London Fog: Consumerism Devil's Advocate

Abishai100

VIP Member
Sep 22, 2013
Consumerism society creates distinct perspectives on trends and market orientations (e.g., Wall Street spotlights).

We know from deductive analysis that computation offers us 'crazy' conceptions of maximums and odd values --- e.g., Zorn's lemma (occurrence of maximal elements in a 'pre-ordained' ordered chain of values) and Primes (odd numbers with no divisors).

London Fog for example is a 'well-known' clothing (trench-coat) company of great esteem/success and is considered a 'constant' in an otherwise unpredictable/chaotic 'sea' of fashions.

Establishing 'constants/anchors' in our 'universe' of dynamic changes requires an evaluation of dependability.

This is the challenge of modern capitalism/consumerism --- establishing 'sanity' in the otherwise 'insane world' of the frenzied-shopper (e.g., Black Friday).

Consider therefore an imaginary/hypothetical 'United Nations Fashion Council' (which changes membership annually with global elections and elects members from all classes/cultures of the world). Such a 'council' would not only stabilize consumerism biases detrimental to politics-oriented free-trade 'currents' (e.g., European Union), but it would also complement modern-day networking-compasses such as Facebook!

Is the Trump Administration equipped to handle such a 'game'? This question will determine America's 'brand' of leadership in this new era of commerce-driven 'IQ' (e.g., NASDAQ).

Consider this hypothetical mock-dialogue between two fictional A.I. robots (from the A.I. fantasy-adventure franchise Transformers), Ultra Magnus (prudent first-knight robot of the heroic 'Autobots') and Cyclonus (diabolical first knight robot of the Machiavellian 'Decepticons') about 'Amazon.com universe IQ.'

====

ULTRA MAGNUS: London Fog has become a 'sanity-stabilizer' in humanity's 'fashion-economics.'
CYCLONUS: It's a 'quaint' trench-coat company offering consumers 'steady design trends.'
ULTRA MAGNUS: Consumerism culture creates a demand for 'iconic brands.'
CYCLONUS: Certainly General Motors, Tylenol, and Polo are iconic brands...
ULTRA MAGNUS: The 21st Century will be about Wal-Mart and Microsoft.
CYCLONUS: Network streamlining 'couture' (e.g., 'Facebook phenomenon') represents globalization!
ULTRA MAGNUS: It's no wonder Americans like network-imagination films such as Celebrity and Toys!
CYCLONUS: Those two films starred Kenneth Branagh and Robin Williams who both appeared in Hamlet.
ULTRA MAGNUS: It's almost 'fun' to analyze 'consumerism trophies.'
CYCLONUS: Yes, it's imaginative, but it's also a 'profiteer's game' (i.e., Wall Street).
ULTRA MAGNUS: There are distinctions between piracy and ingenuity, Cyclonus!
CYCLONUS: True, but who should be elected to govern over 'fashion'?
ULTRA MAGNUS: Access to shopping resources on the modern network creates its own 'order' (i.e., QVC).
CYCLONUS: As long as competitive bargaining is part of networking, there will be piracy and monopolies.
ULTRA MAGNUS: There must be a way to appreciate the contributions of market innovators (i.e., Bill Gates)!
CYCLONUS: Maybe Hollywood should make a film about 'fashion police' starring Charlize Theron!

====

lfog.jpg

Forum List

Back