Luxembourg abolishes fares on public transport

The important thing is that it shows you can be innovative and take big decisions when the railways are publicly controlled.
It may not resonate in the US but the UK railrways are a privately owned mess. Captive travellers see fares go up every year s the service declines.
When you're a tiny and very rich country you can do that kinda stuff. The rest of us can't afford to.

Correct, but where did I say I don't want to fund state education?

My two boys went to state education, they're now in their 20's. I pay tax towards state education. But you get some that don't have kids, and those who can't have kids, who say why should they pay.

So again I ask, where did I say I don't want to pay for state schools?
Everybody should pay.Its an investment in our future. Or did you build that iphone you are tapping on.

A lot of Public transport is already FREE in America, if you are of certain demographics you just get on and dare them occasional ticket checker to check you. Gate jumpers Extroidinaire’ 101 for dummies.

Luxembourg to become first country in world to make public transport free

While rail travellers in Britain prepare for tickets to cost 3.1 per cent more in 2019, Luxembourg is set to become the first country in the world to abolish all fares on public transport.

A new coalition government is taking office in the Grand Duchy with the promise of abolishing tickets on trains, trams and buses next summer.

At present fares are capped at a low level: €2 for up to two hours of travel, which in the small nation covers almost any journey.

Fair play. Ticks all sorts of boxes.
If you think public transportation is shitty now, just wait until squatters set up their tents in it.

Forum List

Back