"LOS ANGELES" Rams at Minnesota Vikings.

LA RAM FAN

Diamond Member
Mar 1, 2008
a week ago this would have been an exciting game even for a pre season game but with Bridgewaters season ending injury,the ONLY thing that will be interesting about this game is hearing the commentary on the new vikings stadium.:D

I hope they don't play our geriatric QB over-the-Hill tonight. Just play Stave and the scrubs. No sense getting any more people injured for nothing. Pretty sure they have the final roster figured out by now anyway. How are the Rams looking? Glad to see them back in LA. The Vikes and Rams had an epic rivalry back in the 70's.

Bridgewater was a back-up pretending to be a starter. Terrible pick by the Vikings.
I was hoping for Derek Carr or Jimmy Garrapolo, but they probably wouldn't have fared much better behind our porous line. Now we have finally shored up the o-line, this was supposed to be the no excuses year for Bridgewater. Now we'll have to rest our hopes on Hill and/or whatever castoff or sub we can trade for.

Bridgewater was a back-up pretending to be a starter. Terrible pick by the Vikings.
I was hoping for Derek Carr or Jimmy Garrapolo, but they probably wouldn't have fared much better behind our porous line. Now we have finally shored up the o-line, this was supposed to be the no excuses year for Bridgewater. Now we'll have to rest our hopes on Hill and/or whatever castoff or sub we can trade for.

You don't spend a 9 overall pick on a guy projected to be drafted in the 3rd round; just a stupid f'ing pick.

You don't spend a 9 overall pick on a guy projected to be drafted in the 3rd round; just a stupid f'ing pick.
Uh, we picked him at the end of the first round - trade with Seattle. We used the 9 pick for Anthony Barr, who is turning into a stud LB.

I hope they don't play our geriatric QB over-the-Hill tonight. Just play Stave and the scrubs. No sense getting any more people injured for nothing. Pretty sure they have the final roster figured out by now anyway. How are the Rams looking? Glad to see them back in LA. The Vikes and Rams had an epic rivalry back in the 70's.

How are the LOS ANGELES Rams looking? glad you asked.:thup:

So Far I am impressed with them. Moving back to LA where they belong has had a MAJOR effect on their play.:banana:

They won both of their home games and a major factor in them winning them was the players fed off the crowd noise.:thup: the LA Times printed an article how the players mentioned they gave them energy and were able to feed off the crowd.:thup:

I assume you did not see the Cowboys game on ESPN? They were down 21 to nothing at halftime and came back and won it in the final two minutes. The Rams in st louis,they would have packed it in at halftime and quit after being down by three touchdowns I guarantee you.

You are one of the few people here at this site that has any brains to realise that even if you are NOT a Rams fan,that its CRIMINAL to not care about the Rams coming back to LA as I tried to tell many idiots around here the last couple of years who said they did not care.:rolleyes:

I cannot think of a more asinine and childish name more stupid than st louis rams.How retarded is that? I would say Arizona Cardinals now takes the cake as the dumbest name for a football team.

The Rams when they were in st louis,I was always a fan of the other 31 teams that played them each week. The team that beat them that week,I loved that team.:up:

I refused to call them that.I called them "that team that plays in st louis" the new team I hate the most now is the Cardinals of course.I wont ever call them anything other than st louis cardinals.:D

I refuse to call the colts anything other than Baltimore colts as well.I call them the baltimore colts and the ravens the Indianapolis Ravens.

If the NFL were not idiots,they would change it that way so that Indy still has a team. st louis on the other hand does not deserve the cardinals back,It is not a football town and they have no loyalty to their team,they will take ANY team. they are such bandwagon fans.

Not that I ever liked the cardinals,just that like i said,Arizona cardinals is a really childish name for a football team as well.

when I hear that name mentioned i say-:anj_stfu: same as I always did while the rams were in stank louis.

Yeah too many fools around here are too stupid to understand just HOW IMPORTANT it really was for the Rams to be back in LA.

To your credit,you are one of the few who DO understand how critical it was for them to be back in LA where they belong.:thup:

See thats what so many idiots here dont get is "WHY" it was so important for the Rams to come back to LA even if they are NOT a Rams fan.:rolleyes:

They just could not grasp it like YOU have that the REASON it was critical and so important for the Rams to be back in LA is with them back in LA where they belong now,not only is that rivalry with the 49ers back again,but so is the rivalry they had in the 70's with not only your Vikings,but with the Cowboys as well.:thup::dance::clap2:

The past 21 years since the Rams were in stank louis,those long time rivalrys that they had with those three teams,they were dead and non existant the last two decades.:mad:

Not anymore though .That was a bad dream and horrible nightmare that is FINALLY over baby.:dance:

speaking of the vikings and LOS ANGELES Rams rivalry,doesnt this bring back fond memories for ya?:thup:

b8ecf91ab76ba637f3d7fa67bffa442f.jpg

since that is out in the sunny daylight,I am guessing that is a game in LA.lol

Last edited:

I dont know about that.Not being a viking fan,I never saw any of their games the past couple years except one which was the playoff game last year against the seahawks and he looked pretty good in THAT game at least.

So Far I am impressed with them. Moving back to LA where they belong has had a MAJOR effect on their play.:banana:

They won both of their home games and a major factor in them winning them was the players fed off the crowd noise.:thup: the LA Times printed an article how the players mentioned they gave them energy and were able to feed off the crowd.:thup:

I assume you did not see the Cowboys game on ESPN? They were down 21 to nothing at halftime and came back and won it in the final two minutes. The Rams in st louis,they would have packed it in at halftime and quit after being down by three touchdowns I guarantee you.

You are one of the few people here at this site that has any brains to realise that even if you are NOT a Rams fan,that its CRIMINAL to not care about the Rams coming back to LA as I tried to tell many idiots around here the last couple of years who said they did not care.:rolleyes:

I cannot think of a more asinine and childish name more stupid than st louis rams.How retarded is that? I would say Arizona Cardinals now takes the cake as the dumbest name for a football team.

The Rams when they were in st louis,I was always a fan of the other 31 teams that played them each week. The team that beat them that week,I loved that team.:up:

I refused to call them that.I called them "that team that plays in st louis" the new team I hate the most now is the Cardinals of course.I wont ever call them anything other than st louis cardinals.:D

I refuse to call the colts anything other than Baltimore colts as well.I call them the baltimore colts and the ravens the Indianapolis Ravens.

If the NFL were not idiots,they would change it that way so that Indy still has a team. st louis on the other hand does not deserve the cardinals back,It is not a football town and they have no loyalty to their team,they will take ANY team. they are such bandwagon fans.

Not that I ever liked the cardinals,just that like i said,Arizona cardinals is a really childish name for a football team as well.

when I hear that name mentioned i say-:anj_stfu: same as I always did while the rams were in stank louis.

Yeah too many fools around here are too stupid to understand just HOW IMPORTANT it really was for the Rams to be back in LA.

To your credit,you are one of the few who DO understand how critical it was for them to be back in LA where they belong.:thup:

See thats what so many idiots here dont get is "WHY" it was so important for the Rams to come back to LA even if they are NOT a Rams fan.:rolleyes:

They just could not grasp it like YOU have that the REASON it was critical and so important for the Rams to be back in LA is with them back in LA where they belong now,not only is that rivalry with the 49ers back again,but so is the rivalry they had in the 70's with not only your Vikings,but with the Cowboys as well.:thup::dance::clap2:

The past 21 years since the Rams were in stank louis,those long time rivalrys that they had with those three teams,they were dead and non existant the last two decades.:mad:

Not anymore though .That was a bad dream and horrible nightmare that is FINALLY over baby.:dance:

speaking of the vikings and LOS ANGELES Rams rivalry,doesnt this bring back fond memories for ya?:thup:

Ah, the old days with Foreman and Tarkenton. Your pic might be at the Met in Bloomington, MN. The Vikes are wearing home colors. My favorite game between the two was a playoff game where the Rams drove all the way to the goal line. They couldn't get it in, so on 4th down they tried a FG. It got blocked and ran all the way back for a TD!

Ah, the old days with Foreman and Tarkenton. Your pic might be at the Met in Bloomington, MN. The Vikes are wearing home colors. My favorite game between the two was a playoff game where the Rams drove all the way to the goal line. They couldn't get it in, so on 4th down they tried a FG. It got blocked and ran all the way back for a TD!

so DO you agree with me that all these USMB people who had the atttitude around here the last couple years of-"I dont care" are a bunch of idiots?

I mean if you are a football fan how can someone NOT care about them coming back to LA where they belong ESPECIALLY since this is the biggest sports story of the CENTURY other than when the USA hockey team beat Russia?

BECAUSE of that,even if they are NOT Ram fans,its asinine not to care since it is such a major sports story and like I said,not only is the rivalry with the niners renewed again,but ALSO with your vikings and cowboys they had with the 70's as well.:rolleyes::dance:

Thats why i say to "not care" is just being a plain idiot even if you are NOT a Rams fan.jesus christ.

man where were you two years ago dude? I could have used you back then on this thread when as you can see,I had all these idiots coming on there who REFUSED to look at the facts I posted that they were coming back to LA.:rolleyes: they all INSISTED they were never coming back and sadly,are all too arrogant and immature to congratuate me for calling it.to immature and childish to say-wow you called it,you were right,I was wrong.:rolleyes:

expect Rams to be back in LA next year.

anyways,got to run now and get ready for the game.Nice talking to you:thup: and thanks for contributing to thread and APPRECIATING how critical it was to have the Rams back in LA.:thup:

as i said,those rivalrys with the vikings,cowboys,and niners have been DEAD the last 21 years but they are back in full swing NOW.:thup::dance:

even in years when BOTH the niners and rams are horrible,both fanbases from both cities will get excited about those two teams playing each other twice a year now because of the histgory with the two teams.:thup:

here is to the best team that deserves this game tonight.:beer: good luck to your team this year without teddy,again sorry that happened to you guys. since your vikings are not going anywhere this year it looks like,you will have to pull for my Rams.deal?:biggrin:

Last edited:

Uh, we picked him at the end of the first round - trade with Seattle. We used the 9 pick for Anthony Barr, who is turning into a stud LB.

Was just going off the top of my head; it was a terrible pick. Reaching for a non franchise QB projected to go 3rd to 5th round. Too many GMs feel like they have to have a face at QB to save their jobs instead of doing things the right way.

I dont know about that.Not being a viking fan,I never saw any of their games the past couple years except one which was the playoff game last year against the seahawks and he looked pretty good in THAT game at least.

I've seen a lot. He does not make the reads. His throwing accuracy, especially beyond 10 yards sucks. Yes, he has some games that he's an okay game manager. Like I kinda said, he'd be a quality backup on most teams. He is not a franchise QB though.

Was just going off the top of my head; it was a terrible pick. Reaching for a non franchise QB projected to go 3rd to 5th round. Too many GMs feel like they have to have a face at QB to save their jobs instead of doing things the right way.
Well, you gotta understand that we had absolute crap at QB. We had Ponder, who we reached for too, Joe Webb, and some geriatric backup. We desperately needed a QB, and Bortles and Manziel were already off the board. (Thank God that Manziel was already gone!) The braintrust must have felt that Bridgewater was the best remaining option and wouldn't be on the board when their 2nd round pick came up. A bit of a reach, but a serviceable QB. Now we have to start all over again.

Yeah, I had a hard time with a lot of the franchise moves. The Rams will always be the LA Rams to me, although they were originally from Cleveland. The Cards likewise identify with St Louis even though they originated in Chicago. The Colts in Indy just seems wrong. If the Vikes moved from Minnesota, they just wouldn't have the same identity. I'd probably still support them though.

so DO you agree with me that all these USMB people who had the atttitude around here the last couple years of-"I dont care" are a bunch of idiots?

I mean if you are a football fan how can someone NOT care about them coming back to LA where they belong ESPECIALLY since this is the biggest sports story of the CENTURY other than when the USA hockey team beat Russia?

BECAUSE of that,even if they are NOT Ram fans,its asinine not to care since it is such a major sports story and like I said,not only is the rivalry with the niners renewed again,but ALSO with your vikings and cowboys they had with the 70's as well.:rolleyes::dance:

Thats why i say to "not care" is just being a plain idiot even if you are NOT a Rams fan.jesus christ.

man where were you two years ago dude? I could have used you back then on this thread when as you can see,I had all these idiots coming on there who REFUSED to look at the facts I posted that they were coming back to LA.:rolleyes: they all INSISTED they were never coming back and sadly,are all too arrogant and immature to congratuate me for calling it.to immature and childish to say-wow you called it,you were right,I was wrong.:rolleyes:

expect Rams to be back in LA next year.

anyways,got to run now and get ready for the game.Nice talking to you:thup: and thanks for contributing to thread and APPRECIATING how critical it was to have the Rams back in LA.:thup:

as i said,those rivalrys with the vikings,cowboys,and niners have been DEAD the last 21 years but they are back in full swing NOW.:thup::dance:

even in years when BOTH the niners and rams are horrible,both fanbases from both cities will get excited about those two teams playing each other twice a year now because of the histgory with the two teams.:thup:

here is to the best team that deserves this game tonight.:beer: good luck to your team this year without teddy,again sorry that happened to you guys. since your vikings are not going anywhere this year it looks like,you will have to pull for my Rams.deal?:biggrin:
Didn't get to see the game, will have to watch the replay. Checked the score and saw that the Vikes won 27-25! So we have the bragging rights over the meaningless preseason game. WOOT!

I'm happy for you and all the other LA Ram fans that you finally have your team back. Are you getting a new stadium? Anyway, good luck to you the rest of the season. I think that despite the loss of Bridgewater, we still have a strong defense, special teams, and running game. If we can just get mediocre passing from Hill or whoever we can pick up, we'll still be in contention. I'll root for the Rams to succeed unless they're playing the Vikings.

Well, you gotta understand that we had absolute crap at QB. We had Ponder, who we reached for too, Joe Webb, and some geriatric backup. We desperately needed a QB, and Bortles and Manziel were already off the board. (Thank God that Manziel was already gone!) The braintrust must have felt that Bridgewater was the best remaining option and wouldn't be on the board when their 2nd round pick came up. A bit of a reach, but a serviceable QB. Now we have to start all over again.

I understand perfectly as someone who follows the Vikings. Having a bad QB is not an excuse for misusing a pick. The Vikes could have traded that pick for two seconds or something of the sort and got the same QB or something comparable. Frankly, it's not like there weren't other QBs rated higher than Bridgewater at the time. And yea, it was another Ponder pick when they could've just stuck with Ponder if worse came to worse, frankly. But you don't make an equally sh** pick and hope it'll work out better just because it's something different. You don't reach on a mediocre QB out of desperation. I won't call it a bust; it just wasn't the right pick, though.

Teddy wouldn't have played tonight anyways.

I understand perfectly as someone who follows the Vikings. Having a bad QB is not an excuse for misusing a pick. The Vikes could have traded that pick for two seconds or something of the sort and got the same QB or something comparable. Frankly, it's not like there weren't other QBs rated higher than Bridgewater at the time. And yea, it was another Ponder pick when they could've just stuck with Ponder if worse came to worse, frankly. But you don't make an equally sh** pick and hope it'll work out better just because it's something different. You don't reach on a mediocre QB out of desperation. I won't call it a bust; it just wasn't the right pick, though.

Your trying to say Teddy is no better than Ponder? Ponder couldn't make teams pay, for stacking 9 in a box for Adrian. He is utterly worthless. Teddy was starting to look pretty solid this preseason. Mechanics were much improved. The sad part is, Rick Speilman, has never had a backup plan for his QBs. And for that, the season will be flushed.

Your trying to say Teddy is no better than Ponder? Ponder couldn't make teams pay, for stacking 9 in a box for Adrian. He is utterly worthless. Teddy was starting to look pretty solid this preseason. Mechanics were much improved. The sad part is, Rick Speilman, has never had a backup plan for his QBs. And for that, the season will be flushed.

Nor can Teddy make d's pay for stackign the box. And Teddy is frankly the beneficiary of an improved o-line. I'd take Ponder over Bridgewater, who I don't even think was necessarily an improvement on T-Jack, frankly. Rick Spielman is not a very good GM, imo. He's not the worst; but he's not that good either.

Nor can Teddy make d's pay for stackign the box. And Teddy is frankly the beneficiary of an improved o-line. I'd take Ponder over Bridgewater, who I don't even think was necessarily an improvement on T-Jack, frankly. Rick Spielman is not a very good GM, imo. He's not the worst; but he's not that good either.

Improved o-line? Wait what? The o line has been horrid. First several games in 2015, Teddy was running for his life. And Teddy didn't have the 2012 Adrian, who scorched the NFL. Ponder is top 5 worst QB I have witnessed. Teddy may not ever be a superstar gun slinger, but at least he doesn't panic after one read. Ponder is a classy guy, but not NFL material. Teddy was starting to develop late last season, and looked even better this preseason.

With that being said, you need a stud QB playing indoors. NFL history agrees. Warner, Manning, Brees. The only 3 indoor QBs to wear rings.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back