Love these GOTCHA questions from the Democrats in the Barrett hearing this morning.

This line of questioning is just ridiculous. They are supposed to be determining if Barrett would be a competent SCJ, instead they are just using it as political theatre. Her job is supposed to be to interpret laws, not to know or even take into consideration statistics about people who will be affected by the ACA. It is completely irrelevant. This is completely ridiculous, childish and partisan.
You weren’t born yesterday were you? A few weeks out from a presidential election. Congressional hearing being picked up by every major news network. Of course it is political theater. Everybody knows What the outcome Of the hearing will be. These people are going for party messaging and sound bites for the media to replay which are geared to help them politically. Don’t act surprised this was all very predictable.

I can boil them down.

1) Why are you racist?
2) Why do you want to take away womens’ rights?
3) Why do you want millions of people to die without healthcare

They are shameless. Barrett is knocking it out of the park. She is sharp! She is destroying FEINSTEIN!
Who asked those questions? I sure as hell didn’t hear that. I thought Feinstein’s line of questioning was perfectly respectful and legit.

Feinstein was asking about AutoZone being racist and Barrett supporting Autozone. Feinstein even WRONGLY referred to the Brown versus the Board of education. What the fuck are youwatching???.
Same thing as you. I saw Feinstein give her a very warm welcome and allow Barrett to use a chunk of her time to interdict her family. No mention of that from you. Feinstein obviously home from the other side of the political aisle. She is going to voice her opposition and the concerns of her party. All Dems are going to do that today. It’s boring and pointless politics I’ll give you that. But don’t make more out of it than there is. You don’t look good in the drama queens dress

Then why didnt you see the line of questioning about AUTOZONE and racism?
I must have dozed off or got side tracked with some snowflake on USMB. It’s not the most riveting of TV, we’ve got to agree there

I can boil them down.

1) Why are you racist?

They are shameless. Barrett is knocking it out of the park. She is sharp! She is destroying FEINSTEIN!
Who asked those questions? I sure as hell didn’t hear that. I thought Feinstein’s line of questioning was perfectly respectful and legit.

Feinstein was asking about AutoZone being racist and Barrett supporting Autozone. Feinstein even WRONGLY referred to the Brown versus the Board of education. What the fuck are youwatching???.
Same thing as you. I saw Feinstein give her a very warm welcome and allow Barrett to use a chunk of her time to interdict her family. No mention of that from you. Feinstein obviously home from the other side of the political aisle. She is going to voice her opposition and the concerns of her party. All Dems are going to do that today. It’s boring and pointless politics I’ll give you that. But don’t make more out of it than there is. You don’t look good in the drama queens dress

I must have dozed off or got side tracked with some snowflake on USMB. It’s not the most riveting of TV, we’ve got to agree there

Fair enough. Barrett sided with AUTOZONE in a case where they wereallegedly putting people of certain races in certain stores. Barrett answered to the specifics of the case and then said, “Racism is abhorrent”.

Why do we keep voting these fucking fossils into office? I am talking about both sides. Holy crap. These people make Lindsay Graham look like a teenager.

Leahy is older than Moses.

I can boil them down.

1) Why are you racist?

This line of questioning is just ridiculous. They are supposed to be determining if Barrett would be a competent SCJ, instead they are just using it as political theatre.
Typical and totally expected anytime you turn on the cameras around these guys. Let me know when Susan Collins speaks. She'll stay on point. @ me.

Icannot believe Leahy just asked her to recuse herself from anything from the electon going to SCOTUS.

WHAT THE FUCK?
They are trying like hell to discredit her... But she keeps hitting them with failure drills..
This recusal crap is just ridiculous. Democrats are fucking shameless. Wow. I dont think LEAHY knows Civics.

Exactly it seems some need a reminder of RBG publicly criticizing TRUMP yet never felt the need to recuse.

"He is a faker," she said of the presumptive Republican presidential nominee, going point by point, as if presenting a legal brief. "He has no consistency about him. He says whatever comes into his head at the moment. He really has an ego. ... How has he gotten away with not turning over his tax returns? The press seems to be very gentle with him on that."

"I can't imagine what this place would be -- I can't imagine what the country would be -- with Donald Trump as our president,"

I can boil them down.

1) Why are you racist?

Fair enough. Barrett sided with AUTOZONE in a case where they wereallegedly putting people of certain races in certain stores. Barrett answered to the specifics of the case and then said, “Racism is abhorrent”.
Ahh yes. I heard the racism is abhorrent line and D saying I think we all agree with that.

so you think Ds question Was a backhanded accusation that Barrett is racist? Even with her black children sitting behind her?

Icannot believe Leahy just asked her to recuse herself from anything from the electon going to SCOTUS.

WHAT THE FUCK?
They are trying like hell to discredit her... But she keeps hitting them with failure drills..
This recusal crap is just ridiculous. Democrats are fucking shameless. Wow. I dont think LEAHY knows Civics.

Exactly it seems some need a reminder of RBG publicly criticizing TRUMP yet never felt the need to recuse.

"He is a faker," she said of the presumptive Republican presidential nominee, going point by point, as if presenting a legal brief. "He has no consistency about him. He says whatever comes into his head at the moment. He really has an ego. ... How has he gotten away with not turning over his tax returns? The press seems to be very gentle with him on that."

"I can't imagine what this place would be -- I can't imagine what the country would be -- with Donald Trump as our president,"

I recall that and it was absolutely put of line for a member of SCOTUS to say something political like that. RBG was partisan trash.

LOL...

You???

"Thought"????

Yeah I'm sure you objectively concluded Feinslime's hysterical rhetorical questions were worth answering.

I can boil them down.

1) Why are you racist?

thanks----I am glad ----I could not BEAR to watch
it.

I can boil them down.

1) Why are you racist?

Ahh yes. I heard the racism is abhorrent line and D saying I think we all agree with that.

so you think Ds question Was a backhanded accusation that Barrett is racist? Even with her black children sitting behind her?

She spent 5 minutes asking Barrett why she sided with AUTOZONE. Yes the implication was racism. Thats why Barrett said racism is abhorrent. She was defending herself from Feinstein.

Your fucking presidential nominee questions the blackness of people considering Trump over the nattering senile baffoon....

There is NOTHING beneath democrooks when it comes to racism.

I can boil them down.

1) Why are you racist?

'Yes' or 'No' ONLY - Have you stopped beating your husband?

This line of questioning is just ridiculous. They are supposed to be determining if Barrett would be a competent SCJ, instead they are just using it as political theatre. Her job is supposed to be to interpret laws, not to know or even take into consideration statistics about people who will be affected by the ACA. It is completely irrelevant. This is completely ridiculous, childish and partisan.
You weren’t born yesterday were you? A few weeks out from a presidential election. Congressional hearing being picked up by every major news network. Of course it is political theater. Everybody knows What the outcome Of the hearing will be. These people are going for party messaging and sound bites for the media to replay which are geared to help them politically. Don’t act surprised this was all very predictable.

My mistake for expecting that Democrats would exhibit any professionalism or decorum.

Forum List

Back