Liz Cheney Future

Liz won't be effective as Wyoming's Congressbabe in 2023 or beyond.

The reason is clear.

The results of the election will be either the D's win or the R's win. If the D's win the House, and Cheney is reelected, she'll have no power. If the R's win, they don't trust Ms. Cheney and she won't get any responsibilities at all. After 2024, if the R's get the presidency, she won't have any influence with the WH either to exercise for here state.
Yes, the reason she won't be effective is quite clear, she is being punished by the GOP for not towing the Trump line. Being a conservative is no longer enough, you must be a cult member to be in the GOP and doing what you think is best for the country is forbidden.

Yes, the reason she won't be effective is quite clear, she is being punished by the GOP for not towing the Trump line. Being a conservative is no longer enough, you must be a cult member to be in the GOP and doing what you think is best for the country is forbidden.

If Cheney is so tremendously virtuous, why don't the Democrats welcome her into the fold?

The reason is that they don't want a traitor either.

If Cheney stabbed a fellow Republican in the back, they know they can expect the same if they invite her into their inner circle.

If Cheney is so tremendously virtuous, why don't the Democrats welcome her into the fold?

The reason is that they don't want a traitor either.
No, they don't want a conservative.

If Cheney stabbed a fellow Republican in the back, they know they can expect the same if they invite her into their inner circle.
I'm sure they got the message: you can think whatever you want but you still must toe the line and keep your mouth shut. Lincoln would be so proud.

Cheney voted against the latest infrastructure bill.

So what?

The bill still passed the House, she would have voted the other way if needed.

Remember, Ms. Cheney is currently making an effort to bamboozle Wyoming Republicans into nominating her for reelection and has to keep up appearances.

Liz is like Benedict Arnold. Benedict was a US general who betrayed his country and later became a British General, but he saw no action on the British side because they looked down on him as someone with no character or worth because of his betrayal. Sure, he collected the paycheck, but that was about all.
Why should we believe anything have to say, since you can’t even get documented history right? Arnold led raids on Richmond, VA and New London, CT for the British.

Benedict Arnold-British Service(Wiki)

So what?

The bill still passed the House, she would have voted the other way if needed.
You know that how? I get the feeling you're just making up stuff to obscure the fact her only crime was not worshiping at the alter of Trump.

Remember, Ms. Cheney is currently making an effort to bamboozle Wyoming Republicans into nominating her for reelection and has to keep up appearances.
What has she done to bamboozle them?

She's pretending to oppose Cheney and her atrocities,
Who is opposing Cheney?

and trying to bamboozle Wyoming voters into thinking she is conservative.
Cheney is a conservative, at least according to conservatives. And whatever Greene is: Marjorie Taylor Greene: Liz Cheney has ‘more conservative’ voting record than some in GOP.

The GOP has become a school of piranha, with the smell of blood in the water they start eating each other. They need to drop the G from GOP.

I think Chaney will go on the shortlist of politicians that have gone against their party and their constituency to support something they believe is right. She will go down just like the rest. The lesson to be learned is never go against your party and your constituency, no matter how right the cause. In America today, the order of priority is party first, your candidacy second, and your country last. Although politicians rave on about patriotism, there are no patriot politicians today.
Meh, that is a reflection of what parties are and what they represent. Of course they should not go against their constituents, those are the people that hired them. Does it work when you go against your boss at the expense of the entire company? Of course not, you get fired.

In this regard, It is not the politicians that are the problem, it is the fact people keep voting for them. I do not expect politicians to put country over party when the people that put them there do not put country over party. Expecting otherwise is silly.

Who is opposing Cheney?

Cheney is a conservative, at least according to conservatives. And whatever Greene is: Marjorie Taylor Greene: Liz Cheney has ‘more conservative’ voting record than some in GOP.

The GOP has become a school of piranha, with the smell of blood in the water they start eating each other. They need to drop the G from GOP.

Its not just a matter of being "conservative", but being reliable.

And considering how Cheney has been kissing Pelosi's rear end and supporting the Biden Regime, that is really questionable.

I read an article today (not really necessary to post the link) about Liz Cheney who has, more or less, accepted the fact that she will be soundly defeated in the soon to be Wyoming primaries, even with help from democrats. The article suggested that she has been actually looking past the 2022 primaries and working on building some kind of a framework to run for president in 2024, either on the Republican ticket, or running as an independent. I seriously doubt she would run for the Republican nomination because both leading pollers right now are Trump and Desantis, so, I don't see her with a lick of chance of winning the Republican nomination. The article implied that she would not change parties and run for the Democratic nomination. So, that leaves her with a possible option of running in 2024 as an independent. My question is this:

If she were to run as an independent in 2024, which side would she draw votes from? In other words, would she hurt the Republican nominee more or the Democratic nominee more? She probably thinks this would be paybacks against the Republican party for what they did to her, taking votes away from the Republican nominee and helping the Democratic nominee win the election. But, I'm not so sure it would come down like that. I think she would actually draw more votes from democratic voters than Republican voters, helping the Republican nominee win the election. What say you?
I didn't see this thread earlier.

But yes, people are starting to write just this, that if she REALLY wants to prevent Trump winning in 2024, she should run as a Third Party candidate, RINO Republican, I suppose, and split the vote.

Split votes do play havoc with national elections, again and again we've seen it. It was certainly why Gore didn't win in Florida in 2000. And several other examples.

We'll see. Should be quite a lively election. I just hope nobody is killed.

I mean it. Assassination is definitely likely to be a problem.

Forum List

Back