Loudoun County, who is at the fight for no trans and no CRT

Think, dipshit. What happens when have a law that says you can’t discuss that might make a student uncomfortable.
Still waiting on your link to the laws making it illegal to discuss racism...............tic....toc.......

Like what policies do you think I support that indicates such?
Well, we are discussing the current form of 'CRT' being integrated into schools that the right is railing against. That is, essentially, what those policies are stating. The idea that racism is so pervasive in the nation, so inherent under it foundations and so deeply ingrained in our current political structures that it is not just a factor but a major, if not the major, determining factor in our lives. That is the basis of the asinine 'white privilege' claim. This is what the right is against and you seem to be supporting these changes as 'history' and truth.

Hence, it seems to me, you are supporting policies that 'see the kkk under your bed' aka see racism as pervasive and paramount through all US society.

Well, we are discussing the current form of 'CRT' being integrated into schools that the right is railing against. That is, essentially, what those policies are stating.
Let’s break this down. How is CRT being integrated in schools? Can you show an example of specific curriculum? From what I see, they are using claims of “CRT” to go after any thing involving diversity, equity or discussions of racism in society.

The idea that racism is so pervasive in the nation, so inherent under it foundations and so deeply ingrained in our current political structures that it is not just a factor but a major, if not the major, determining factor in our lives. That is the basis of the asinine 'white privilege' claim. This is what the right is against and you seem to be supporting these changes as 'history' and truth.
Then by and large, the right is against a theory taught mainly in higher education and law school and has been around for decades. They are against something that isn’t even taught in k12.

I actually haven’t given an opinion on CRT. It’s not something I know a lot about and I am not going to take the word of political pearl clutchers on it either.

If the argument is that racism is deeply engrained in our economic and social structures, as opposed to individuals, there can be some merit in that when you consider things such as the real estate industry and the loan industry….but again, this is NOT a K12 concept.

Hence, it seems to me, you are supporting policies that 'see the kkk under your bed' aka see racism as pervasive and paramount through all US society.
I think that is more projecting since I don’t know what policies you think I’m supporting. Is racism an issue for us as a country? Yes, I think it remains an issue. The low hanging fruit (the Archie Bunkers) have been plucked, but still have structures, built on racism, that remain and are more difficult to resolve. I am not, however, clutching any pearls or seeing every event through the lens of race. It is only one facet of our culture, but one that we have to find ways to deal with. Pretending it doesn’t exist by muzzling discussion of it in schools strikes as much the same as what the Chinese have done with Tianemen Square.

Let’s break this down. How is CRT being integrated in schools? Can you show an example of specific curriculum? From what I see, they are using claims of “CRT” to go after any thing involving diversity, equity or discussions of racism in society.

Then by and large, the right is against a theory taught mainly in higher education and law school and has been around for decades. They are against something that isn’t even taught in k12.

I actually haven’t given an opinion on CRT. It’s not something I know a lot about and I am not going to take the word of political pearl clutchers on it either.

If the argument is that racism is deeply engrained in our economic and social structures, as opposed to individuals, there can be some merit in that when you consider things such as the real estate industry and the loan industry….but again, this is NOT a K12 concept.

I think that is more projecting since I don’t know what policies you think I’m supporting. Is racism an issue for us as a country? Yes, I think it remains an issue. The low hanging fruit (the Archie Bunkers) have been plucked, but still have structures, built on racism, that remain and are more difficult to resolve. I am not, however, clutching any pearls or seeing every event through the lens of race. It is only one facet of our culture, but one that we have to find ways to deal with. Pretending it doesn’t exist by muzzling discussion of it in schools strikes as much the same as what the Chinese have done with Tianemen Square.
Merrick Gestapoland’s son in law seems to be making a lot of money selling CRT to schools.

Angry parents battling over critical race theory at rallies, outside school buildings and in rival Facebook groups. A teacher suing the school system after he was suspended for refusing to use transgender students’ pronouns. A raucous school board meeting that began with dueling protests over transgender rights and culminated in an arrest.

Loudoun County, a wealthy and diversifying slice of purple-turning-blue suburban Northern Virginia, is fast becoming the face of the nation’s culture wars.

“It’s unsettling to say the least, especially because it seems everybody is armed to the teeth these days,” said longtime resident Tom Mulrine, 77, who is White. “This could spark something.”

“It’s shameful,” said Wendall T. Fisher, 67, who said he was the first Black elected member of the Loudoun County School Board — and the only to date. “It’s just shameful.”

Loudoun is not the only place where furor over critical race theory, or CRT, is taking off. Conservative activists and pundits across the United States have weaponized the theory — a decades-old academic framework that holds that racism is woven into the country’s past and institutions — to claim that equity-conscious school systems are teaching children to hate one another, and White children to hate themselves.

What is critical race theory, and why do Republicans want to ban it in schools?

Politicians throughout the nation are responding: Republican-led legislatures in Idaho, Texas, Tennessee, Arkansas and Oklahoma have passed bills banning the teaching of certain race-related issues in schools.

Loudoun school officials have defended the district’s equity work and say it is not teaching critical race theory to students.

At the same time, lawmakers are pushing a raft of bills meant to restrict the rights of transgender students — the focus of a second, ongoing national conflagration. Some proposed measures would keep transgender girls from playing on girls’ sports teams, while others would bar doctors from giving hormones or gender-affirming surgeries to teenagers.

Nowhere in the country have both cultural fights so crystallized as in Loudoun, a county of roughly 420,000 just outside the nation’s capital, where the median income was $142,299 in 2019 (more than twice the national average). The brouhaha, especially the recent arrest at the School Board meeting, has left residents of all races, political loyalties and religious beliefs lamenting the disruption and discourtesy.

0:43 / 2:40

Settings

The Loudoun County Public Schools board cut short the public comment section of a school board meeting on June 22 after attendees became unruly. (Loudoun County School Board)

But none say they are surprised.

Some say it’s obvious why the county is stuck in the spotlight: It’s a wealthy place, where parents have resources to spare for advocacy campaigns. It’s populated by government professionals with media savvy and political ambitions. And the county has a long history of racial hatred: It was a hotbed of Confederate resistance, and its schools and community sites were among the last in the nation to desegregate.

It is also a place in transition; the population increased about 150 percent over the past 20 years. A huge reason for the rise is an influx of families of color: Although Loudoun was about 85 percent White in 2000, it was barely 60 percent White in 2020.
The politics are changing, too, in line with these demographic trends and with Virginia’s shifting landscape, switching from deep red to ever-deepening blue.

The pandemic — which forced parents inside and online, where they stewed in fear and frustration, then united in thousands-strong Facebook groups dedicated to advocacy regarding mask mandates and school reopenings — functioned like a lit match thrown on a rag soaked in gasoline, said Brenda Sheridan (Sterling), the Loudoun School Board chair.

“Loudoun was ripe for the picking,” said Sheridan, who is facing a recall campaign. “For somebody to just come and start a fire here.”

In Virginia governor’s race, a raging debate about education takes center stage

---------------------------------------------

I copied it all as I know you need to get a subscription to read it. It's the white people, the parents are creating and continuing to making their kids racist. The white people want to go back to 1960, and it will never happen.

Interesting phenomena. No K-12 schools anywhere in the country are teaching CRT. So a bunch of ignorant parents are showing up at school board meetings making themselves look like fools in front of their own children yelling about something that doesn’t exist and n front of their children who know it doesn’t exist.

Interesting phenomena. No K-12 schools anywhere in the country are teaching CRT. So a bunch of ignorant parents are showing up at school board meetings making themselves look like fools in front of their own children yelling about something that doesn’t exist and n front of their children who know it doesn’t exist.
:oops8:

:oops8:

The “phrase” appears on the VEC website? Let me let you in on a little secret. U have grandchildren in Va public schools, and they aren’t being taught CRT in their schools.

You are liar and a troll. Anything you post should immediately be put in the trash rooms.

The “phrase” appears on the VEC website? Let me let you in on a little secret. U have grandchildren in Va public schools, and they aren’t being taught CRT in their schools.

You are liar and a troll. Anything you post should immediately be put in the trash rooms.
Who to believe….the VA Dept of education, or a single digit IQ Dimtard innerweb hack?

Its a toss up.

True. schoolchildren aren't being taught the college-level Critical Race Theory - a radical leftist academic theory. Leftists are, however, instructing teachers to “embrace CRT in their teaching,” as evidenced by McAuliffe’s Dept of Ed’s memo. So teachers are being directed to incorporate the racist teachings behind CRT when interacting with white and black kids in their classrooms.

IOW, teachers, when you are instructing the kids, remember that the little white ones are racist and the little black ones are oppressed victims.

True. schoolchildren aren't being taught the college-level Critical Race Theory - a radical leftist academic theory. Leftists are, however, instructing teachers to “embrace CRT in their teaching,” as evidenced by McAuliffe’s Dept of Ed’s memo. So teachers are being directed to incorporate the racist teachings behind CRT when interacting with white and black kids in their classrooms.

IOW, teachers, when you are instructing the kids, remember that the little white ones are racist and the little black ones are oppressed victims.
Thank you. That whole thing sounds more like brainwashing or conditioning than education. This is no doubt one reason our country went from having one of the world's most educated populaces to # 25. The bottom line is you can't trust communists, or communist wanna bes that call themselves progressives.

Thank you. That whole thing sounds more like brainwashing or conditioning than education. This is no doubt one reason our country went from having one of the world's most educated populaces to # 25. The bottom line is you can't trust communists, or communist wanna bes that call themselves progressives.
Thanks. Leftists keep trying to defend this by insisting that schools are not teaching the theory. (And it IS just a theory - a worldview in which one group, the white-skinned people, are the oppressors who have created the concept of race specifically to keep another group, the dark-skinned people, oppressed. And that all white-created systems and institutions are designed to keep the oppression going.)

And they want teachers “to embrace” those teachings, as per a VA Dept of Ed memo under Maculiffe, when interacting with the little white-skinned and little dark-skinned kids in their classroom. It would create hostility to the “oppressors,” (and of course suppress opportunities for them) while leaning over backward to give opportunities to the “oppressed.”

It is the Dems’ attempt to codify anti-white racism. Thank G-d enough Virginians saw through all the lies, and said NO!

This! This is the evolving leftist escape hatch since CRT has been thoroughly stomped to death in
Virginia under failed gubernatorial candidate Terry McAuliffe.

The disingenuous claims that ANY discussion of racism or diversity will now be erased by calling everything
CRT is a red herring and just a blatant lie.

. How is CRT being integrated in schools?

It's the white people, the parents are creating and continuing to making their kids racist. The white people want to go back to 1960, and it will never happen.
Will of the majority? Consent of the governed? Youngkin won that election SPECIFICALLY because a majority of parents were angry that school boards were basically giving them the middle finger. McAuliffe forgot and said the quiet part out loud during a debate and he never could rebound. In fact, he doubled down, basically telling parents they had NO right to be part of the decisions of what their children would be taught.

They quickly showed him the door. This school board in Loudon county is doing basically the same thing Cali and Oregon did during Trump's administration. They have decided that they know better than the governor and how dare he meddle in "their" business. They seem to have decided to create their own de facto "sanctuary" area for non-binary students. They are so arrogant that they believe they have every right to dictate to the rest of the state, what will be taught and to determine the rules for how these children can interact with each other. If a kid in one of these schools is told to respect the "preferred pronouns" and they do an eye roll or simply refuse to do it while laughing at the idiocy of the "teachers" then this school board would likely want to suspend the kid or otherwise damage his transcript as a means of employing raw power to force compliance on a social issue.

The old guy in the piece who mentioned the potential for violence over these cultural issues, is right. Demanding parents bow to a school board that wants to teach their children something the parents find abhorrent, is a good way to create dissent and potential fighting.

Angry parents battling over critical race theory at rallies, outside school buildings and in rival Facebook groups. A teacher suing the school system after he was suspended for refusing to use transgender students’ pronouns. A raucous school board meeting that began with dueling protests over transgender rights and culminated in an arrest.

Loudoun County, a wealthy and diversifying slice of purple-turning-blue suburban Northern Virginia, is fast becoming the face of the nation’s culture wars.

“It’s unsettling to say the least, especially because it seems everybody is armed to the teeth these days,” said longtime resident Tom Mulrine, 77, who is White. “This could spark something.”

“It’s shameful,” said Wendall T. Fisher, 67, who said he was the first Black elected member of the Loudoun County School Board — and the only to date. “It’s just shameful.”

Loudoun is not the only place where furor over critical race theory, or CRT, is taking off. Conservative activists and pundits across the United States have weaponized the theory — a decades-old academic framework that holds that racism is woven into the country’s past and institutions — to claim that equity-conscious school systems are teaching children to hate one another, and White children to hate themselves.

What is critical race theory, and why do Republicans want to ban it in schools?

Politicians throughout the nation are responding: Republican-led legislatures in Idaho, Texas, Tennessee, Arkansas and Oklahoma have passed bills banning the teaching of certain race-related issues in schools.

Loudoun school officials have defended the district’s equity work and say it is not teaching critical race theory to students.

At the same time, lawmakers are pushing a raft of bills meant to restrict the rights of transgender students — the focus of a second, ongoing national conflagration. Some proposed measures would keep transgender girls from playing on girls’ sports teams, while others would bar doctors from giving hormones or gender-affirming surgeries to teenagers.

Nowhere in the country have both cultural fights so crystallized as in Loudoun, a county of roughly 420,000 just outside the nation’s capital, where the median income was $142,299 in 2019 (more than twice the national average). The brouhaha, especially the recent arrest at the School Board meeting, has left residents of all races, political loyalties and religious beliefs lamenting the disruption and discourtesy.

0:43 / 2:40

Settings

The Loudoun County Public Schools board cut short the public comment section of a school board meeting on June 22 after attendees became unruly. (Loudoun County School Board)

But none say they are surprised.

Some say it’s obvious why the county is stuck in the spotlight: It’s a wealthy place, where parents have resources to spare for advocacy campaigns. It’s populated by government professionals with media savvy and political ambitions. And the county has a long history of racial hatred: It was a hotbed of Confederate resistance, and its schools and community sites were among the last in the nation to desegregate.

It is also a place in transition; the population increased about 150 percent over the past 20 years. A huge reason for the rise is an influx of families of color: Although Loudoun was about 85 percent White in 2000, it was barely 60 percent White in 2020.
The politics are changing, too, in line with these demographic trends and with Virginia’s shifting landscape, switching from deep red to ever-deepening blue.

The pandemic — which forced parents inside and online, where they stewed in fear and frustration, then united in thousands-strong Facebook groups dedicated to advocacy regarding mask mandates and school reopenings — functioned like a lit match thrown on a rag soaked in gasoline, said Brenda Sheridan (Sterling), the Loudoun School Board chair.

“Loudoun was ripe for the picking,” said Sheridan, who is facing a recall campaign. “For somebody to just come and start a fire here.”

In Virginia governor’s race, a raging debate about education takes center stage

---------------------------------------------

I copied it all as I know you need to get a subscription to read it. It's the white people, the parents are creating and continuing to making their kids racist. The white people want to go back to 1960, and it will never happen.
This country started going to shit in the sixties when that atheist witch cried and then the commies backed the leftist flower children. 1960 was a much better time. Actually the fifties was the best time. Pregressives are the cancer, not white people, you racist piece of shit.

This country started going to shit in the sixties when that atheist witch cried and then the commies backed the leftist flower children. 1960 was a much better time. Actually the fifties was the best time. Pregressives are the cancer, not white people, you racist piece of shit.
Holy shit.

Take me back

Take me back

To a time when women and blacks “knew their place” huh?

Forum List

Back