Little Sympathy for California Fire Victims

Kentucky_Conservative

Oct 13, 2019
I'm sorry, but if I was ever going to build a ($x??) million dollar home in the hills of California, I THINK I would spend another ten or twenty thousand or so on preventative measures against brush fires.

These fires are an annual event, and not at all surprising. What IS surprising, is how little the homeowners have done to prevent their homes from burning to the ground.

I see these lots along the sculpted streets of SoCal, and all of the homes are burned to the ground. In the back yards of these homes are reflection pools, HUGE swimming pools full of water, that reain after the fires burn out. They build the expensive homes, and the beautiful reflection pools, but they NEVER think ahead, to plumb in a sprinkler system that can DRENCH the home with pool water at the moment the fire wall approaches and burns past the house.

It boggles my mind, to think that any architect would design a home with a 50,000 gallon pool in the yard, and NOT have some way to use that water to fight a fire. We are only talking about a $500.00 Honda gas powered water pump and some steel piping, after all.

Does this make ANY sense?

b60e4ac2-e4be-11e8-9876-950c8650801f_image_hires_180043.jpg

sei_39883479-a13e.jpg

Last edited:
With that much water in the pool, and a $200.00 water pump, both of those homes could have been saved.

A pump could DRENCH the home with pool water, and the water at the base of the house could be diverted back into the pool to be used again. After the fire danger is over, filter the pool water and set the house runoff diverter valve back to the street disposal as normal.

The homeowners can't do anything. The envirowackos won't let them. I had a friend that owned a cabin at Crestline. She got a notice from the Fire Marshal to clear away the dead brush around her cabin. She did. She was fined by the Environmental protection agency and ordered to restore the natural habitat. She produced the notice from the Fire Marshal. It did no good. The dead brush was restored by volunteers and my friend fined and the fine filed as a lien on the property.

Then came the Crestline fire a few years ago.the cabin burned to the ground. She collected the insurance money and abandoned the land.

California causes ALL of our premiums to increase. Thanks again California...fuckin assholes.

Lol

A bunch of people burned to death in those fires. It moved so quick and was so powerful that it caught swathes of people still in their cars trying to get away. There's some horrifying footage if you're into that shit. You must be a psychopath for real.

I'm sorry, but if I was ever going to build a ($x??) million dollar home in the hills of California, I THINK I would spend another ten or twenty thousand or so on preventative measures against brush fires.

These fires are an annual event, and not at all surprising. What IS surprising, is how little the homeowners have done to prevent their homes from burning to the ground.

I see these lots along the sculpted streets of SoCal, and all of the homes are burned to the ground. In the back yards of these homes are reflection pools, HUGE swimming pools full of water, that reain after the fires burn out. They build the expensive homes, and the beautiful reflection pools, but they NEVER think ahead, to plumb in a sprinkler system that can DRENCH the home with pool water at the moment the fire wall approaches and burns past the house.

It boggles my mind, to think that any architect would design a home with a 50,000 gallon pool in the yard, and NOT have some way to use that water to fight a fire. We are only talking about a $500.00 Honda gas powered water pump and some steel piping, after all.

Does this make ANY sense?

b60e4ac2-e4be-11e8-9876-950c8650801f_image_hires_180043.jpg

sei_39883479-a13e.jpg
All homes built in California have sprinkler systems. In this kind of fire they are useless.

California causes ALL of our premiums to increase. Thanks again California...fuckin assholes.

Lol

A bunch of people burned to death in those fires. It moved so quick and was so powerful that it caught swathes of people still in their cars trying to get away. There's some horrifying footage if you're into that shit. You must be a psychopath for real.
I am not into 'that shit' I am into my premiums remaining reasonable. However...if you care so much...Florence Nightingale may be you can offer up your space and money?
No...you won't do that...but you will talk a good game.

Unless you have been in such a fire, fleeing for your life and losing all you have, I guess sympathy will always be beyond you.
No...because I have fire insurance...if those assholes were all smart...they would too.
Fire insurance means squat if the whole town burns. Insurance companies declare bankruptcy. It happened in Paradise. Many got NOTHING because there wasn't enough to give. Unless you want to dictate which insurance companies they should buy?
I feel badly for those suffering this fire. Place the blame where it belongs..ON PG&E.

Lol

I am not into 'that shit' I am into my premiums remaining reasonable. However...if you care so much...Florence Nightingale may be you can offer up your space and money?
No...you won't do that...but you will talk a good game.
Dude...yer an asshole.

Unless you have been in such a fire, fleeing for your life and losing all you have, I guess sympathy will always be beyond you.
No...because I have fire insurance...if those assholes were all smart...they would too.
Fire insurance means squat if the whole town burns. Insurance companies declare bankruptcy. It happened in Paradise. Many got NOTHING because there wasn't enough to give. Unless you want to dictate which insurance companies they should buy?
I feel badly for those suffering this fire. Place the blame where it belongs..ON PG&E.
Fire insurance means SOMETHING when MY property burns. I could give two shit about my neighbor or the town.

Fire insurance means SOMETHING when MY property burns. I could give two shit about my neighbor or the town.
Karma, dude. It bites.
Meanwhile....for all fire victims, just for you....:fu:

Forum List

Back