Looks like Trump *can* run for office again..

peacefan

VIP Member
Reaction score
According to little-repeated news on CNN-US, Trump stands to see 5 to 7 Republicans vote to convict him, while 17 to 18 would be needed to achieve said conviction..

However, given how Trump clearly plays his base like a bunch of pawns to (re-)vote him into power, even responding semi-enthusiastically to their violence, i hope Trump loses the primaries during any next run of his. I also hope the business world continues to ostracize him.

Polishprince

Diamond Member
Reaction score
According to little-repeated news on CNN-US, Trump stands to see 5 to 7 Republicans vote to convict him, while 17 to 18 would be needed to achieve said conviction..

However, given how Trump clearly plays his base like a bunch of pawns to (re-)vote him into power, even responding semi-enthusiastically to their violence, i hope Trump loses the primaries during any next run of his. I also hope the business world continues to ostracize him.

I can appreciate your view that "America shouldn't try to achieve Greatness, and MAGA is bullshit and Trump should be defeated".

But why the hatred and your desire to try and impoverish the Trump Family? Just because you disagree with the gentleman's politics?

wamose

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Trump won't get any of the big establishment money. That'll go to the crooked insiders. But he will get middle class, working men's money.

Polishprince

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Trump won't get any of the big establishment money. That'll go to the crooked insiders. But he will get middle class, working men's money.

Trump is the only Republican in 2024 that stands a chance of a snowball in you-know-where of vanquishing the Democrats. Not a single establishment Republican has a record of accomplishment that the Middle Class can see. And there isn't a long enough time between now and 2024 for the Bushes or Romney or Kasich or Flake to achieve enough to convince the people.

Moonglow

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Trump will not have any money to run on.
His base of fools will send their SS/welfare checks to fund his campaign and you know they will. Heck I want them to.

MAGA!
Still won't be enough since they are a minority and many will be in jail or still paying off their incursion to the Capitol. Of course Christian organizations are helping them to pay off their sins.

TheParser

Platinum Member
Reaction score

For goodness' sake!

Trump haters do not need to worry.

The Donald is not stupid.

He has gotten the word: The Establishment will NOT let him win again. He is toast.

During the next four years, he will be busy dealing with possible bankruptcy or even incarceration.

He has learned his lesson.

He will be a good little boy now and stop challenging the Establishment.

OP
peacefan

peacefan

VIP Member
Reaction score

I can appreciate your view that "America shouldn't try to achieve Greatness, and MAGA is bullshit and Trump should be defeated".

But why the hatred and your desire to try and impoverish the Trump Family? Just because you disagree with the gentleman's politics?
he's far from a gentleman. he's a pathological liar who won't even pay workers who performed their jobs well.

gipper

Libertarian/Anarchist
Reaction score

For goodness' sake!

Trump haters do not need to worry.

The Donald is not stupid.

He has gotten the word: The Establishment will NOT let him win again. He is toast.

During the next four years, he will be busy dealing with possible bankruptcy or even incarceration.

He has learned his lesson.

He will be a good little boy now and stop challenging the Establishment.
Why would he run again? He failed miserably. No one in their right mind would vote for the dumb asshole again.

When you lose to a fanatical neocon in Dumb Joe, you need to hide your face in shame.

jbrownson0831

Diamond Member
Reaction score

They can't see clearly through their TDS glasses.

bear513

Diamond Member
Reaction score

Trump is the only Republican in 2024 that stands a chance of a snowball in you-know-where of vanquishing the Democrats. Not a single establishment Republican has a record of accomplishment that the Middle Class can see. And there isn't a long enough time between now and 2024 for the Bushes or Romney or Kasich or Flake to achieve enough to convince the people.
Nikki can do it

BlindBoo

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Ya pay yer money and ya takes yer chances.

jknowgood

Diamond Member
Reaction score

You are the poster child for liberal tolerance.

OP
peacefan

peacefan

VIP Member
Reaction score

You are the poster child for liberal tolerance.
no, i'm the poster child for common sense, honesty and justice..
i'm also a moderate conservative.

Pogo

Diamond Member
Reaction score

Even if Rump is permitted to run for anything again, he's so toxic that the RP wants him nowhere near --- which is why those who do will vote to convict.

Even if he did run and amass primaries, it's completely up to the party to decide who its nominee is. Ask Teddy Roosevelt how much walking in to the convention with the primaries under your belt is worth if the party doesn't want your ass.

LAUGHatLEFTISTS

Diamond Member
Reaction score

How peaceful of you!

LAUGHatLEFTISTS

Diamond Member
Reaction score

Even if Rump is permitted to run for anything again, he's so toxic that the RP wants him nowhere near --- which is why those who do will vote to convict.

Even if he did run and amass primaries, it's completely up to the party to decide who its nominee is. Ask Teddy Roosevelt how much walking in to the convention with the primaries under your belt is worth if the party doesn't want your ass.
Or you could ask crazy Bernie!

Most reactions - Past 7 days

Forum List