Louisiana Black Man Gets Life In Prison At Angola For Selling $20 Worth Of Pot ( It's Justifiable)

Yeah, let's scrap the criminal justice system and just gun people down in the streets. What could go wrong?

No. Let's scrap it and replace it with something that works to....

A. Punish criminals who commit crimes in a severe manner.

B. Work to ensure nobody wants to commit crimes due to the sentences handed down.

Bullshit! You said you wanted them "shot on site", those were your words. Now you own them like a man.

Time to legalize pot and to get this black man out of prison. What a waste of tax payer dollars! Dollars that should be going to infrastructure, science and r&d!

I don't agree with legalizing pot, but I do believe the Constitutional protection against cruel and unusual punishment has been violated here.

As a complete advocate against drug use, especially pot, this sentence is justified and needed to be carried out despite the circumstances. This black dealer would have eventually got young white girls hooked on dope, raped and possibly killed by these feral criminals in drug deals gone bad. This life sentence will end that possibility. More of these type people need to be taken off the streets and handed deserving sentences like what this type person recieved.. Kudos for the Shreveport PD for doing a job well done.

Louisiana man gets life in prison for selling 20 worth of pot

My favorite line from this idiot is "This black dealer would have eventually got young white girls hooked on dope, raped and possibly killed by these feral criminals in drug deals gone bad.". In other words, he is not worried about blacks on drugs, but that they will get white girls hooked on dope. lmao Because, you know, pot is such an addictive drug and will make those poor white girls do things like have sex with black men. lol

Too funny!!

The title of the article is actually misleading. Selling $20 worth of pot is not what got him life. It was the 3 prior felony convictions that did that.

Everything is okay, this guy violate the law and now he got what he deserved!
Every man who will break the law and commit crimes will be in jail, because LAW is order for all of us, without exceptions!

A life sentence? Maybe you also agree with the OP asshole who thinks it's good because he's black and blacks need to be locked up.

As a complete advocate against drug use, especially pot, this sentence is justified and needed to be carried out despite the circumstances. This black dealer would have eventually got young white girls hooked on dope, raped and possibly killed by these feral criminals in drug deals gone bad. This life sentence will end that possibility. More of these type people need to be taken off the streets and handed deserving sentences like what this type person recieved.. Kudos for the Shreveport PD for doing a job well done.

My favorite line from this idiot is "This black dealer would have eventually got young white girls hooked on dope, raped and possibly killed by these feral criminals in drug deals gone bad.". In other words, he is not worried about blacks on drugs, but that they will get white girls hooked on dope. lmao Because, you know, pot is such an addictive drug and will make those poor white girls do things like have sex with black men. lol

Too funny!!

The title of the article is actually misleading. Selling $20 worth of pot is not what got him life. It was the 3 prior felony convictions that did that.

It's still wrong.

Too funny!!

It's still wrong.

I agree. But that is because I think pot should be legal.

As for the "Three Strikes" laws, I'm not arguing whether that is right or wrong. I will point out that none of the 3 felony convictions he had were violent. That should mean something.

Too funny!!

It's still wrong.

As for the "Three Strikes" laws, I'm not arguing whether that is right or wrong. I will point out that none of the 3 felony convictions he had were violent. That should mean something.

The article said they were non violent. If one of them had been armed robbery, then I would have no pity for the guy because I think when you stick a gun in a person's face and make him or her fear for their life, you should never see daylight again. But this article is all we have to go on, biased as it appears to be, and it says non violent felonies.

Too funny!!

It's still wrong.

The article said they were non violent. If one of them had been armed robbery, then I would have no pity for the guy because I think when you stick a gun in a person's face and make him or her fear for their life, you should never see daylight again. But this article is all we have to go on, biased as it appears to be, and it says non violent felonies.

That is what I said. That none of the 3 convictions were violent.

A hungry and homeless man who was entrapped into selling $20 worth of marijuana to an undercover narcotics officer in Louisiana has been sentenced to life in prison, with hard labor, and no parole.

How authorities expected Winslow to survive is a mystery. Multiple convictions left him without money, unable to get a job, and ineligible for government food or housing assistance thanks to President Bill Clinton's "end to welfare as we know it" nearly 20 years ago.

“I do remember it was a very small amount of marijuana. It was ridiculously small."

Some judges are also outraged by minimum mandatory sentencing that destroys the lives of defendants.

Read more: Louisiana man gets life in prison for selling 20 worth of pot

Parts of the US are truly third world. Just no excuse for this.

And some USMess posters ^^^ really need to get psychiatric treatment.

Funny because while people like the OP have no problem with this type of over sentencing and even supports it. That leads him to another question he likes to ask about blacks: Why are so many in Jail?

Its circular logic....Lock 'em for life for minor offenses, then complain about how blacks are the majority of the population.

Its like being a dog catcher who hates pit bulls and then being baffled at why you have so many pit bulls in lock up

Too funny!!

It's still wrong.

It's much more cruel to leave him on the streets.
Now he has air conditioning during the summer, heat in the winter, a bed to sleep on, 3 meals per day and health care and dental care.

Bullshit! You said you wanted them "shot on site", those were your words. Now you own them like a man.

Death/being shot IS a form of punishment isn't it? It's also one that works at least marginally well in suggesting that others should refrain from committing the same offense.

In my mind there are only 2 effective punishments.... Death and Life w/o Parole.

The war on drugs has done nothing to curb drug use and has cost us trillions upon trillions of dollars.

But yeah let's keep it up after all we got nothing better to do with all that money

A hungry and homeless man who was entrapped into selling $20 worth of marijuana to an undercover narcotics officer in Louisiana has been sentenced to life in prison, with hard labor, and no parole.

How authorities expected Winslow to survive is a mystery. Multiple convictions left him without money, unable to get a job, and ineligible for government food or housing assistance thanks to President Bill Clinton's "end to welfare as we know it" nearly 20 years ago.

“I do remember it was a very small amount of marijuana. It was ridiculously small."

Some judges are also outraged by minimum mandatory sentencing that destroys the lives of defendants.

Funny because while people like the OP have no problem with this type of over sentencing and even supports it. That leads him to another question he likes to ask about blacks: Why are so many in Jail?

Its circular logic....Lock 'em for life for minor offenses, then complain about how blacks are the majority of the population.

Its like being a dog catcher who hates pit bulls and then being baffled at why you have so many pit bulls in lock up

He had plenty of chances to turn his life around.
He could have done it when he was caught at 17 for burglary or at 26 when he was selling cocaine.
it is also the persons responsibility to change their life and he did not do it.

Don't do the crime if you can't do the time. I'd rather see drug offenders shot on site when arrested rather than wasting our time prosecuting and incarceration these wastes of flesh and oxygen. He'd have saved everyone's time and energy just tying a brick to his ankle and going swimming.
Yeah, let's scrap the criminal justice system and just gun people down in the streets. What could go wrong?
CRIME would virtually grind to a HALT overnight... that's what could go wrong.

Our criminal justice system is a joke.

He had plenty of chances to turn his life around.
He could have done it when he was caught at 17 for burglary or at 26 when he was selling cocaine.
it is also the persons responsibility to change their life and he did not do it.

If this thread was about how someone has a chance to turn their life around....

The war on drugs has done nothing to curb drug use and has cost us trillions upon trillions of dollars.

But yeah let's keep it up after all we got nothing better to do with all that money

If we actually started fighting it like a War we would see much greater results....

Imagine Chris Kyle (or his equivalent) sitting in a hide on a rooftop in NYC overlooking a know drug sale area. He watches the transaction and then proceeds to drop the dealer with a round of 7.62 mm through the head. His 4th kill shot in that area that week. I imagine drug sales in that area would decrease rapidly.

If we actually started fighting it like a War we would see much greater results....

Imagine Chris Kyle (or his equivalent) sitting in a hide on a rooftop in NYC overlooking a know drug sale area. He watches the transaction and then proceeds to drop the dealer with a round of 7.62 mm through the head. His 4th kill shot in that area that week. I imagine drug sales in that area would decrease rapidly.

Yeah, no need to worry about that pesky constitution, huh? No need to worry about any mistakes that cannot be rectified. No need to address any acutal problems. Just gun them down.

And why stop with drug dealers? Speeding is one of the leading causes of fatal auto accidents. Why not start executing speeders? I bet it would cut down on people driving too fast. It would certainly help the traffic problems.

You want to live in a country where the government can kill it's own citizens with sniper fire?

WHat's wrong with you?

You want to live in a country where the government can kill it's own citizens with sniper fire?

WHat's wrong with you?

And isn't Anathema one of the ones who screams about the dems ignoring the US Constitution?

Yeah, no need to worry about that pesky constitution, huh? No need to worry about any mistakes that cannot be rectified. No need to address any acutal problems. Just gun them down.

And why stop with drug dealers? Speeding is one of the leading causes of fatal auto accidents. Why not start executing speeders? I bet it would cut down on people driving too fast. It would certainly help the traffic problems.

The US Constitution died during the first term of Abraham Lincoln. It was a flawed document to begin with and needs to be replaced.

There are no innocent people over age 5 in this world. Not you. Not me. Nobody. Dead Men/women Commit No Crimes.

I wouldn't stop with drug dealers. Speeders wouldn't be my next step, but they could be on the list. Drunk Drivers definitely would be.

Forum List

Back