Lions vs Chiefs to start the year

As for Kelce and Jones, this is the NFL and every week somebody is going to play without one or more key players and that is just the way it is. "What ifs" don't mean shit, you play with who you got available vs who they got available and there ain't no effing asterisks.

The most interesting bit there is that they didn't seem to miss Jones much. The defense played well. Kelce's absence was far more impactful.

And Jones thinks he should make almost twice as much as Kelce? I say trade Jones for a receiver who can catch a pass.

the most obviously rigged superbowl in superbowl history,the one where the coach stopped attacking the offense in the second half as he did in the first half and got into super conservative mode in the second half making it so obvious he was throwing the game along with matt ryan who ran backwards taking sacks for huge losses so the story could be set to be told of brady having his revenge against goddel, you mean THAT superbowl?
You might be the dumbest poster on this board. That's no easy feat btw.

The most interesting bit there is that they didn't seem to miss Jones much. The defense played well. Kelce's absence was far more impactful.

And Jones thinks he should make almost twice as much as Kelce? I say trade Jones for a receiver who can catch a pass.

As a Lions fan, some fans think the team should do a trade for Jones but I'm dead set against it even though he would definitely make that whole defense better. But the question is, how much better? Would the Lions get more wins with him vs without and then there's the lost draft picks you'd have to give KC and the lost cap space you're gonna need to sign your own core players next year. Right now, that defense looks decent enough and absent a slew of key injuries I think they'll be just fine without Jones. LOL, the Lions might be needing a WR more than they need Jones.

As a Lions fan, some fans think the team should do a trade for Jones but I'm dead set against it even though he would definitely make that whole defense better. But the question is, how much better? Would the Lions get more wins with him vs without and then there's the lost draft picks you'd have to give KC and the lost cap space you're gonna need to sign your own core players next year. Right now, that defense looks decent enough and absent a slew of key injuries I think they'll be just fine without Jones. LOL, the Lions might be needing a WR more than they need Jones.

Jones is an arse, He signed a Big Contract (still in effect). BS to go in and say "I demand a new better one". I guess he was stupid when he signed the first one? He is paid well now.

Jones current deal was signed in July of 2020, with a four-year term worth $80M with $60M guaranteed.

I don't know how they can survive on that amount?

Jones is an arse, He signed a Big Contract (still in effect). BS to go in and say "Idemand a new better one". I guess he was stupid when he signed the first one? He is paid well now.

Rumor is that Jones wants $30 mil/yr, like Aaron Donald money. Maybe he'll get it, but I doubt the Lions will be the team that signs him to that contract. 3 years ago he signed a 4 year, $80 mil contract; look, when you sign a contract you should live up to it IMHO, and $20 mil/yr isn't bad for a DT. You're right, he's an arse.

Rumor is that Jones wants $30 mil/yr, like Aaron Donald money. Maybe he'll get it, but I doubt the Lions will be the team that signs him to that contract. 3 years ago he signed a 4 year, $80 mil contract; look, when you sign a contract you should live up to it IMHO, and $20 mil/yr isn't bad for a DT. You're right, he's an arse.
Nick Wright claims he wants guaranteed 32m/yr for two years. The Chiefs offered 27.5. Jones says he's "just asking for a raise." 20m -> 27.5m seems like a hefty raise to me.

I think it's mostly ego for Jones. He wants to be recognized as the best, and to him that means getting paid the most. I saw a clip from an interview, a while back, and the interviewer mentioned the release of the 100 Best NFL players list. It was the first Jones had heard of it, and he was visibly upset that he wasn't in the top 5. (He was ranked 10th).

Because the Lion's should be really good this year. And so far, so good. We are so used to losing the first game of the year. It's nice for once to be up 1 and 0 and thinking positively going into week 2.

You don't realize what it's like to be a Lion fan. They always lose these games. So something feels different. They look really good. Do they look perfect? Nope. But it was the first game of the year. Better to win ugly than look good and lose.

Someone on ESPN said "If this guy or that guy didn't drop the ball things might have turned out differently". Fuck you! If the Lions didn't drop the ball all these years we'd have a superbowl. So no sympathy to the Chiefs for dropping balls last night. Welcome to our world. It happens.
They looked good at the end of last year and while they had some miscues in this game, they still looked pretty decent. That front O-line is looking remarkable.

The question is:

Are they looking at a "Who Dat" season?

Last edited:
You never want to get too high or too low after only one game, especially the 1st one, BUT - damn, that Lions defense looked pretty good even though the Chiefs dropped a number of passes and helped 'em out. IMHO the refs allowed Taylor to line up too far off the LOS and that's an advantage against Hutchinson. Might've been a different game if the refs had penalized Taylor early on and forced him to play Hutchinson even.
And IMHO the Lions offense is way better than how they played in KC, and when Jamison Williams comes back in 6 weeks, he's gonna add a vertical dimension that will make them even tougher to defend against. So yeah, this could be a "Who Dat" season in Detroit, although I'm not ready to claim them to be among the NFC's best with Philly and SF, I think they can give those teams a run for their money.

They looked good at the end of last year and while they had some miscues in this game, they still looked pretty decent. That front O-line is looking remarkable.

The question is:

Are they looking at a "Who Dat" season?
I grew up an avid Lions fan. My dad loved them, but he saw them in the 50’s when they were consistently great and prior to the Ford family ownership. We went to most Thanksgiving Day games from mid-60s to late-70s.

After 65 years of losing its kind of hard to get back on the bandwagon. I hope they do well, but I’ve seen them fall apart far too many times.

Jim Caldwell had the last good Lions team IMVHO. Was sad to see him go.

This current coach is a bit of a loose screw? But evidently a good motivator and able to get ownership to go along, so far.

Was it HE who got them to dump Swift (who was good) knowing Gibbs could play more coachs' style? Passes to RB? Am i wrong?

This current coach is a bit of a loose screw? But evidently a good motivator and able to get ownership to go along so far. Was it HE who got them to dump Swift (who was good) knowing Gibbs could do more coachs' style? Am i wrong?
The Ford’s dumped Caldwell after he posted a decent season, which we hadn’t seen in awhile. Then hired that idiot from the Patriots who sucked major. The dumb Ford’s thought he’d be another Belichek. This is akin to them hiring the two idiots Morningweg and Millen, when Barry said fuck it I’m done.

The Ford’s are not competent NFL owners. They are the one consistent factor in 65 years of losing. So, it’s all on them.

I liked Jim Caldwell too, but I'm not sure he was as good as Campbell when it comes to turning this franchise around. A lot of credit has to go to Brad Holmes for bringing in and drafting good players.

This current coach is a bit of a loose screw? But evidently a good motivator and able to get ownership to go along, so far.
Campbell is a bit uh, unorthodox but he's definitely got his team working hard and moving in the right direction.

Was it HE who got them to dump Swift (who was good) knowing Gibbs could play more coachs' style? Passes to RB? Am i wrong?
Swift was really good when he was out there but he wasn't out there all that often, and he made too many mistakes when he was on the field. Or so it has been said anyway. Whether Campbell was the main driver or not, I don't know but I don't think Swift was in their plans for the future. IOW, they weren't going to pay hm big money and probably believed he was going to sign elsewhere anyway when his contract was up. Much like with Hockenson, they got something instead of nothing for both players. I don't think they lost much when Hock left, and from what I've seen of Gibbs they won't lose much with Swift gone either. That guy has speed to burn.

Last edited:
Consider this. The Lions are so good they made the Chiefs look bad.

And we all know the Chiefs are good so any win against them is a good win. No one blows out the Chiefs.

What team do you guys root for? Please everyone respond so I can see how your team does against them. They play

Jaquars WIN
Bears WIN
Jets I say they WIN against Aaron Rogers
Vikings WIN
Broncos WIN
Chargers WIN
Broncos again WIN
Dolphins WIN
Eagles Lose
Raiders Lose
Packers WIN
Bills LOSE
Patriots WIN
Raiders WIN
Benghals LOSE
Chargers WIN

What will the Chiefs record be at the end of the year? Certainly they'll have a winning record. Who's your team? And if your team isn't playing them, which of these teams do you think will beat the Chiefs this year?

I say they lose 5 games this season.
Lose to the Raiders? C'mon, man.

Forum List

Back