LPGA moves their Portland tour stop outside the city limits due to homeless and lack of safety response from city

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Oregon
Lol!!!
Portland deserves this!

"County club board president Ken Smith wrote on Sunday afternoon that the Tournament Golf Foundation “had concerns about the safety of the city and opted to find a venue out of the city limits.”

“Their reason for departure center around the City of Portland’s response to safety and security around the city,” Smith wrote, but declined to disclose any details about specific concerns.
But the event’s organizers, Tournament Golf Foundation, were more forthcoming: They said the safety risk came from nearby homeless camps."

I always thought the LPGA was a lot more woke that this.

I wonder what they will do when Tigress Woods applies for a tour card when he figures he isn't going to recover well enough to compete with the men and makes the decision to transition?

I always thought the LPGA was a lot more woke that this.

I wonder what they will do when Tigress Woods applies for a tour card when he figures he isn't going to recover well enough to compete with the men and makes the decision to transition?

It is always funny when their personal safety gets liberals to...notice reality.

The funniest part is, that they never actually change. They act as though this one danger is some exception and not their future.

When the whole country is ruined, you won't be able to run away.

Good! I hope more attention is given to our absolutely embarrassing homeless problem. Any guesses which group of politicians will stand in the way of the attempted solutions?

Lets demonstrate:

We approach them all and give them access to mental health services and provide housing, food, clothes, and healthcare. If we have to open federally funded mental health facilities to house some of them, then we do that.

San Francisco just continued to make Texas and Iowa jokes as their city continued to descend down
the ladder of irrelevancy. Portland is on the same track.

Portland Oregon is just another victim of the radical marxism religion. Blue cities always have the highest crime rate & lowest quality of living. The ghetto blacks & homeless(leisure class) in these blue cities prove to be the problem to the answer. High crime & torched structures co$t taxpayer revenue to remedy & repair so the black ghettos & homeless are always in poverty. Unfortunately the gullible black ghettoites & the homeless crowd are too dumbed down or drugged out to understand the problems that they want addressed are caused by themselves. As far as the blue city government employees go they are just in it for the $$$$$ so they can afford to retire in a red city where quality of life is much higher & less expensive to live in due to a lower cost of living.

Stunning waste
Exhibit A
exactly.......if thats the best you can do for 60K youre doing it wrong
I am sure they would love your expert input. Have you tallied up the costs for your idea, so we can see if there is any substance behind your bluster?

Stunning waste
Exhibit A
I am sure they would love your expert input. Have you tallied up the costs for your idea, so we can see if there is any substance behind your bluster?
What I paid for my fathers nursing home......... but hey feel free to think that 60 grand is well spent and this is all they can do for it

Stunning waste
Exhibit A
What I paid for my fathers nursing home......... but hey feel free to think that 60 grand is well spent and this is all they can do for it
And you think that's a valid comparison, eh? Okay, we will build huge, assisted living buildings for thrm. Why hasn't anyone done this already, if it is such a brilliant idea?

Stunning waste
Exhibit A
And you think that's a valid comparison, eh? Okay, we will build huge, assisted living buildings for thrm. Why hasn't anyone done this already, if it is such a brilliant idea?
Whys isnt it? Shelter food and services all provided. Replace some of the staff with mental health experts

Stunning waste
Exhibit A
Whys isnt it? Shelter food and services all provided. Replace some of the staff with mental health experts
Hey, okay. I like things that work.

So you are suggesting we pay to move them into existing nursing homes??? Or build new ones and pay for them to live there? Somehow i don't think that will be cheaper than what is described in the OP, nor do i think you are disclosing all the actual costs of your fathers assisted living.

I have no special affinity for any particular idea, as long as it works in some way or another

Stunning waste
Exhibit A

So you are suggesting we pay to move them into existing nursing homes??? Or build new ones and pay for them to live there? Somehow i don't think that will be cheaper than what is described in the OP, nor do i think you are disclosing all the actual costs of your fathers assisted living.

I have no special affinity for any particular idea, as long as it works in some way or another
my dads pension was 4500. Renting his house out paid that bill and netted him a little xtra, rest we paid from his savings. Cant help what your bias wont let you see.

Stunning waste
Exhibit A

my dads pension was 4500. Renting his house out paid that bill and netted him a little xtra, rest we paid from his savings. Cant help what your bias wont let you see.
Gotcha. So we rent out the homeless people's homes to offset the costs.

That makes a lot of sense!

Stunning waste
Exhibit A

Gotcha. So we rent out the homeless people's homes to offset the costs.

That makes a lot of sense!
Not what I said,,,,merely was showing I know exactly how much we paid cause I paid it but hey it you think a tent is fantastic more power to you......btw might go into the safe tent business myself......looks like a money machine

Good! I hope more attention is given to our absolutely embarrassing homeless problem. Any guesses which group of politicians will stand in the way of the attempted solutions?

Lets demonstrate:

We approach them all and give them access to mental health services and provide housing, food, clothes, and healthcare. If we have to open federally funded mental health facilities to house some of them, then we do that.
It is Portland's homeless, therefore it is Portland's problem.

Pony the fuck up and shut the fuck up.

Good! I hope more attention is given to our absolutely embarrassing homeless problem.
I think the ladies are too politically correct to blame the racist Black Lies Matter crowd.

But its obvious thats who they are really afraid of

Forum List

Back