Listening to Grandma's hand from Bill Withers!

evenflow1969

Gold Member
Jul 17, 2016
Ohio
Any one out there miss Grandma like I do? I miss the calm cool hand in which my grandmother operated by! Bill reminds me of a day when life made sense and people's word was their bond!

Any one out there miss Grandma like I do? I miss the calm cool hand in which my grandmother operated by! Bill reminds me of a day when life made sense and people's word was their bond!
I do love that song and I did love my grandma. I blocked out her leaving my life for years, until--of all things--I saw Peggy Sue Got Married and I began crying and didn't stop for hours. It was so embarrassing to leave the theater sobbing and all the way home and still after that.

Loved my Nana.

Now that I'm a grandma, it's my turn to be the sensible island in the middle of the turbulent river. I think it's always been that way. All is not lost, evenflow. You're too young to get it, yet.

I do love that song and I did love my grandma. I blocked out her leaving my life for years, until--of all things--I saw Peggy Sue Got Married and I began crying and didn't stop for hours. It was so embarrassing to leave the theater sobbing and all the way home and still after that.

Loved my Nana.

Now that I'm a grandma, it's my turn to be the sensible island in the middle of the turbulent river. I think it's always been that way. All is not lost, evenflow. You're too young to get it, yet.

I have grand children! I lost grandma and grandpa back in 1993. I remember my time with them like it was yesterday! Old Bill brings out the nostalgia! Maybe that is why I have been hangin with my old high school flame lately!

Forum List

Back