Looks like Plan B is out

eagle7-31

Diamond Member
Mar 24, 2020

if bird brain Biden does not win election night. Demrats sure are messed up.

The plan fails if either (1) the D's lose the House or (2) the D's lose a majority of the House state delegations, the President is chose by the House with each state getting one vote for the delegation.

I thought Plan B was the SCOTUS deciding it after RepublicRats added their nominee and if Trump lost.

The plan fails if either (1) the D's lose the House or (2) the D's lose a majority of the House state delegations, the President is chose by the House with each state getting one vote for the delegation.

I thought Plan B was the SCOTUS deciding it after RepublicRats added their nominee and if Trump lost.
Depends. The demrat trash if they come up short in November will try what the posted article states....from Czarina Pelosi herself.

"SCOTUS deciding it after RepublicRats added their nominee" -- don't understand that, what nominee? Are you suggesting that if Trump lost the GOP would put forth a different nominee? Haven't seen that scenario out there yet.

I would assume that ACB is confirmed and will be the 9th SCOTUS Justice, maybe after Election Day. I see no reason for her to recuse herself, but if she did or wasn't confirmed yet by the Senate then it's conceivable that the SCOTUS could end up in a 4-4 tie, and that would throw the whole mess into the House. So, the way I see it:

Plan A - somebody wins outright

Plan B - the result are challenged in Court, ending up at the SCOTUS

Plan C - The whole mess ends up decided by the House of Reps

Seems like a long shot, but I guess it is possible that Pelosi ends up as the President pro tem. In 2016, Trump won 30 states; it is somewhat hard to believe the Dems will get 5 of them to switch.

Idle thought - even if the Dems keep the House, will they keep Pelosi as the Speaker? Just askin'.

"SCOTUS deciding it after RepublicRats added their nominee" -- don't understand that, what nominee? Are you suggesting that if Trump lost the GOP would put forth a different nominee? Haven't seen that scenario out there yet.

I would assume that ACB is confirmed and will be the 9th SCOTUS Justice, maybe after Election Day. I see no reason for her to recuse herself, but if she did or wasn't confirmed yet by the Senate then it's conceivable that the SCOTUS could end up in a 4-4 tie, and that would throw the whole mess into the House. So, the way I see it:

Seems like a long shot, but I guess it is possible that Pelosi ends up as the President pro tem. In 2016, Trump won 30 states; it is somewhat hard to believe the Dems will get 5 of them to switch.

Agree. By nominee I meant the SCOTUS nominee. I think that Trump won't win all those states.

Agree. By nominee I meant the SCOTUS nominee. I think that Trump won't win all those states.

OK. I'm pretty sure that the Dems will fight like hell to delay and obstruct the ACB confirmation. Some senators have come down with COVID-19, if more get sick then who knows how that goes? But I thought I read that the Senate Judiciary Committee only needs a quorum to conduct their meetings, meaning a simple majority of 51%. Assuming they still have more Repubs than Dems, I suspect they can push it through their committee unless things get really bad. Then comes the vote of the full Senate, which will also be delayed by the Dems but I suspect they can't delay it until after the election is brought to the SCOTUS. Doubtless they will leave no stone unturned to do that. Much depends on who wins and by how much and how many 2016 red states got flipped. At this point, your guess is a good as mine, and frankly I have no idea.

OK. I'm pretty sure that the Dems will fight like hell to delay and obstruct the ACB confirmation. Some senators have come down with COVID-19, if more get sick then who knows how that goes? But I thought I read that the Senate Judiciary Committee only needs a quorum to conduct their meetings, meaning a simple majority of 51%. Assuming they still have more Repubs than Dems, I suspect they can push it through their committee unless things get really bad. Then comes the vote of the full Senate, which will also be delayed by the Dems but I suspect they can't delay it until after the election is brought to the SCOTUS. Doubtless they will leave no stone unturned to do that. Much depends on who wins and by how much and how many 2016 red states got flipped. At this point, your guess is a good as mine, and frankly I have no idea.

I'm just hoping it does not get to that point frankly. :(

I'm just hoping it does not get to that point frankly. :(

Me too.

Idle thought - even if the Dems keep the House, will they keep Pelosi as the Speaker? Just askin'.
What is to say that Kevin McCarthy the Republican whip, ends up taking the gavel from the bitch Pelosi and ends up President?

What is to say that Kevin McCarthy the Republican whip, ends up taking the gavel from the bitch Pelosi and ends up President?

Well, not to piss on your corn flakes, but I don't hear much about the House flipping to the GOP. Could happen I guess, but it ain't expected. And it would only be temporary until the decision is finally made as to who won the election.

So, the way I see it:

Let me throw a better theory out there.

If there is no outright winner comes january 3rd, or it's endlessly tied up in the courts, it's the start of a 17 day countdown to the biggest showdown in history. With the house picking the new president, and the senate the vice president This where whoever controls the house and the senate determines the next president.

Voting by state, the republicans have the advantage, no matter who controls congress, and in a straight vote the republicans would win both the presidency and vice presidency. BUT.... this is where the Mitch McConnell rule comes in. If the democrats control both the house an the senate, as above a straight vote would have the republicans win. But like with Merrick Garland, that requires they schedule a vote.

If the house doesn't schedule a vote, and the senate doesn't schedule a vote, then the 20th amendment picks the president on January 20th.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back