Liz Cheney opposes gay marriage

rightwinger

Award Winning USMB Paid Messageboard Poster
Aug 4, 2009
Liz Cheney: 'I am not pro-gay marriage' - First Read

. Wyoming Republican Senate candidate Liz Cheney, whose sister Mary Cheney is gay and married her longtime partner in Washington D.C. last year, says that she does not support same-sex marriage.
“I am strongly*pro-life and I am not pro-gay marriage,” she said in a statement. “I believe the issue of marriage must be decided by the states, and by the people in the states, not by judges and not even by legislators, but by the people themselves.”
The daughter of former Vice President Dick Cheney was responding to a reported “push poll” that led voters to believe that she “aggressively promotes gay marriage.” She is running against incumbent Republican Mike Enzi for the state’s Senate seat.

Throws own sister under the bus for her own political ambitions

Last edited:
Don't liberals think that MOST people are pro gay marriage? It can hardly be political expediency to say you don't support same sex marriage if MOST people do.

I never saw a rule that said family members MUST agree with all their other family members and they may not disagree on anything. They have a difference of opinion. It happens in a lot of families where the children are raised to make up their own minds and be independent thinkers.

Liz Cheney didn't throw her sister under the bus by opposing gay marriage any more than Mary Cheney threw her family under the bus by marrying in a lesbian relationship.

Don't liberals think that MOST people are pro gay marriage? It can hardly be political expediency to say you don't support same sex marriage if MOST people do.

I never saw a rule that said family members MUST agree with all their other family members and they may not disagree on anything. They have a difference of opinion. It happens in a lot of families where the children are raised to make up their own minds and be independent thinkers.

Liz Cheney didn't throw her sister under the bus by opposing gay marriage any more than Mary Cheney threw her family under the bus by marrying in a lesbian relationship.

Pretty much says it all, too bad the OP can't get out of the business of his avatar.

. Wyoming Republican Senate candidate Liz Cheney, whose sister Mary Cheney is gay and married her longtime partner in Washington D.C. last year, says that she does not support same-sex marriage.
“I am strongly*pro-life and I am not pro-gay marriage,” she said in a statement. “I believe the issue of marriage must be decided by the states, and by the people in the states, not by judges and not even by legislators, but by the people themselves.”
The daughter of former Vice President Dick Cheney was responding to a reported “push poll” that led voters to believe that she “aggressively promotes gay marriage.” She is running against incumbent Republican Mike Enzi for the state’s Senate seat.

Or she was brought up strong enough to stand for her own values and support them unequivocally.

I admire her forthrightness and strength of character.

And what does Liz Cheney think of her sisters family and her children? An abomination?

She knows her sisters gay marriage doesn't sit well with Wyoming voters and is willing to disavow her and her family for the sake of votes

Does Liz think her sister will burn for eternity?

Not to mention the fact she’s wrong on the issue.

And what does Liz Cheney think of her sisters family and her children? An abomination?

She knows her sisters gay marriage doesn't sit well with Wyoming voters and is willing to disavow her and her family for the sake of votes

Liz Cheney doesn't need to think of her sister's family as an abomination to oppose same sex marriage. What you propose is that Liz Cheney secretly supports same sex marriage but denies it to get votes. Only a democrat practices such duplicity. Families are full of people who love siblings but don't approve of what they do. If Mary Cheney was a shoplifter instead of a lesbian would the Cheneys be morally obligated to support shoplifting? Why don't you say that by marrying a woman, Mary Cheney threw her parents under the bus and thinks they are an abomination?

Liz Cheney doesn't need to think of her sister's family as an abomination to oppose same sex marriage. What you propose is that Liz Cheney secretly supports same sex marriage but denies it to get votes. Only a democrat practices such duplicity. Families are full of people who love siblings but don't approve of what they do. If Mary Cheney was a shoplifter instead of a lesbian would the Cheneys be morally obligated to support shoplifting? Why don't you say that by marrying a woman, Mary Cheney threw her parents under the bus and thinks they are an abomination?

Her parents support her

Her sister threw her under the bus

Forum List

Back