Lithium vs. Acid battery for HD motorcycle

Lord Long Rod

Diamond Member
Jan 17, 2023
I need a new battery for my bike. It is a HD Heritage Classic 114. I run no add-on electronics (e.g., stereo). Someone close to me is pushing me to switch to Lithium. I am wondering if it is worth it. I know they are light weight and can have more cranking amps that an acid battery depending on which one you buy. But I have read reviews online by folks who put them in their bikes and were unsatisfied. I am thinking about going ahead and pissing away $300 at the local HD dealer and buying a Lithium 8 Ah battery and throwing it in there so I can get back on the road. Is there any downside to using them as cranking batteries on a bike?

I need a new battery for my bike. It is a HD Heritage Classic 114. I run no add-on electronics (e.g., stereo). Someone close to me is pushing me to switch to Lithium. I am wondering if it is worth it. I know they are light weight and can have more cranking amps that an acid battery depending on which one you buy. But I have read reviews online by folks who put them in their bikes and were unsatisfied. I am thinking about going ahead and pissing away $300 at the local HD dealer and buying a Lithium 8 Ah battery and throwing it in there so I can get back on the road. Is there any downside to using them as cranking batteries on a bike?
Downside. Yes: if and when you give the lithium back to the Chinese pedophiles who used children to get it. Once an American obtains lithium, there is no going back. There is only waiting for the recycling plant to be established @ Sydney, Ohio.

• Banned
Jesus!! When you put it that way I may just stick to the acid batteries.

Downside. Yes: if and when you give the lithium back to the Chinese pedophiles who used children to get it. Once an American obtains lithium, there is no going back. There is only waiting for the recycling plant to be established @ Sydney, Ohio.

BTW, the Biddum Administration was just dealt a huge blow. Bet that's why the MSM hasn't told you about it! After touting green EV cars for the past year, the Left's EPA has DENIED access to mine lithium here in the USA to compete with china making our own batteries!

REASON: It might endanger a small weed that grows near where the deposits are. :71:

Forum List

Back