Louisiana police refuse to patrol football games after players kneel

An assignment or not the point is exactly the same, we don't need cops who base their decisions on emotions or what a few kids do that is perfectly legal. We don't need the doctor who says I'm just not interested in saving this guy from chocking to death, while off duty, because his t-shirt offends me.
Then fire them all. Let vigilantes handle. What's the fucking problem?

Well, yet again, the cops are refusing to serve the public, shocking.
Not if they are off duty! Correct?
A cop is always a cop, and these are just the typical mindless immoral unprofessional thugs.
Urine idiot.
"Scope

This policy applies to all officers of this agency engaged in official duties, whether within or outside of the territorial jurisdiction of this agency. Unless otherwise noted, this policy also applies to off duty conduct as well. Conduct not mentioned under a specific rule, but which violates a general principle is prohibited. This policy is organized into eight principles governing conduct unbecoming an officer. The rationale explaining the principle and a set of rules follow each principle."
Florida Department of Law Enforcement - LE Ethical Standards of Conduct

This kind of "if you are a cop then you are a cop at all times" is the norm. A cop who makes the police look bad is soon not a cop. It just goes with the job.
Look asswipe! The cops we are talking about are off duty cops! They have every right to not volunteer to guard a person who demonizes them. They have no such right if they are on duty. This does not make the police look bad. You just want to walk all over them and you are pissed because you cannot. The NFL can hire their own damn security or support the cops who VOLUNTEER to do so. It's their move.

An assignment or not the point is exactly the same, we don't need cops who base their decisions on emotions or what a few kids do that is perfectly legal. We don't need the doctor who says I'm just not interested in saving this guy from chocking to death, while off duty, because his t-shirt offends me.
Then fire them all. Let vigilantes handle. What's the fucking problem?
Not all of them are thin-skinned pussies like these idiots. Use the good ones, the ones with a sense of duty, and fire the bad ones. A cop who says that guy I will protect, I like him, but not this other guy, he sucks we don't need.

And is an arrest they might make at a game any less valid because they are off duty? If not then they are doing a job, on their own time, so do it professionally or don't bother.

"Scope

This policy applies to all officers of this agency engaged in official duties, whether within or outside of the territorial jurisdiction of this agency. Unless otherwise noted, this policy also applies to off duty conduct as well. Conduct not mentioned under a specific rule, but which violates a general principle is prohibited. This policy is organized into eight principles governing conduct unbecoming an officer. The rationale explaining the principle and a set of rules follow each principle."

This kind of "if you are a cop then you are a cop at all times" is the norm. A cop who makes the police look bad is soon not a cop. It just goes with the job.
That applies to conduct and has nothing to do with forcing them to work voluntary jobs.

Why is this such a difficult point for you to comprehend?

Not all of them are thin-skinned pussies like these idiots. Use the good ones, the ones with a sense of duty, and fire the bad ones. A cop who says that guy I will protect, I like him, but not this other guy, he sucks we don't need.

And is an arrest they might make at a game any less valid because they are off duty? If not then they are doing a job, on their own time, so do it professionally or don't bother.
Then fire all the "thin-skinned pussies" like you misogynistic liberals want and see what happens.

Well, yet again, the cops are refusing to serve the public, shocking.
A cop is always a cop, and these are just the typical mindless immoral unprofessional thugs.
Urine idiot.
"Scope

Look asswipe! The cops we are talking about are off duty cops! They have every right to not volunteer to guard a person who demonizes them. They have no such right if they are on duty. This does not make the police look bad. You just want to walk all over them and you are pissed because you cannot. The NFL can hire their own damn security or support the cops who VOLUNTEER to do so. It's their move.
Off duty or on duty the rules don't change, or change very little. That link has been posted. You can call it unfair if you like but just like the actions of the minister it doesn't count just on Sunday morning. He's on duty 24 x 7 x 365. It goes with the job. If they can't accept that then get another job.

Then fire all the "thin-skinned pussies" like you misogynistic liberals want and see what happens.
We'd soon have a much better police force.

And most of the "policing" shouldn't be by men with guns. That makes everyone into either the police or a criminal. That is a a huge mistake that we are making.

Urine idiot.
"Scope

Off duty or on duty the rules don't change, or change very little. That link has been posted. You can call it unfair if you like but just like the actions of the minister it doesn't count just on Sunday morning. He's on duty 24 x 7 x 365. It goes with the job. If they can't accept that, get another job.

From the article asswipe!

That is a voluntary detail, so I suspect I will have some officers refuse to work the Bonnabel High School games,” Normand continued. “The same way that the Bonnabel players have every right to kneel during the national anthem, my officers have every right not to volunteer to work the Bonnabel high school football game.”

We'd soon have a much better police force.....
We? Do you live there? Then fire them and see what happens. I think you'd see a lot less police. You'd also see the police budget shoot up astronomically as they are forced to cover all of these games and events in addition to their regular duties.

Mostly what this is about is miserable people wanting to get a chance to make others miserable......and to a person, these mofu's are all hate America types and are in the vast minority ( watch a national anthem of any pro/college game this weekend!! Hysterical to most...........

And lets face it.........this confirms that we have a nation stacked with zombies that fall for consensus reality at the drop of a hat. Weve gotten to a point now where there are zero justified police shootings of armed threats. Its fucking fascinating.........law and order getting to the point of being fucked s0ns!!! If you guard your residence with Nerf weapons or wiffle ball bats, might be time to reconsider.:slap:

The City Manager ought to order the Chief of Police to give the officers a choice. Do their jobs, leave honorably, or be placed on Admin Leave and be fired for failure to do their duty.
You should read the OP link before posting. It's a voluntary detail. The officers are not required to work it. Now, if you think they should increase their police budget, pay the police overtime and force them to work it, that's another matter.

"Scope

That applies to conduct and has nothing to do with forcing them to work voluntary jobs.

Why is this such a difficult point for you to comprehend?
A cop volunteers to be a cop on his own time. What is he, a private citizen or a cop? Paid or unpaid he is required to be professional, his arrests, on duty or off duty, both count the same so his professionalism also has to be the same.

If he needs to be there, pay him, If not, don't. But either way cops are really never off-duty, their ethical standards always apply and that means acting like professionals not whiny little bitches.

Urine idiot.
"Scope

Off duty or on duty the rules don't change, or change very little. That link has been posted. You can call it unfair if you like but just like the actions of the minister it doesn't count just on Sunday morning. He's on duty 24 x 7 x 365. It goes with the job. If they can't accept that, get another job.

That is a voluntary detail, so I suspect I will have some officers refuse to work the Bonnabel High School games,” Normand continued. “The same way that the Bonnabel players have every right to kneel during the national anthem, my officers have every right not to volunteer to work the Bonnabel high school football game.”

Bullshit. A sworn officer is on duty at all times. Period, end of story. The job as peace officers is to keep the peace. They are not hourly workers, they are salaried and many agencies require their officers to carry their service weapon at all times. On shift or not.

Last edited:
Urine idiot.
"Scope

Bullshit. A sworn officer is on duty at all times. Period, end of story. There job as peace officers is to keep the peace. They are not hourly workers, they are salaried and many agencies require their officers to carry their service weapon at all times. On shift or not.
Bullshit! Volunteer means volunteer! Write it down. Study it. By an extra lightbulb if necessary!

Forum List

Back