Look at what nations Trump's updated ban affects

usmbguest5318

Gold Member
Jan 1, 2017
D.C.
Take a look at the countries from which immigrants are banned. (Just look at the "blue" countries, save for Iraq, for this post. I just used the map below because it's clear and convenient.)

whereBorn.jpg

Of the six countries in the updated ban, how many of them have diplomatic relations with the U.S? Well, the U.S. doesn't currently have diplomatic relations with: Iran, Syria, Yemen or Libya. People in those nations have to leave their own nation to even get to a U.S. embassy to than apply apply for a visa to go to the U.S. Could choosing those nations have been any more "tits on a bull?" Why didn't he just add North Korea to the list? He may as well have for all the "teeth" the ban actually has.

So what countries are actually affected? Somalia and Sudan. Call me crazy if you want, but it's curious indeed that the two countries that are directly affected -- people there can't go to the U.S. Embassy/Consulate there to apply for immigration -- are the two that are populated mostly with black people.

Libya is the new uprising ISIS nest. Not that anybody wants to talk about that as Putin and Trump are so busy rescuing the world from Syria before hand.

FWIW, I know one source claims there are something like 100K Somalian refugees that have come to the U.S. since 9/11, including some 8600 in fiscal 2016. I don't know how that reconciles with the figures Pew has shared as there is a 20K person gap in the total figures presented by Pew and the other source.

According to Pew, a sizeable share of Somalian and Sudanese refugees/immigrants settle in Minnesota and South Dakota. Why for the love of Christ they end up there is beyond me. I don't even have a reason to go to SD, so you know I can't say why the hell someone from Sudan or Somalia would go there.

Take a look at the countries from which immigrants are banned. (Just look at the "blue" countries, save for Iraq, for this post. I just used the map below because it's clear and convenient.)

whereBorn.jpg

Of the six countries in the updated ban, how many of them have diplomatic relations with the U.S? Well, the U.S. doesn't currently have diplomatic relations with: Iran, Syria, Yemen or Libya. People in those nations have to leave their own nation to even get to a U.S. embassy to than apply apply for a visa to go to the U.S. Could choosing those nations have been any more "tits on a bull?" Why didn't he just add North Korea to the list? He may as well have for all the "teeth" the ban actually has.

So what countries are actually affected? Somalia and Sudan. Call me crazy if you want, but it's curious indeed that the two countries that are directly affected -- people there can't go to the U.S. Embassy/Consulate there to apply for immigration -- are the two that are populated mostly with black people.

Did you even bother to proof your OP. What the hell does this sentence mean?
People in those nations have to leave their own nation to even get to a U.S. embassy to than apply apply for a visa to go to the U.S.

Libya is the new uprising ISIS nest. Not that anybody wants to talk about that as Putin and Trump are so busy rescuing the world from Syria before hand.

I don't know how strong ISIS is in Libya. The maps I see on that matter cover Iraq and Syria.

I've seen widely varying reports of ISIS' actual fighting strength in Libya. Be that as it may, we don't have diplomatic relations with Libya, and that we don't is central the observation in the OP. Libyans still have to leave Libya to get to a U.S. embassy/consulate to even apply for a visa to enter the U.S. Regardless of what one thinks about Libyan ISIS members posing as refugees in order to gain entry to the U.S., they have to find their way to a place outside of their own country before they can even think about knocking on a U.S. embassy's door to ask for a visa application. That's actually not all that easy to do when one isn't from the country in which the embassy is located, especially when one isn't particularly well known.

Forum List

Back