Lightfoot may get banned from McDonalds

Thinker101

Diamond Member
Mar 25, 2017
i just cant go into a McDonalds anymore knowing there is a one in a million chance that a 1/2 man 1/2 chinchilla creature will come thru the front door and have a field day with a hatchet and a bag of horse feces

Lightfoot fired back at the CEO of McDonald’s after he highlighted the difficulty rising crime in the city has caused for his business, telling him he needs to "educate himself" on the matter.
]
The Pro and Con of Pronouns

Since there's so much concern over pronouns, even though practically everybody on the Netrix uses the brain-dead "they" with a singular antecedent, I noticed the ambiguity in your opening paragraph. At first it's unclear who "highlighted." Forgetting that Lightfoot is female (which may not have happened if you had quoted verbatim from the text "Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot") I read "he" as referring to Lightfoot. I also remember the days when it was rude to refer to a woman by her last name.

It doesn't matter that context and the fact that a she can't be referred to as a "he" (except in confused Gayist cliques), because the reader has to make an unnecessary extra effort to achieve clarity. Less is not more, nevermore.

Change it to "CEO of McDonald's, who had highlighted...business. Lightfoot told him..."

Forum List

Back