouble actually being true. The last lynching was in 1981 you idiot. Did you think I didnt already know this?
laugh.gif

"Michael Donald (July 24, 1961 – March 21, 1981) was a young African American man who was murdered by two Ku Klux Klan members in Mobile, Alabama, in 1981. The murder is sometimes referred to as the last recorded lynching in the United States.[1][2]"

That kinda ignores James Byrd cited earlier (1998).
And I only picked that one because it was a big story and didn't need to be researched.
I knew that Uncensored would say "nuh uh" because he wasn't hung from an elevated position. You know how picky these racists are when they try to pretend that their friends are no longer lynching people.

When was the last confirmed lynching of a black person by a racial hate group?

I dunno, you tell me.

Then tell me what that has to do with them being white people

That justifies your racism, you believe.

Then again..there's this that could justify anti-black racism, too:

Can we play a game where I tell you my opinions and you tell me yours? 1. because you're a bad guesser and 2. because you really enjoy pointing out the bad logic in the bad guesses

I'm employing your logic, racist. And you're still losing.

Again, can I state my side and you state your side or no?

Nigerian University Students Lynched To Death By Angry Mob - Graphic Video - GhanaNation.com
The long and short..America briefly engaged in lynching, then abandoned the practice as our Christian citizens shamed those who perpetrated it on others..even when it was legal.

But TODAY lynching is a HUGE issue abroad...and it's almost entirely black upon black.

"Briefly"?? :disbelief:
The study in my OP documented a period of over 70 years, and that didn't cover it all.
Why are you trying to sweep this under the rug?

Because it no longer takes place, except in other countries..and it's almost 100 percent black (or ethnically non-white) on black.

Why don't you focus on something that matters?

Translation:

:lalala:

He's a fucking idiot racist. Thats how.

laugh.gif

Murder happens every day, Klansman.

Racially motivated murder happens far too frequently (though you probably hope for more black on white murder.)

But murder isn't lynching, Klansman - and the fact that you fuckwads attempt to present it as such is yet another reason that you have no credibility.

"
In 1981, two KKK members in Alabama randomly selected a 19-year-old black man, Michael Donald, and murdered him, to retaliate for a jury's acquittal of a black man accused of murdering a police officer. The Klansmen were caught, prosecuted, and convicted. A $7 million judgment in a civil suit against the Klan bankrupted the local subgroup, the United Klans of America.[66]
In 1998, Shawn Allen Berry, Lawrence Russel Brewer, and ex-convict John William King murdered James Byrd, Jr. in Jasper, Texas. Byrd was a 49-year-old father of three, who had accepted an early-morning ride home with the three men. They attacked him and dragged him to his death behind their truck.[67] The three men dumped their victim's mutilated remains in the town's segregated African American cemetery and then went to a barbecue.[68] Local authorities immediately treated the murder as a hate crime and requested FBI assistance. The murderers (two of whom turned out to be members of a white supremacist prison gang) were caught and stood trial. Brewer and King were sentenced to death; Berry was sentenced to life in prison."

So it looks like the couple of lynchings that have occurred in the last 50 years were RIGOROUSLY prosecuted and the perpetrators VIGOROUSLY penalized.

So where's the problem? I get the feeling pogo and schlep are trying to convince us that it's okay for blacks to lynch whites because whites have been convicted in the DISTANT past of lynching blacks.

Is that about it?

You really wanna plant your flag on that?

I'll just repeat from the OP, and I'm sure we've all heard it before...
"those who ignore their own history are condemned to repeat it".

Knowing where you've been also elucidates where you are right now.
Now why would we want to know where we are right now? I can't imagine, can you?

It's not a matter of ignoring it. I just think everyone is tired of constantly having their faces washed with it.

Talk about something relevant to today rather than reopening old wounds!!!!

Do you actually need help finding the "Current Events" forum? Is that it?
If I had intended to mischaracterize this as 'current event', I would have put it there, and then your whining would have been valid.

But I didn't. It's in "Racism".

Perhaps you should complain to the Mod Squad that this forum exists and get it removed so we can all pretend there's no such history. Sound like a plan?

This is the history. Again, this IS the history. It DID happen. And as the study shows it's still being uncovered. Personally I'm on the side of uncovering it. You?

Of course this is only the history that matters to you. Who cares that whites hid runaway slaves and got lynched for their troubles, or that Republicans saw what the Democrats were doing in the South and put a stop to it. All of that doesn't matter a damn. Let's all just flog ourselves for the cruelty of yesterday and forget about the violence going on today.

Nobody brought up "flogging ourselves" or any other emotional meltdown. RGS keeps bringing up "shame" but that's his thing too. Me, I'm just recounting history. History that isn't well known. The more y'all try to bury it, the more it's gonna bubble up to the surface. Simply because that's where it needs to be.

You react however you like, but the fact of its existence is not changing. It's done.
We were taught this stuff in fucken grade school and high school. There is no threat of it happening again, so what's the God damned point?

Why does the Truth scare you?
You wanna bury your head in the sand about history, fine. Go do it. Who the fuck is forcing you to read this thread?

Of course this is only the history that matters to you. Who cares that whites hid runaway slaves and got lynched for their troubles, or that Republicans saw what the Democrats were doing in the South and put a stop to it. All of that doesn't matter a damn. Let's all just flog ourselves for the cruelty of yesterday and forget about the violence going on today.

Nobody brought up "flogging ourselves" or any other emotional meltdown. RGS keeps bringing up "shame" but that's his thing too. Me, I'm just recounting history. History that isn't well known. The more y'all try to bury it, the more it's gonna bubble up to the surface. Simply because that's where it needs to be.

You react however you like, but the fact of its existence is not changing. It's done.
We were taught this stuff in fucken grade school and high school. There is no threat of it happening again, so what's the God damned point?
Read the OP so you can figure out the point. If you dont like it stop reading the thread.
Jamie Foxx said the reason he liked acting in Dejango was because it gave him a chance to kill white people. Imagine if Clinton Eastwood were to go around saying his movies gave him a chance to shoot *******.

This fucken shit needs to stop, because none of it had anything to do with us.
The thread has nothing to do with what Jamie Foxx or Clint eastwood said.
No shit Einstein!!!

I just pointed out a double-standard in play today. One that can result in repercussions, yet you want to talk about lynching in the 1800s.

The result of all of this dredging for bad blood of our past is violence in the streets today. Yesterday a bunch of kids invaded a screening of 50 Shades Of Gray in a movie theater and started harassing viewers, just because they felt like it. Nothing good can come from rubbing shit in people's faces!! That's why they make axe handles and clubs. And when somebody retaliats you Dicks will be the first ones pointing fingers.

So..lynchings would have been stopped much, much earlier, except Democrats didn't want to pass the laws that made them illegal and punishable.

And now Dems are pretending that today's Christian Republicans are *still* a big lynching risk.

Otay!

otay1mx.jpg

laugh.gif

Murder happens every day, Klansman.

Racially motivated murder happens far too frequently (though you probably hope for more black on white murder.)

But murder isn't lynching, Klansman - and the fact that you fuckwads attempt to present it as such is yet another reason that you have no credibility.
You said all that but you missed the point he was lynched by your buddies the Klan. Its a historical fact and the reason we need more threads like this to educate you backwoods racist white hicks. What a dummy you are.
laugh.gif

It's not a matter of ignoring it. I just think everyone is tired of constantly having their faces washed with it.

Talk about something relevant to today rather than reopening old wounds!!!!

Do you actually need help finding the "Current Events" forum? Is that it?
If I had intended to mischaracterize this as 'current event', I would have put it there, and then your whining would have been valid.

But I didn't. It's in "Racism".

Perhaps you should complain to the Mod Squad that this forum exists and get it removed so we can all pretend there's no such history. Sound like a plan?

This is the history. Again, this IS the history. It DID happen. And as the study shows it's still being uncovered. Personally I'm on the side of uncovering it. You?

This is how these guys avoid dealing with today's issues.

Read what the fuck the forum is called.
What would you prefer in a Racism forum? Strawberry shortcake recipes?
Ain't gonna happen.

"From 1882 to 1968, "...nearly 200 anti-lynching bills were introduced in Congress, and three passed the House. Seven presidents between 1890 and 1952 petitioned Congress to pass a federal law."[7] No bill was approved by the Senate because of the powerful opposition of the Southern Democratic voting bloc.[7]"
Go figure. The Dems blocked it.

Were they white? Also I missed the part that shows that the Republicans all voted for it

Forum List

Back