Louisiana rep: Declaration of Independence is 'racist'

The British generally mocked the Declaration of Independence, for the very fact that the colonists were slavers.
all those who conduct themselves as worthy members of the community.
now, tell me how that description fits the lazy bastard that refuses to work but expects others to pay for him?
what exactly is worthy about them?
And who is that, the millions of fat asses on Social Security?

Retired military who do nothing but cash checks? All other retired government employees?

We are a capitalist nation. In capitalism not everyone works. It's part of the deal. To keep the system stable, and the values of property stable, we help people cover the bills until they work again so all that leaves you with is welfare, and that's peanuts. I also have no problem with helping people get off that and back to work. It's good for the soul.

You have no problem demanding the rest of us be forced to give someone else money. It's not the same as doing it yourself with your own money. If all you bleeding hearts that said you have no problem helping actually helped instead of thinking helping means supporting someone else being forced to pay, the rest of us wouldn't be forced to pay. You'd do what you say you don't mind doing. The government needn't play a part. All you and the rest of you lying Liberals have to do is write a check.
I have no problem dealing with the fact that more than one person matters, known as myself.

You? Well you are stuck on me, myself, and I.

I couldn't care less.

The British generally mocked the Declaration of Independence, for the very fact that the colonists were slavers.
now, tell me how that description fits the lazy bastard that refuses to work but expects others to pay for him?

Retired military who do nothing but cash checks? All other retired government employees?

We are a capitalist nation. In capitalism not everyone works. It's part of the deal. To keep the system stable, and the values of property stable, we help people cover the bills until they work again so all that leaves you with is welfare, and that's peanuts. I also have no problem with helping people get off that and back to work. It's good for the soul.

You have no problem demanding the rest of us be forced to give someone else money. It's not the same as doing it yourself with your own money. If all you bleeding hearts that said you have no problem helping actually helped instead of thinking helping means supporting someone else being forced to pay, the rest of us wouldn't be forced to pay. You'd do what you say you don't mind doing. The government needn't play a part. All you and the rest of you lying Liberals have to do is write a check.
I have no problem dealing with the fact that more than one person matters, known as myself.

I couldn't care less.

Your problem is thinking demanding someone else be forced to fund what you support means you care about other people. If you cared, you'd simply do it.

Damn right you don't matter to me. I could care less if you have what you need to survive.

I couldn't care less.

Your problem is thinking demanding someone else be forced to fund what you support means you care about other people. If you cared, you'd simply do it.

Damn right you don't matter to me. I could care less if you have what you need to survive.
Would you like to tell me that I can skip funding the military?

How about it?

I couldn't care less.

How about it?

When the Constitution no longer says funding of the military is a delegated power of Congress, you won't have to.

Can you show me where Congress has the same delegated authority to mandate one person be forced to fund another person's food, healthcare, housing, etc? Didn't think you could.

I couldn't care less.

How about it?

When the Constitution no longer says funding of the military is a delegated power of Congress, you won't have to.

Can you show me where Congress has the same delegated authority to mandate one person be forced to fund another person's food, healthcare, housing, etc? Didn't think you could.
Welcome to the General Welfare and the power of Congress to impose taxes, bitch.

I couldn't care less.

How about it?

Welcome to the General Welfare and the power of Congress to impose taxes, bitch.

So you can't show me any of those delegated powers? Didn't think so.

Difference is Congress has the power to impose taxes AND raise a military doing so. Show me directly where the powers of Congress say food stamps, healthcare, housing, etc.

Why spend all that time making kids memorize the Declaration of Independence? No wonder La has the worst test scores in the country .
Adopted and ratified by the Second Continental Congress, it is, in essence, codified. And it states explicitly the values and principles of the Americans traditionally. It's an institution unto itself.

Social Security? something that was PAID INTO BY WORKING
Retired people? Money that they EARNED BY WORKING.
WTF is wrong with you lazy ass non working pieces of shit that cant see the difference?
Welfare? not paid into, collected by NOT WORKING.
You want to help the scum? you pay and get the f out of everyone elses pocket.
If I was allowed to direct my taxes, the military would have to sell cookies, door to door.
if I was allowed to direct my taxes, I would stop paying for all social programs ( think welfare) and give the extra to the military so that you would stop getting checks in the first place.

I couldn't care less.

How about it?

So you can't show me any of those delegated powers? Didn't think so.

Difference is Congress has the power to impose taxes AND raise a military doing so. Show me directly where the powers of Congress say food stamps, healthcare, housing, etc.
Don't forget social security and medicare and unemployment insurance seems a bit coercive.

3245 Hollywood Avenue
Shreveport, LA 71108 (bring gun for protection)

Phone BR549
Fax BR549

email: check internet number

Legislative Aide
Sheila Jackson

Representing Parishes
Sharpton

Corresponding Senate Districts
check internet number

Why spend all that time making kids memorize the Declaration of Independence? No wonder La has the worst test scores in the country .
Adopted and ratified by the Second Continental Congress, it is, in essence, codified. And it states explicitly the values and principles of the Americans traditionally. It's an institution unto itself.

They'd be better off learning the bill of rights .

liberals dont want kids to learn their rights.

Liberals defend the bill of rights . Cons only give a shit about the 2nd .

Louisiana rep causes outrage by implying Declaration of Independence is racist: Politician says students shouldn't recite it as it was conceived in time of slavery
  • Bill proposed students between 4th and 6th grade recite passage every day
  • Barbara Norton argued against it, pointing out the inequalities that persisted despite document's famous line that 'all men are created equal'
  • Literacy laws in Jim Crow era also disenfranchised black people, asking them to read or recite from the Declaration of Independence before voting
  • Valarie Hodges shelved the bill and called amendments suggesting students recite other historial texts 'poison pills'
  • She said memorizing the passage was as important as Math, English, or conjugating verbs

A Louisiana lawmaker argued against a bill requiring public school students to recite excerpts from the Declaration of Independence because 'only Caucasians were free' at the time it was penned.

While the Declaration of Independence states 'all men are created equal', it took nearly a century later before the 15th amendment allowed men regardless of 'race, color, or previous condition of servitude' to vote.

Barbara Norton said it was 'unfair' to require children to recite the founding document, given it was written when slavery was still widespread.

Republican representative Valarie Hodges shelved the bill, which required public school students in grades four, five and six to recite a passage every day.

34B8852300000578-3614267-image-m-68_1464456311801.jpg

Read more: Louisiana rep implies declaration of independence is racist
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Look at that beautiful face.
This is the new fascist Democratic Party at work.

This is why Farrakhan is voting for Trump instead of most likely voting Democrat.

"Safe spaces" and "hate speech" laws kind of violate the 1st....

we only give a shit about the 2nd because thats the one that was written to protect the rest.
liberals hate the 2nd because it gets in the way of them over riding the rest.
Libs dont want to defend it, they want to get rid of it.

Forum List

Back