Lindsey Graham Denies Urging Georgia Election Official to Toss Out Legal Absentee Ballots: 'That's Ridiculous'

Jul 26, 2010
North Carolina
Republican Senator Lindsey Graham on Monday denied an allegation that he and other Republicans have pressured Georgia's top election official to toss out legal absentee ballots in a bid to overturn President-elect Joe Biden's slim win in the Peach State.

"That's ridiculous," the South Carolina lawmaker told reporters on Capitol Hill about the claim from Georgia Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger, who is also a Republican. "What I'm trying to find out was, how do you verify signatures on mail-in ballots in these states that are just the center of attention?"

Raffensperger told The Washington Post that apart from Graham's inquiry into Georgia's signature-matching process, the Senate Judiciary Committee chairman and Trump confidant also asked whether Raffensperger had the ability to invalidate all mail-in ballots in counties that have higher rates of nonmatching signatures.

Raffensperger told the outlet that he was stunned and it "sure looked like" Graham "was wanting to" toss out ballots that were legally cast. Only a court possesses the authority to do so, Raffensperger added.

Graham denied that he ever made such a request and questioned the newspaper's reporting, despite Raffensperger's interview being on the record.

"I don't trust The Washington Post on anything," Graham responded when pressed by Newsweek about Raffensperger's remarks. "He needs to call me, tell me that. Until he calls me and tells me that, I'm not going to believe a word. I had a very pleasant conversation with him. I actually enjoyed talking with him."

Is there any level that Trump Humpers won't stoop to?

Lindsey Graham has been reduced to a Trump flunky, how long has this guy been in the Congress? I have never heard any right wingers bitch and moan about how long he has been in Washington doing nothing.

Attachments

• 1605607718887.png
    1605607718887.png
    68 bytes · Views: 22
Republican Senator Lindsey Graham on Monday denied an allegation that he and other Republicans have pressured Georgia's top election official to toss out legal absentee ballots in a bid to overturn President-elect Joe Biden's slim win in the Peach State.

"That's ridiculous," the South Carolina lawmaker told reporters on Capitol Hill about the claim from Georgia Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger, who is also a Republican. "What I'm trying to find out was, how do you verify signatures on mail-in ballots in these states that are just the center of attention?"

Raffensperger told The Washington Post that apart from Graham's inquiry into Georgia's signature-matching process, the Senate Judiciary Committee chairman and Trump confidant also asked whether Raffensperger had the ability to invalidate all mail-in ballots in counties that have higher rates of nonmatching signatures.

Raffensperger told the outlet that he was stunned and it "sure looked like" Graham "was wanting to" toss out ballots that were legally cast. Only a court possesses the authority to do so, Raffensperger added.

Graham denied that he ever made such a request and questioned the newspaper's reporting, despite Raffensperger's interview being on the record.

"I don't trust The Washington Post on anything," Graham responded when pressed by Newsweek about Raffensperger's remarks. "He needs to call me, tell me that. Until he calls me and tells me that, I'm not going to believe a word. I had a very pleasant conversation with him. I actually enjoyed talking with him."

Lindsey Graham has been reduced to a Trump flunky, how long has this guy been in the Congress? I have never heard any right wingers bitch and moan about how long he has been in Washington doing nothing.

It sounds pretty far out--the allegation. But I think it's strange that a Senator from South Carolina is even in contact with the Secretary of State of Georgia. Why would they even be on the phone with one another?

It sounds pretty far out--the allegation. But I think it's strange that a Senator from South Carolina is even in contact with the Secretary of State of Georgia. Why would they even be on the phone with one another?

Not hard to understand, Georgia holds the key to who holds the Senate.

Mr Graham seems to be a man with adaptable principles. I can easily imagine him "thinking out loud" when speaking to an official.

And...why would Graham be contacting the Secretary of State about it? He's not running for the office and neither is the SoS.

Why is the Left so terrified of transparent hand recounts ????

Things that make you go hmmmmmm
Actually, the Biden voters are hardly terrified of transparent hand recounts. Rather, they are shocked and disgusted that Trump would question a 5.5 million vote deficit and waste taxpayer money even though every sane person knows that fraud is not a viable issue in this election. It exposes trump as mentally challenged and somewhat deranged
in that he continues to question the obvious, subvert our Democracy and ignore the will of the people.
He lost and the opposition goes "hmmmmmmmm", he is at it again.

I suppose you verify the signatures on mail in ballots the same way Trump's was.

Actually, the Biden voters are hardly terrified of transparent hand recounts. Rather, they are shocked and disgusted that Trump would question a 5.5 million vote deficit and waste taxpayer money even though every sane person knows that fraud is not a viable issue in this election. It exposes trump as mentally challenged and somewhat deranged
in that he continues to question the obvious, subvert our Democracy and ignore the will of the people.
So if every "sane" person knows that fraud is not a viable issue then why aren't those sane people DEMANDING a hand recount to prove once and for all that is the case? I can only think of one reason why a sane person wouldn't want that to happen, Bob and it's if they suspect that fraud HAS happened and they're scared to have it exposed.
Could we all agree that we've reached a point where we need to investigate fraud allegations and bring criminal charges against anyone who did something fraudulent? One fraudulent vote is all it takes to cancel out YOUR real vote! Don't you think it's time to send a message on that?

So if every "sane" person knows that fraud is not a viable issue then why aren't those sane people DEMANDING a hand recount to prove once and for all that is the case? I can only think of one reason why a sane person wouldn't want that to happen, Bob and it's if they suspect that fraud HAS happened and they're scared to have it exposed.
Could we all agree that we've reached a point where we need to investigate fraud allegations and bring criminal charges against anyone who did something fraudulent? One fraudulent vote is all it takes to cancel out YOUR real vote! Don't you think it's time to send a message on that?

There are recount laws in place. No one is condemning any actions that fall within those guidelines. The argument is that they will make no difference.

I will note......no criminal charges were brought against the GOP in North Carolina when they cheated.

Is there any lie that you won't perpetrate. The man denied it but that's not good enough for you? Also the man in question never told Graham this to his face or on the phone.....soooooo you prefer one reality over another because it substantiates your predilections? Yes...that's what the left does all the time and it's why whenever left wing dogman takes hold the race to the bottom is inescapable. Standards are merely a thing to be tackled and eliminated not followed.

JO

There are recount laws in place. No one is condemning any actions that fall within those guidelines. The argument is that they will make no difference.

I will note......no criminal charges were brought against the GOP in North Carolina when they cheated.
I'm asking that ALL voter fraud allegations are investigated and ALL those who are found to have committed fraud are charged criminally! That isn't a call to investigate one party or the other. That's a call to investigate ALL fraud allegations!

I'm asking that ALL voter fraud allegations are investigated and ALL those who are found to have committed fraud are charged criminally! That isn't a call to investigate one party or the other. That's a call to investigate ALL fraud allegations!

You have to provide some actual proof. Wild allegations do not need investigated and you will only be able to cry wolf so many times.

You have to provide some actual proof. Wild allegations do not need investigated and you will only be able to cry wolf so many times.
Who is it that determines what is a "wild" allegation? An investigation into something that isn't there will result in that being determined. That provides validation to the process. At some point people will grasp two things, PK...one...is that committing election fraud will get you charged criminally if you're caught and...two...that alleging voter fraud with no basis will make you look stupid!
Do you really want to protect our elections? Then investigate fraud allegations.

Who is it that determines what is a "wild" allegation? An investigation into something that isn't there will result in that being determined. That provides validation to the process. At some point people will grasp two things, PK...one...is that committing election fraud will get you charged criminally if you're caught and...two...that alleging voter fraud with no basis will make you look stupid!
Do you really want to protect our elections? Then investigate fraud allegations.

Trump campaign drops key request in Pennsylvania lawsuit

Meanwhile, the Trump campaign switched up its lawyers in the case Monday evening. Exiting is Linda Kerns, a Philadelphia lawyer who has handled a number of lawsuits for the campaign. Replacing her is Marc Scaringi, a Harrisburg-area lawyer who volunteered on Trump’s 2016 campaign, is a conservative activist who hosts a radio talk show and ran unsuccessfully for the U.S. Senate in 2012.

Alleging voter fraud with no basis has made trump look stupid so far and alleging voter fraud with no basis is also
a possibility that charges could be filed.

No I do not. Sane people would not necessarily demand a hand count but would demand a concession and get on with the country's business.

And...why would Graham be contacting the Secretary of State about it? He's not running for the office and neither is the SoS.

He controls voting in the state. We have 2 runoffs that will determine the Senate.

No I do not. Sane people would not necessarily demand a hand count but would demand a concession and get on with the country's business.

You meant......

No I do not. inSane people would not necessarily demand a hand count but would demand a concession and get on with the country's DESTRUCTION.

Is there any lie that you won't perpetrate. The man denied it but that's not good enough for you? Also the man in question never told Graham this to his face or on the phone.....soooooo you prefer one reality over another because it substantiates your predilections? Yes...that's what the left does all the time and it's why whenever left wing dogman takes hold the race to the bottom is inescapable. Standards are merely a thing to be tackled and eliminated not followed.

JO

Yea Lindsey denied it, so that makes it not true. We have to take Lindsey's word over Brad's because he is a Trump Humper.

New Topics

Forum List

Back