Lucky Charms cereal causing vomiting, diarrhea: report

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Oregon
A couple people getting sick is one thing, but 139?! That's 'tragically suspicious!'

Lucky Charms — the sugary breakfast cereal made by General Mills that has long used a leprechaun mascot — is believed to be making people sick nationwide, The Post has learned from reports on a consumer complaint website.

At least 139 consumers across the country reported they vomited and had diarrhea after eating a bowl of the cereal that’s marketed to kids, according to iwaspoisoned.com, a platform that tracks food-borne illnesses.

In March, Jan Judd of Heber City, Utah, said she ate a bowl as a snack one evening and a few hours later she was cramping up, nauseous and up much of the night with diarrhea.

“I felt lousy for 24 hours, even worse than I felt when I had COVID-19,” Judd told The Post.

could be LISTERIA. Listeria is a gram positive rod
that lives in animal (eg human) cells and typical
contamination of food is via rodents. It happens.
Sugar and grain is a fave of mice and rats

Now that's the SH*TS..........
Listerosis is treatable with anti-biotics
but DANGEROUS for immune deficient,
pregnant, elderly, or very young persons.
In my lifetime---long ago ---I came across
a LISTERIA BRAIN ABSCESS in a child

That's why still to this day I have an addiction to Count Chocula...
It's like chocolaty crack...
I don't think I've ever had Count Chocula.... but Chocolate Pebbles is yummy, as well as many of the other chocolate cereals.

Covid has returned.

Sugared cereal and a big gulp for breakfast is back to being a secondary consideration.

Rachel Maddow always seems to be able to find time for other issues than just the war. Shel's back and she's learned the more suitable talking points on the war at least, from the CIA. If this is real she'll be on it tonight.

A couple people getting sick is one thing, but 139?! That's 'tragically suspicious!'

What a horrible "food" to feed a child. Forget the adulteration in this report. The food is so loaded with sugar that will indubitably cause mass obesity once the children reach adulthood.

The people selling this shit should be executed for MURDER along with the parents who buy it.

They are yummy, but loaded with sugar.
That is one thing that I learned about cereals when I first started dieting. They are all loaded with either sugars or carbs, even the ones that are supposed to be more on the healthy side of foods.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. Cocoa Pebbles, Cocoa Puffs, Cinnamon Toast Crunch, and Frosted Mini Wheats are my most favorite.

Forum List

Back