Lynching in America: Confronting the Legacy of Racial Terror

This is supposedly about terrorism, right? Then why no talk about the terrorism that black gangs in inner cities exercise over their black neighbors? Mor blacks are murdered in a year by other black terrorists then were killed in one hundred years by the KKK and other white groups. And you don't want to talk about that. The terrorism of blacks is going on right NOW and you want to talk about something that ended in 1950? You specifically want to attack whites for actions that have not occurred in over 60 years. While ignoring the actions by blacks. I would say you have a racist agenda.

I "have a racist agenda" because the history of 1877 to 1950 ends in 1950?

Fuck your stupidity.

And learn what "terrorism" means. Terrorism is a show of violence done publicly for the purpose of coercion and/or intimidation. Simple murder is not terrorism. The whole idea of terrorism is to instill terror (DUH) in the population who survive it. It's when you chop the head off the enemy -- and then plant the head in the town square. Or leave the corpse swinging from a rope. The whole point of terrorism is that it has an audience.

THAT sir is what this thread is about -- that part of our history.
And you dare try to tell me :>I< have a "racist agenda"??

Fuck you all over again.
You took the baton and have been doing the same in a different way since then. The history since then is still being written.

(Feb. 10)
>> The Equal Justice Initiative (EJI) today released Lynching in America: Confronting the Legacy of Racial Terror, which documents EJI’s multi-year investigation into lynching in twelve Southern states during the period between Reconstruction and World War II. EJI researchers documented 3959 racial terror lynchings of African Americans in Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, and Virginia between 1877 and 1950 – at least 700 more lynchings of black people in these states than previously reported in the most comprehensive work done on lynching to date.

... many African Americans who were never accused of any crime were tortured and murdered in front of picnicking spectators (including elected officials and prominent citizens) for bumping into a white person, or wearing their military uniforms after World War I, or not using the appropriate title when addressing a white person. People who participated in lynchings were celebrated and acted with impunity. Not a single white person was convicted of murder for lynching a black person in America during this period. <<

Full report/supplement/resources etc at the EJI Page here
Hard to believe this went on so recently. But those who ignore their past are condemned to repeat it.

An update --- the EJI page link no longer works, it's now permalinked here

---- and the research goes on, over 100 more having been added since the report first came out.'

>> Lynching in America: Confronting the Legacy of Racial Terror documents EJI’s multi-year investigation into lynching in twelve Southern states during the period between Reconstruction and World War II. EJI researchers documented 4075 racial terror lynchings of African Americans in Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, and Virginia between 1877 and 1950 – at least 800 more lynchings of black people in these states than previously reported in the most comprehensive work done on lynching to date. <<
Obviously lynchings were not meticulously or deliberately documented, so the research continues. Matter of fact in the report itself the "4075" number becomes "4084".

>>... In 2017, EJI supplemented this research by documenting racial terror lynchings in other states, and found these acts of violence were most common in eight states: Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Maryland, Missouri, Ohio, Oklahoma, and West Virginia.<<​

Notable states here: Oklahoma was infested with Klan after the Tulsa Race Riots of 1921. A governor (Walton) tried to drive him out and the KKK worked to get him removed from office. Another governor in Kansas (Allen) tried to drive them out of his state around the same time but was replaced with a Klan-friendly governor (Paulen). Ohio was infested with Klan statewide, with the largest local chapter in the country in Summitt County, including a sheriff, county officials, mayor of Akron, judges, county commissioners, and most members of Akron's school board. And Indiana of course was the domain of Klan Chief Klown D.C. Stephenson, who controlled the whole state government structure, an arrangement that came out after his trial for a brutal rape/murder did not end in a pardon from the Klan-governor (Jackson) as he expected.

Last edited:
The lynchings were done by Democrats. And like you said, it wasn't that long ago.

Link?
Sure thing, dickwad.

Lynching in the United States - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

You racist republicans continue this and have not made one black here decide to become republicans. Gaslighting is just not going to work.
I'm not trying to make you decide to become a Republican. You're too stupid for that.
If I became a republican, then I would be stupid.

Forum List

Back