Lynching in America: Confronting the Legacy of Racial Terror

Nobody brought up "flogging ourselves" or any other emotional meltdown. RGS keeps bringing up "shame" but that's his thing too. Me, I'm just recounting history. History that isn't well known. The more y'all try to bury it, the more it's gonna bubble up to the surface. Simply because that's where it needs to be.

You react however you like, but the fact of its existence is not changing. It's done.
We were taught this stuff in fucken grade school and high school. There is no threat of it happening again, so what's the God damned point?
Read the OP so you can figure out the point. If you dont like it stop reading the thread.
Jamie Foxx said the reason he liked acting in Dejango was because it gave him a chance to kill white people. Imagine if Clinton Eastwood were to go around saying his movies gave him a chance to shoot *******.

This fucken shit needs to stop, because none of it had anything to do with us.
The thread has nothing to do with what Jamie Foxx or Clint eastwood said.
No shit Einstein!!!

I just pointed out a double-standard in play today. One that can result in repercussions, yet you want to talk about lynching in the 1800s.

The result of all of this dredging for bad blood of our past is violence in the streets today. Yesterday a bunch of kids invaded a screening of 50 Shades Of Gray in a movie theater and started harassing views just because they felt like it. Nothing good can come from rubbing shit in people's faces!! That's why they make axe handles and clubs. And when somebody retaliats you Dicks will be the first ones pointing fingers.
Its not a double standard dummy. What he said had nothing to do with lynching. The reasons for violence in the streets has very little to do with lynchings and more with ongoing racism.

Do you actually need help finding the "Current Events" forum? Is that it?
If I had intended to mischaracterize this as 'current event', I would have put it there, and then your whining would have been valid.

But I didn't. It's in "Racism".

Perhaps you should complain to the Mod Squad that this forum exists and get it removed so we can all pretend there's no such history. Sound like a plan?

This is the history. Again, this IS the history. It DID happen. And as the study shows it's still being uncovered. Personally I'm on the side of uncovering it. You?

Of course this is only the history that matters to you. Who cares that whites hid runaway slaves and got lynched for their troubles, or that Republicans saw what the Democrats were doing in the South and put a stop to it. All of that doesn't matter a damn. Let's all just flog ourselves for the cruelty of yesterday and forget about the violence going on today.

Nobody brought up "flogging ourselves" or any other emotional meltdown. RGS keeps bringing up "shame" but that's his thing too. Me, I'm just recounting history. History that isn't well known. The more y'all try to bury it, the more it's gonna bubble up to the surface. Simply because that's where it needs to be.

You react however you like, but the fact of its existence is not changing. It's done.
We were taught this stuff in fucken grade school and high school. There is no threat of it happening again, so what's the God damned point?

This is how these guys avoid dealing with today's issues.

Read what the fuck the forum is called.
What would you prefer in a Racism forum? Strawberry shortcake recipes?
Ain't gonna happen.

In a racism forum, if you are going to bemoan those who lynch, I would think instead of attacking people who are not engaged in the practice, you might direct some of that disdain towards the people who DO, and who probably will revive it in this country.

And it's NOT white, Christian, Republicans.

Get a grip. I'm being nice to you.

Do you actually need help finding the "Current Events" forum? Is that it?
If I had intended to mischaracterize this as 'current event', I would have put it there, and then your whining would have been valid.

But I didn't. It's in "Racism".

Perhaps you should complain to the Mod Squad that this forum exists and get it removed so we can all pretend there's no such history. Sound like a plan?

This is the history. Again, this IS the history. It DID happen. And as the study shows it's still being uncovered. Personally I'm on the side of uncovering it. You?

Of course this is only the history that matters to you. Who cares that whites hid runaway slaves and got lynched for their troubles, or that Republicans saw what the Democrats were doing in the South and put a stop to it. All of that doesn't matter a damn. Let's all just flog ourselves for the cruelty of yesterday and forget about the violence going on today.

Read the OP so you can figure out the point. If you dont like it stop reading the thread.
Why don't you put your thumb up your butt?

The point of this thread isn't to address an issue but to foment hatred. People are fucking tired of this repetitive bullshit. It's an effort to cause hatred and to breed self-righteous indignation when it's not warranted.

It getting so bad that they want to make James fucking Bond black. Why not try making Superman black? How bout 4 black Ghostbusters? Let's make a movie about the US Hockey Team with black players? Did you know that the South had slaves BTW?

Excuse me a-hole -- I'm the OP here and I'll say what the point is, not you ya arrogant fuck.

Look it up. My question would be what difference does it make?

Addressing problems is effective when the problems exist.

{Thomas Shipp and Abram Smith, both African Americans, were lynched on August 7, 1930, in Marion, Indiana. They had been arrested the night before on charges of robbing and murdering a white factory worker and raping his girlfriend. A large crowd broke into the jail with sledgehammers, beat the men, and hanged them. Police officers in the crowd cooperated in the lynching. A third person, 16-year-old James Cameron, escaped lynching due to the intervention of an unidentified member of the crowd who announced that Cameron had nothing to do with the rape or murder.[40] A studio photographer, Lawrence Beitler, took a photograph of the dead bodies hanging from a tree surrounded by a large crowd; thousands of copies of the photograph were sold. The event is notable as the last confirmed lynching of blacks in the Northern United States.[41][42]}
Lynching - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Look, you're a racist pile of shit, you seek to spread hatred and violence. You and ShitsSpeedos are probably the same idiot.

But in case anyone is sucked in by the racial hatred that you and Pogo are preaching, it's good to look at the actual facts.

How in the world could you believe the last lynching was in 1930? Thats that bubble you live in brah
He's a fucking idiot racist. Thats how.

I think its more that because he doesnt know about something that ignorance helps to form his opinion

Ain't gonna happen.

I would think instead of attacking people who are not engaged in the practice, you might direct some of that disdain towards the people who DO, and who probably will revive it in this country.

It bet thats exactly who will try to revive it. However, they are going to get a nasty surprise. This ain't the 1800's anymore.
laugh.gif

You said all that but you missed the point he was lynched by your buddies the Klan. Its a historical fact and the reason we need more threads like this to educate you backwoods racist white hicks. What a dummy you are.
laugh.gif

A black teen was murdered by two white teens, klansman.

Let's look at the current news;

{Lagenza Junious, 39, pleaded guilty to the first degree murder of Adreanne Evans and the attempted murder of Evans’s boyfriend on Tuesday, just as jury selection was about to begin in his death penalty trial}

So he lynched her, klansman? If every murder is lynching, then the term has no meaning.

Now look, you're a racist pile of shit - you have zero credibility with anyone. You spew your racist shit with no regard for whether it is factual or not. If you can create hatred against whites, you say it.

When Muslims behead someone do the Jews say "well those are the northern Muslims"? They dont. They dont for the same reason no black person says "white dems lynched our people".

They are just white people and since their voting records isnt available but a picture of their faces are. We tend to go on that

{Thomas Shipp and Abram Smith, both African Americans, were lynched on August 7, 1930, in Marion, Indiana. They had been arrested the night before on charges of robbing and murdering a white factory worker and raping his girlfriend. A large crowd broke into the jail with sledgehammers, beat the men, and hanged them. Police officers in the crowd cooperated in the lynching. A third person, 16-year-old James Cameron, escaped lynching due to the intervention of an unidentified member of the crowd who announced that Cameron had nothing to do with the rape or murder.[40] A studio photographer, Lawrence Beitler, took a photograph of the dead bodies hanging from a tree surrounded by a large crowd; thousands of copies of the photograph were sold. The event is notable as the last confirmed lynching of blacks in the Northern United States.[41][42]}

Look, you're a racist pile of shit, you seek to spread hatred and violence. You and ShitsSpeedos are probably the same idiot.

But in case anyone is sucked in by the racial hatred that you and Pogo are preaching, it's good to look at the actual facts.

How in the world could you believe the last lynching was in 1930? Thats that bubble you live in brah

I think its more that because he doesnt know about something that ignorance helps to form his opinion
I wonder how he fucked that up so badly? He must be pretty dim to miss that the last lynching was pretty recent.

The point of this thread isn't to address an issue but to foment hatred. People are fucking tired of this repetitive bullshit. It's an effort to cause hatred and to breed self-righteous indignation when it's not warranted.

It getting so bad that they want to make James fucking Bond black. Why not try making Superman black? How bout 4 black Ghostbusters? Let's make a movie about the US Hockey Team with black players? Did you know that the South had slaves BTW?

Excuse me a-hole -- I'm the OP here and I'll say what the point is, not you ya arrogant fuck.

The only point you made is that you hate the fact that lynchings took place in America decades ago, and you think white people today should worry about that, and not about the lynchings that are taking place in our back yard:

"On September 26, a group of 43 students in a rural teachers’ collegein Ayotzinapa, Guerrero in southern Mexico all disappeared, whiletraveling to the town of Iguala for an anti-government demonstration.At first it was believed that criminals from drug cartels had abductedand killed the students. But later it turned out that José LuisAbarca, the former mayor of Iguala, working hand in hand with thepolice and the drug traffickers, ordered the lynchings. The 43students were believed to be burned and dumped, though only theremains of one have been found."

World View Lynchings of 43 Students Revive the Mexican Revolution Fault Lines - Breitbart

Technically, the people who conducted the lynchings would be considered political refugees if they requested entrance into this country. We would not deport them.

Do you see this as an opportunity for lynching to become common in our country again?

Do you have any idea how much Mexican criminals hate blacks?

You notice that I cited my opinion, right stupid?

Why dont you suck your thumb after putting it up your butt?

How do you know what the point of the thread is if you didnt write it? If you are so tired stop reading it. While you are at it tell the Jews to stop talking about the holocaust. Its not an effort to cause hate. Its a listing of the facts. If these facts make you uncomfortable thats just your problem. Whats bad about James Bond being Black? It would be more in line with reality. I have never met a white guy like Bond but plenty of Black ones. Did you know that hockey as we now know it was started by Blacks? This is one of the reasons threads like this are good. It makes you clowns face the fact that your delusions are not reality.

The problem with this thread is it doesn't bring up anything different from hundreds if not thousands of stories and blogs covering the same topic.

And because I can read I understand the OP's purpose. It doesn't need explaining because we've covered this topic at nauseam.

Obviously you can't but don't let your pigheaded arrogance slow that down.

The historical fact of lynching clearly isn't new news. Nobody claims that, nor did I need to explain what lynching means. The point is one of degree. The study I cited -- which just came out btw -- documents considerably more of it, within its parameters of time and region, than previously known. That IS new news. And obviously, with some 200 contributions to the thread, relevant news.

And since it specifically focuses on a practice of terrorism, that's relevant in perspective to general news as well.

Feel free to demonstrate why it's not.

Ain't gonna happen.

I would think instead of attacking people who are not engaged in the practice, you might direct some of that disdain towards the people who DO, and who probably will revive it in this country.

It bet thats exactly who will try to revive it. However, they are going to get a nasty surprise. This ain't the 1800's anymore.
laugh.gif

And what do you base this racist belief on?

The fact that white Christian Republicans have a history of lynching? Oh wait..no they don't.

The fact that white Christian Republicans have started lynching blacks recently? Nope...also not true..

So what makes you think that suddenly, white Christian Republicans, who REPEATEDLY attempted to make lynchings ILLEGAL and were blocked by DEMS....are going to start lynching any day now?

Are they going to join up with the Mexican drug cartels flooding our borders, ya think? And target the black drug runners hiding in the south?

So what? Topics are pretty much recycled on every single forum. If people comment on it then its obvious that is is of interest to people. No one specifically asked you to comment from what I can see so dont participate if you its reached the stage of ad nauseam to you.

Asslips, you are a racist.

You have one purpose here, to incite and intensify racial hatred. You have one message of hatred, which you recycle infinitely.

democrats are the party of racial hatred, from the Trail of Tears to the present. You are no different than any Klansman that came before you.

Yeah but Pogo started the thread. Then bailed! Lol.

I don't think Pogo is racist, but I think he's feeding into racism.

Um... define "bail".
I got up from the computer to chop wood. It's below zero here. So sue me.

So what? Topics are pretty much recycled on every single forum. If people comment on it then its obvious that is is of interest to people. No one specifically asked you to comment from what I can see so dont participate if you its reached the stage of ad nauseam to you.

Asslips, you are a racist.

You have one purpose here, to incite and intensify racial hatred. You have one message of hatred, which you recycle infinitely.

democrats are the party of racial hatred, from the Trail of Tears to the present. You are no different than any Klansman that came before you.

Yeah but Pogo started the thread. Then bailed! Lol.

I don't think Pogo is racist, but I think he's feeding into racism.

Um... define "bail".
I got up from the computer to chop wood. It's below zero here. So sue me.

Okay!

You said all that but you missed the point he was lynched by your buddies the Klan. Its a historical fact and the reason we need more threads like this to educate you backwoods racist white hicks. What a dummy you are.
laugh.gif

A black teen was murdered by two white teens, klansman.

Let's look at the current news;

{Lagenza Junious, 39, pleaded guilty to the first degree murder of Adreanne Evans and the attempted murder of Evans’s boyfriend on Tuesday, just as jury selection was about to begin in his death penalty trial}

So he lynched her, klansman? If every murder is lynching, then the term has no meaning.

Now look, you're a racist pile of shit - you have zero credibility with anyone. You spew your racist shit with no regard for whether it is factual or not. If you can create hatred against whites, you say it.
I know you are embarrassed you got caught lying but you are just digging yourself a deeper hole. What does that have to do with Michael Donald getting lynched?

Michael Donald - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

"The murder is sometimes referred to as the last recorded lynching in the United States."

"They wrapped a rope around his neck, and pulled on it to strangle him, before slitting his throat and hanging him from a tree across the street from Hays' house"

How much does anyone wanna bet Uncensored tries to dispute this by using some semantics?

I wonder how he fucked that up so badly? He must be pretty dim to miss that the last lynching was pretty recent.

I mean, thinking that the last lynching was 80 years ago kinda goes farther than just typical ignorance

What pogo and schlep think is that whites should abdicate all authority and power to the criminals who are currently engaged in lynching. Because once, decades ago, we engaged in the practice..before repenting and making it illegal. They're still prosecuting people who were engaged in lynchings in the 1930s. I don't know what else these loons want from us.

To lynch ourselves, perhaps, and our children? To go to the nearest Nigerian "refugee" who has left the country to avoid prosecution for his participation in a lynching there..an ask him to necklace us?

I've posted absolutely zero about "authority" and I've posted absolutely zero about what anyone "should do". You completely made that up.

Now why did you do that?

30 years ago.

Were the dudes prosecuted?

Oh yeah...

"U.S. District Court Judge W. Brevard Hand sentenced Knowles, who by then was 21 years of age, to a life sentence.[9] Knowles had earlier testified that the slaying occurred "to show Klan strength in Alabama."[9] He avoided the death penalty by testifying against Hays at trial.[6]
"On May 18, 1989, Benjamin Franklin Cox, Jr., a truck driver from Mobile, was convicted in a federal court for being an accomplice in the Donald killing. Mobile County Circuit Court Michael Zoghby sentenced the then-28-year old Cox to life in prison for his part in the Donald murder.[10]"

Michael Donald - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia
So what's the problem? There was one lynching almost 40 years ago...and the perps were caught and thoroughly punished....

Are we maintaining that we should jump the gun and punish whites when lynchings aren't taking place, in case there are some lynchings in the future?

You notice that I cited my opinion, right stupid?
Your opinion doesnt amount to monkey shit. We want facts not your opinion.

I'm trying reaaaallly hard to see how one lynching almost 40 years ago means we have a problem with white on black lynching mentality in this country.

Forum List

Back