Locke, Social Contract Theory, and the Citizens Right to Revolt

But that didn't happen.

But there's an awful lot of people who say it did happen or might've happened but couldn't prove it. There's a difference between 1) it definitely didn't happen, and 2) it definitely did happen, and 3) maybe it did happen but we can't prove it. I'm not sure who is ignoring reality here, those in the 1st group, those in the 2nd group, and those in the 3rd group. Ignoring the 2nd and 3rd group IMHO is ignoring the reality that somewhere between 40% and 50% of people surveyed think the election wasn't honest, according to many polls. I read one article that said many of the court cases alleging illegalities were thrown out of court on technicalities or a lack of standing. That statement wasn't supported, so I dunno how true that is, but in any case there is quite a large number of Americans who question the integrity of our election process, and that is a big problem. It is also ignoring reality to refuse to delegitimize what they think and feel.

What is a citizen supposed to do when their voice is not heard or is misconstrued by the press that isn't impartial? If they think their vote didn't count or was diminished in some way, what then? So, a whole lot of people show up at the rally for the president on Wednesday, and that is their right. Same as it is for the BLM folks, and people on either side of the abortion issue, among others. But sometimes it gets out of control, no? What I would call the criminal element turns what should have been a peaceful event into something violent and grotesque. Obviously, no one has the right to do that, but I submit that most of the people that showed up to the rally weren't intending to be a part of what transpired.
I agree. Where there are concerns about voting procedures, the states should hammer out better ones. It deserves a serious look. But the fraud "evidence" this time has been debunked over and over and in order for reasonable minds to improve things, we have to let the propaganda from Trump's team go.

I keep reminding myself of your last. It's not easy for me to read some of the defenses here without feeling you are all deplorable. But beneath the fabrications, there is a truth somewhere. People are dissatisfied, as one of our mods expressed in a thread today. They deserve to have that listened to. Just no more and more fanciful tales. Please..
How did 130,000 more people cast Republican ballots for Senate in November, but lost in the run-off in Georgia? Not logical.
Guess you'd have to ask them. It happened, though.

They did leave me in charge...I'm a common citizen. Not a lobbyist or a corrupt politician. Certainly not a fake journalist.
Got it. You have as much authority as any of the BLM protesters and you're no different from Antifa.

They did leave me in charge...I'm a common citizen. Not a lobbyist or a corrupt politician. Certainly not a fake journalist.
Got it. You have as much authority as any of the BLM protesters and you're no different from Antifa.
I'm a patriot they are not. They support liberal establishment in government, education and media. I do not. I want to save my nation, not destroy it like the Marxist left. Congress is part of the problem. We now have AOC + 3 serving in the halls of Congress as well as Black Panther Bobby Rush. Maxine Waters and Shelia Jackson Lee are complete criminals.

But that didn't happen.

But there's an awful lot of people who say it did happen or might've happened but couldn't prove it. There's a difference between 1) it definitely didn't happen, and 2) it definitely did happen, and 3) maybe it did happen but we can't prove it. I'm not sure who is ignoring reality here, those in the 1st group, those in the 2nd group, and those in the 3rd group. Ignoring the 2nd and 3rd group IMHO is ignoring the reality that somewhere between 40% and 50% of people surveyed think the election wasn't honest, according to many polls. I read one article that said many of the court cases alleging illegalities were thrown out of court on technicalities or a lack of standing. That statement wasn't supported, so I dunno how true that is, but in any case there is quite a large number of Americans who question the integrity of our election process, and that is a big problem. It is also ignoring reality to refuse to delegitimize what they think and feel.

What is a citizen supposed to do when their voice is not heard or is misconstrued by the press that isn't impartial? If they think their vote didn't count or was diminished in some way, what then? So, a whole lot of people show up at the rally for the president on Wednesday, and that is their right. Same as it is for the BLM folks, and people on either side of the abortion issue, among others. But sometimes it gets out of control, no? What I would call the criminal element turns what should have been a peaceful event into something violent and grotesque. Obviously, no one has the right to do that, but I submit that most of the people that showed up to the rally weren't intending to be a part of what transpired.
I agree. Where there are concerns about voting procedures, the states should hammer out better ones. It deserves a serious look. But the fraud "evidence" this time has been debunked over and over and in order for reasonable minds to improve things, we have to let the propaganda from Trump's team go.

I keep reminding myself of your last. It's not easy for me to read some of the defenses here without feeling you are all deplorable. But beneath the fabrications, there is a truth somewhere. People are dissatisfied, as one of our mods expressed in a thread today. They deserve to have that listened to. Just no more and more fanciful tales. Please..
How did 130,000 more people cast Republican ballots for Senate in November, but lost in the run-off in Georgia? Not logical.
Guess you'd have to ask them. It happened, though.
Yes it was manufactured.

I have no representation when Nancy Pelosi steals power in the House of Representatives through " vote harvesting" and crooked "mail-in" ballots.
The vote wasn't stolen.
Why did Democrats push so hard for mail-in ballots? So they could steal an election. Why are Democrats opposed to a federal "Commission on Election Integrity?" Because they don't want integrity in our electoral process.

" John Locke wrote in his Two Treaties on Government that people have rights, such as the right to life, liberty, and property, that have a foundation independent of the laws of any particular society. Locke used the claim that men are naturally free and equal as part of the justification for understanding legitimate political government as the result of a social contract where people in the state of nature conditionally transfer some of their rights to the government in order to better ensure the stable, comfortable enjoyment of their lives, liberty, and property. Since governments exist by the consent of the people in order to protect the rights of the people and promote the public good, governments that fail to do so can be resisted and replaced with new governments."
- Stanford University Plato
What we saw at the citadel of political corruption (The Congress) was people keeping their end of the social contract and storming the center of a crime syndicate. Power ultimately rest in the hands of the people. The citizens have every right to revolt against governments that do not rule in a just manner.
And a duly elected government has a right defend itself from sedition.
If it was legitimately elected.
and it was.

I'm a patriot they are not. They support liberal establishment in government, education and media. I do not. I want to save my nation, not destroy it like the Marxist left. Congress is part of the problem. We now have AOC + 3 serving in the halls of Congress as well as Black Panther Bobby Rush. Maxine Waters and Shelia Jackson Lee are complete criminals.
I wonder if they would say they are citizens and patriots that want to save the nation from people just like you?

" John Locke wrote in his Two Treaties on Government that people have rights, such as the right to life, liberty, and property, that have a foundation independent of the laws of any particular society. Locke used the claim that men are naturally free and equal as part of the justification for understanding legitimate political government as the result of a social contract where people in the state of nature conditionally transfer some of their rights to the government in order to better ensure the stable, comfortable enjoyment of their lives, liberty, and property. Since governments exist by the consent of the people in order to protect the rights of the people and promote the public good, governments that fail to do so can be resisted and replaced with new governments."
What we saw at the citadel of political corruption (The Congress) was people keeping their end of the social contract and storming the center of a crime syndicate. Power ultimately rest in the hands of the people. The citizens have every right to revolt against governments that do not rule in a just manner.
and it was.
Only a blithering nincompoop would believe this election was legitimate.

I wonder if they would say they are citizens and patriots that want to save the nation from people just like you?
Nope. They are just Marxist pieces of shit. Black Lives Matter set the standard for peaceful protest. Trump protest was peaceful.

I have no representation when Nancy Pelosi steals power in the House of Representatives through " vote harvesting" and crooked "mail-in" ballots.
The vote wasn't stolen.
The vote was stolen--------look at all the protestors in support of trump to all the supporters of Biden who just don't exist.

My own eyes say the numbers are in Trumps favor by FAR and AWAY.........

and it was.
Only a blithering nincompoop would believe it wasn't.

and it was.
Throw out the corrupted mail-in ballots and what result do you get slow in the head boy?

and it was.
Throw out the corrupted mail-in ballots and what result do you get slow in the head boy?
They weren't corrupted..

and it was.
They weren't corrupted..
Then let's look at the signatures in the voter registration log book. Oh, that's right, we can't. Rest my fucking case.

and it was.
They weren't corrupted..
Then let's look at the signatures in the voter registration log book. Oh, that's right, we can't. Rest my fucking case.
The ballots were gathered, examined, tallied, and certified. Sorry if that doesn't fit in with your delusions. Trump lost. Bigly. Get over it and move on.

and it was.
They weren't corrupted..
Because of the illegitimacy of the election people have a socially contracted right to revolt.

So you're cool with BLM attacking any government building then?

Nope. They are hard core Marxist wanting to overthrow our whole way of life. Patriots love the Constitution and simply want to restore power back to the people.

Nope. They are hard core Marxist wanting to overthrow our whole way of life. Patriots love the Constitution and simply want to restore power back to the people.

Aren't they 'the people' in your argument? Wouldn't any attack they make against the government be justified per your own reasoning?

Forum List

Back