LOL...New York City installs vending machines dispensing free crack pipes

Of course, I belong in jail for my opinions. Just crucify me now for being a realist about human behavior.

:rolleyes:

iu

Would you rather have Narcan in the hands of opioid users, so they can treat themselves, or have taxpayers pick up the bill for ER visits?

No need for an ER visit. Travolta was able to resolve Uma Thurman's OD experience without going to the hospital and without it costing the taxpayers a dime.

No need for an ER visit. Travolta was able to resolve Uma Thurman's OD experience without going to the hospital and without it costing the taxpayers a dime.
IMO? I think that is sort of the philosophy behind this machine.

I don't really get how the nasal one works, if the person is so ODed they are unconscious though.

BUT, heaven forbid you even suggest that these druggies have access to these sort of meds, or Resic thinks you belong in jail with them, just for the mere suggestion. :rolleyes:

The problem is, of course, since access is free, the first dealer to come by, will empty the stock of it, and resell them to his client base, in all probability.

I endorse this for all DemoKKKrat-run shitholes across the nation. Hasten your own decline, leftists!

New York City installed a vending machine that dispenses free crack pipes, fentanyl test strips, Narcan (an overdose reversal drug) and condoms.

Public health officials unveiled the machine on Monday in Brooklyn at 1676 Broadway, ABC7 New York reported. Less than 24 hours after its installation the machine was empty, according to the New York Post.

The machine cost the city $11,000 to install, and it also offers residents free COVID-19 testing, feminine sanitation products, hygiene kits, Vitamin C, and first aid kits. Residents must simply enter their zip code to gain access.

The vending machine is part of the city’s effort to reduce overdose deaths by 15% by 2025, according to a health department press release.

FOX News, Jesse Watters sent his producer Johnny out to the site. The neighbors are going ballistic! The machine was cleaned out in less than 24 hours EXCEPT for the Narcan and Fentanyl test strips.

The adage "you just can't fix stupid" comes to mind.

FOX News, Jesse Watters sent his producer Johnny out to the site. The neighbors are going ballistic! The machine was cleaned out in less than 24 hours EXCEPT for the Narcan and Fentanyl test strips.

The adage "you just can't fix stupid" comes to mind.

Once the fentanyl is tested, its useless to the addict. Its a chemical reaction that makes it impossible to get loaded on. Narcan isn't as popular as you might think as well. it ruins the buzz from the smack and can really piss off the customer if he isn't on the verge of literal death.

GBS § 851-a. Manufacture of drug-related paraphernalia​

Any person, firm or corporation who manufactures drug-related paraphernalia intending, or under circumstances evincing knowledge, that such paraphernalia is to be used in connection with one or more of the drug-related purposes specified in subdivision two of section eight hundred fifty of this article shall be guilty of a class A misdemeanor.

Looks like it is legal to give it away for "free" at taxpayer expense...

GBS § 851. Possession and sale of drug-related paraphernalia​

It shall be a violation of this article for any person, firm or corporation to possess with intent to sell, offer for sale, or purchase drug-related paraphernalia under circumstances evincing knowledge that the paraphernalia is possessed, sold or purchased for one or more of the drug-related purposes stated in subdivision two of section eight hundred fifty of this article.

There is nothing preventing a minor from using these vending machines!

Link to relevant NY drug paraphernalia laws...

And yes, the syringes are coming....

nyc01.jpg

And of course, a commitment to equity is required....
nyc02.jpg

Sometimes cops need to bend the rules and used the batons in order to send a message to the thugs.
That isn't what taking cash under the table from gangs and drug dealers, not to enforce the law is about.

Bending rules to enforce the law is one thing, looking the other way, because you are on the take, is entirely another.

You have no idea what that whole Serpicio thing is about. Do you? :rolleyes:

Ah, so we ARE talking about the Bidens.
Unfortunately, the corruption of the police unions knows no party. It runs so deep, it goes into both parties. Just like the corruption of the corporations, the media, and the unions, it is a non-partisan problem.

When the mafia and cartels start corrupting the nations, the political systems, and governments, that is not the fault of any one particular political ideology. Folks that close themselves off to understanding this, become part of the problem, not the solution.

". . . But I also saw the good side of cops. I saw them standing on the running board of a car they had commandeered to chase a thief. When I was a few years older, and I wounded myself with a self-made zip gun, my mother took me to the hospital and two cops showed up, demanding, “Where’s the gun?” I said I had no gun, that I’d just found a shell and when I tried to take the casing off, it exploded. They looked at me skeptically and asked me where I went to school. I said, “St. Francis Prep, and I want to be a cop just like you.” They said, “If you don’t smarten up you’ll never make it that far.” But they didn’t give me a juvenile citation, as they could have. So I knew there were good cops out there.

I wasn’t naive when I entered the force as a rookie patrolman on Sept. 11, 1959, either. I knew that some cops took traffic money, but I had no idea of the institutionalized graft, corruption and nepotism that existed and was condoned until one evening I was handed an envelope by another officer. I had no idea what was in it until I went to my car and found that it contained my share of the “nut,” as it was called (a reference to squirrels hiding their nuts; some officers buried the money in jars buried in their backyards). Still, back then I was naive enough to believe that within the system there was someone who was not aware of what was going on and, once informed, would take immediate action to correct it.

I was wrong. The first place I went was to the mayor’s department of investigation, where I was told outright I had a choice: 1) Force their hand, meaning I would be found face down in the East River; or 2) Forget about it. The rest you know, especially if you’ve seen the movie. After refusing to take money myself, but coming under relentless pressure to do so, I went successively to the inspector’s office, the mayor’s office and the district attorney. They each promised me action and didn’t deliver. The lobbying power of the police was too strong. I discovered that I was all but alone in a world of institutionalized graft, where keeping the “pad” – all the money they skimmed – meant that officers spent more time tabulating their piece of the cake more than as guardians of the peace.

Over the years, politicians who wanted to make a difference didn’t. They were too beholden to the police unions and the police vote. I wrote a letter to President Bill Clinton in 1994 addressing this very issue, saying that honest cops have never been rewarded, and maybe there ought to be a medal for them. He wrote back, but nothing changed. In New York City, then-Mayor Michael Bloomberg professed that things were going to change, but in the end he went right along with his commissioner, Ray Kelly, who was allowed to do whatever he wanted. Kelly had been a sergeant when I was on the force, and he’d known about the corruption, as did Murphy.

As for Barack Obama and his attorney general, Eric Holder, they’re giving speeches now, after Ferguson. But it’s 20 years too late. It’s the same old problem of political power talking, and it doesn’t matter that both the president and his attorney general are African-American. Corruption is color blind. Money and power corrupt, and they are color blind too.

Only a few years ago, a cop who was in the same 81st Precinct I started in, Adrian Schoolcraft, was actually taken to a psych ward and handcuffed to a gurney for six days after he tried to complain about corruption – they wanted him to keep to a quota of summonses, and he wasn’t complying. No one would have believed him except he hid a tape recorder in his room, and recorded them making their demands. Now he’s like me, an outcast.

Every time I speak out on topics of police corruption and brutality, there are inevitably critics who say that I am out of touch and that I am old enough to be the grandfather of many of the cops who are currently on the force. But I’ve kept up the struggle, working with lamp lighters to provide them with encouragement and guidance; serving as an expert witness to describe the tactics that police bureaucracies use to wear them down psychologically; testifying in support of independent boards; developing educational guidance to young minority citizens on how to respond to police officers; working with the American Civil Liberties Union to expose the abuses of stun-gun technology in prisons; and lecturing in more high schools, colleges and reform schools than I can remember. A little over a decade ago, when I was a presenter at the Top Cops Award event hosted by TV host John Walsh, several police officers came up to me, hugged me and then whispered in my ear, “I gotta talk to you. . . . ”

Once the fentanyl is tested, its useless to the addict. Its a chemical reaction that makes it impossible to get loaded on. Narcan isn't as popular as you might think as well. it ruins the buzz from the smack and can really piss off the customer if he isn't on the verge of literal death.

True. Narcan has no street value.

Forum List

Back