Lincoln saved the Union

At what price ..sir
700,000 ?

A lot of people died, no doubt about it. But would have America have achieved its tremendous degree of unbelievable success in the late 19th and 20th centuries, if the break-up had been permanent? If , as today's liberals suggest, the Union forces would have engaged in a war of Extermination against the southern states- would America have succeeded like she did.

I don't think so

A lot of people died, no doubt about it. But would have America have achieved its tremendous degree of unbelievable success in the late 19th and 20th centuries, if the break-up had been permanent? If , as today's liberals suggest, the Union forces would have engaged in a war of Extermination against the southern states- would America have succeeded like she did.

I don't think so

All I can say I Would have fled That war
Just looking at Shilo , Petersburg , Spotsvan, Chickamuga etc
I would be dead

All I can say I Would have fled That war
Just looking at Shilo , Petersburg , Spotsvan, Chickamuga etc
I would be dead

The Civil War came at a time in history when the art of killing had outraced the art of healing. With gatling guns and other innovations, they could kill a lot of people in a hurry. But even if they were just wounded, they often expired because of infections without antibiotics.

Tremendous death toll for the scope of the war.

Maybe if Lincoln was an astute politician as drooling fawning "historians" give him credit, he might have saved the Union. As it was the Union fell apart under his watch.

Maybe if Lincoln was an astute politician as drooling fawning "historians" give him credit, he might have saved the Union. As it was the Union fell apart under his watch.

Actually the Confederacy was formed in February 1861, before Honest Abe took office in March of that year.

(1937 was the first time a President was inaugurated on 20 January- before then it was always in March)

Lincoln did save the Union.
But to do so, he trashed the Constitution, sent over 300,000 Union soldiers to their death, and allowed the Union army to use Terrorism to win the war.
He should have been hanged for his crimes. Instead he was shot.
Sic Semper Tyrannis.

If it was up to Lincoln, this is how America would look today. He was against the Mexican-American War, looking upon it as a ploy to expand slavery.

1593399451911.png

That's why the War Between the States was fought, to keep America together as one nation under Almighty God.

Unfortunately what he did amounted to forcing a couple with irreconcilable differences to stay married. He created an underlying schism that has remained unfixed, and only increased over the last 150+ years.
To say nothing of the fact that he committed treason by warring on fellow Americans and was notorious for ignoring the constitution, imposing tyranny, and wanted to deport all blacks after the war.

Lincoln definitely saved the union and freed the slaves. The people who want to tear down his statue don't give two shits what else he did. They are just using this as a pretense to riot, loot and bring about anarchy. Democrats need to be neutralized.

Forum List

Back