Lol according to the media, Climate change is sabotaging education for American students – and it’s only getting worse

Theowl32

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 2013

Climate change is sabotaging education for American students – and it’s only getting worse​

Caroline Preston
Sun, September 19, 2021, 5:00 AM·

The wildfires that ripped through California towns torched school buildings and postponed the start of school as students and teachers were left homeless. A deadly deluge in Tennessee flooded schools and delayed classes as rescue teams searched for dozens of people who’d gone missing. Students around the country were dismissed early due to heat waves and Hurricane Ida, while smoke settled over towns and cities as far east as Philadelphia, sending kids inside for recess.

This summer brought not only a resurgence of the coronavirus but also some of the starkest evidence yet of the devastating toll that climate change will take on the planet – and on the lives and learning of children. As humans continue to unleash greenhouse gases into the atmosphere, fires, hurricanes, floods, droughts and heat waves are intensifying, in some cases forcing kids to flee their homes and classrooms and shattering their sense of security.

I wonder if this "caroline preston" has given up her addiction to guzzling fossil fuels. I wonder if this "caroline preston" voluntarily pays more taxes for the planet.

Lol

Sigh

Never mind. Global climate change that the left don't do anything about is effecting AMERICAN STUDENTS.

Climate change is sabotaging education for American students – and it’s only getting worse​

Caroline Preston
Sun, September 19, 2021, 5:00 AM·

The wildfires that ripped through California towns torched school buildings and postponed the start of school as students and teachers were left homeless. A deadly deluge in Tennessee flooded schools and delayed classes as rescue teams searched for dozens of people who’d gone missing. Students around the country were dismissed early due to heat waves and Hurricane Ida, while smoke settled over towns and cities as far east as Philadelphia, sending kids inside for recess.

This summer brought not only a resurgence of the coronavirus but also some of the starkest evidence yet of the devastating toll that climate change will take on the planet – and on the lives and learning of children. As humans continue to unleash greenhouse gases into the atmosphere, fires, hurricanes, floods, droughts and heat waves are intensifying, in some cases forcing kids to flee their homes and classrooms and shattering their sense of security.

I wonder if this "caroline preston" has given up her addiction to guzzling fossil fuels. I wonder if this "caroline preston" voluntarily pays more taxes for the planet.

Lol

Sigh

Never mind. Global climate change that the left don't do anything about is effecting AMERICAN STUDENTS.
California fires very well might be climate change. I live 60 miles from the flooding in Tennessee kayaking/canoeing some streams there when floatable which certainly isn't all the time. I think it was a one-off event, unrelated to climate change, looking at the cliffs and bluffs with the small streams below in some places showing where small streams had eroded deep drops from the rock 50 feet above, showing serious water occasionally over thousands of years. I do not think Coronavirus is climate related. Period.

....the Dems are destroying US education --the climate is not

Last edited:
....the Dems are destroying US education --not the climate
Is that yer excuse for the reason you voted for Trump? Did someone inform Caroline that the Earth's climate has changed several times without humans existing, last time it happen it was due to dinosaur farts.

Is that yer excuse for the reason you voted for Trump? Did someone inform Caroline that the Earth's climate has changed several times without humans existing, last time it happen it was due to dinosaur farts.
.....plain and simple --not only are the Dems destroying education--they are destroying the US--and you hitlerjugend gobble up all their propaganda crap

.....plain and simple --not only are the Dems destroying education--they are destroying the US--and you hitlerjugend gobble up all their propaganda crap
Not only do I know for a fact that the climate will change on this planet I am contributing to our demise by interacting with yous, and yous release bad vibes that really bum out the Earth, thus making it depressed and wanting to die. No one can stop education from happening.

Not only do I know for a fact that the climate will change on this planet I am contributing to our demise by interacting with yous, and yous release bad vibes that really bum out the Earth, thus making it depressed and wanting to die. No one can stop education from happening.
climate will not change

....the Dems are destroying US education --not the climate
Agreed, but the Republicans are intentionally helping it along the road to it's demise by trying to siphon money out of it toward private and parochial schools, which certain is not helping public education.
I think the decline of public schools started when the movement against corporal punishment in the schools began. I'm not mean or anything, but sometimes you got to bust a kid's ass early to impress your point that you don't put up with disruptive bullsh#t at home or in classrooms, and sensible parent support it in controlled environments outside their home, if they can't be there to personally see to their kids behavior. Mine used it and supported it. So did I. Liberal permissive parents did this to the schools and to a great extent, society.

Agreed, but the Republicans are intentionally helping it along the road to it's demise by trying to siphon money out of it toward private and parochial schools, which certain is not helping public education.
I think the decline of public schools started when the movement against corporal punishment in the schools began. I'm not mean or anything, but sometimes you got to bust a kid's ass early to impress your point that you don't put up with disruptive bullsh#t at home or in classrooms, and sensible parent support it in controlled environments outside their home, if they can't be there to personally see to their kids behavior. Mine used it and supported it. So did I. Liberal permissive parents did this to the schools and to a great extent, society.
...I went to a Catholic grade school...4th grade lady teacher spanked me with a big paddle...the pastor took no shit and disciplined kids
....kids need discipline--at home AND school ......if the school does not have discipline, organization, etc, it's harder for them to learn/etc....
...I knew one teacher from a shithole area that said the kids would get into the teachers' faces!!!

Forum List

Back