Life on Mars discovered by Curiosity?

... I've always been of the opinion that life is not unique to our blue marble.

It would be quite arrogant indeed to think our planet is the only one in the infinite array of space to spring life. We don't even have the first clue as to how many viable planets there are in the universe, nonetheless have any clue as to which of those planets bears life or the different forms of life that are possible.
Thinking our type of life is the only type is pretty arrogant too.
BTW, I am addressing YOUR ARROGANCE in believing life MUST exist out there based on the THEORIES you've stacked together.
There is a lot of life in the universe but the distances are utterly many centuries beyond any technology .
I bet there is a planet of just dinosaurs or just apes

Very cool story. I've always been of the opinion that life is not unique to our blue marble.
It’s just a frozen desert of zero life . If the massive dust storms don’t kill you then the high energy gamma rays will turn your chromosomes into sludge
Oh and it’s colder than Alaska
Near zero air, bombarded by high intensity radiation, sub-zero temperatures and carbon dioxide snow (which forms at 110 below zero)

But it looks like Arizona so it's gotta be at least 80 degrees out, right

Very cool story. I've always been of the opinion that life is not unique to our blue marble.
It’s just a frozen desert of zero life . If the massive dust storms don’t kill you then the high energy gamma rays will turn your chromosomes into sludge
Near zero air, bombarded by high intensity radiation, sub-zero temperatures and carbon dioxide snow (which forms at 110 below zero)

In a few centuries it would be easy to terraform the planet with plants and get oxygen and an atmosphere
No doubt that billions of humans will one day live in Mars !!
It’s the next step in a few centuries

And what do you think the temperature is at that spot on mars?

I looked it up. It is -14 Fahrenheit

Fungi need
1) a food source
2) air
3) moist environment
4) WARMTH

Sometimes people see what they WANT to see. What looks familiar to them
I see you rated my post funny. Understand, the scope of my post was not referring to this particular phenomenon, I simply said it would be arrogant to believe we were the only intelligent life in the entire known universe, which contains billions upon billions of suns and countless trillions of planets orbiting those Suns. Most scientist in this field theorize there are millions of planets similar to our own, capable of supporting life. Are you really so confident of what doesn't exist in a vastness that no human is even capable of comprehending?
Those arent MUSHROOMS. We dont know what they are. THAT is the topic of this thread.

No, I dont believe we are alone in the universe but YOU are too arrogant to believe we were CREATED by those beings.

And you have shown ZERO EVIDENCE that ANY LIFE has evolved independently without a Creator anywhere in the universe.

All you have is THEORIES based on randomness and CHANCE. You have NO EVIDENCE to support your beliefs in evolution on another planet while rejection God's work here on earth.

Your theories are built on a house of cards

How do you know what my "theories" are? You clearly have absolutely no idea what my beliefs are. You're attributing an awful lot of very specific statements to me when I never said anything to indicate I believe any of those things, and you're directing a lot of ire and negativity to go with it. How about taking a breath before your next post to me and not being a jerk for no reason. SMH, that post was one of the most presumptuous, obnoxious, out-of-left-field rants anyone has ever said to me on this site.

Last edited:

In a few centuries it would be easy to terraform the planet with plants and get oxygen and an atmosphere

Terraforming is beyond man's capabilities, and will be for a very, very long time.

... I've always been of the opinion that life is not unique to our blue marble.

It would be quite arrogant indeed to think our planet is the only one in the infinite array of space to spring life. We don't even have the first clue as to how many viable planets there are in the universe, nonetheless have any clue as to which of those planets bears life or the different forms of life that are possible.
Thinking our type of life is the only type is pretty arrogant too.
BTW, I am addressing YOUR ARROGANCE in believing life MUST exist out there based on the THEORIES you've stacked together.
Just because God made man here does not mean he did not make life elsewhere that is NOT man. And the bible clearly states there are many other books, which could mean life else where.

Terraforming is beyond man's capabilities, and will be for a very, very long time.
It won’t be in a few centuries

We arent gods yet.

Man is not capable of "terraforming" planets and never will be.

We went to the moon for a few years to VISIT. Now, most people believe it was all a hoax because it's been 50 years and this generation can't imagine we actually did it.

BTW, we never even totally left the earth's atmosphere

Fungi need
1) a food source
2) air
3) moist environment
4) WARMTH

I see you rated my post funny. Understand, the scope of my post was not referring to this particular phenomenon, I simply said it would be arrogant to believe we were the only intelligent life in the entire known universe, which contains billions upon billions of suns and countless trillions of planets orbiting those Suns. Most scientist in this field theorize there are millions of planets similar to our own, capable of supporting life. Are you really so confident of what doesn't exist in a vastness that no human is even capable of comprehending?
Those arent MUSHROOMS. We dont know what they are. THAT is the topic of this thread.

No, I dont believe we are alone in the universe but YOU are too arrogant to believe we were CREATED by those beings.

And you have shown ZERO EVIDENCE that ANY LIFE has evolved independently without a Creator anywhere in the universe.

All you have is THEORIES based on randomness and CHANCE. You have NO EVIDENCE to support your beliefs in evolution on another planet while rejection God's work here on earth.

How do you know what my "theories" are? You clearly have absolutely no idea what my beliefs are. You're attributing an awful lot of very specific statements to me when I never said anything to indicate I believe any of those things, and you're directing a lot of ire and negativity to go with it. How about taking a breath before your next post to me and not being a jerk for no reason. SMH, that post was one of the most presumptuous, obnoxious, out-of-left-field rants anyone has ever said to me on this site.
The belief that there is life out there BECAUSE OF THE NUMBERS is an EVOLUTIONARY idea.

There is ZERO evidence of life. It is a belief based on FAITH in evolutionary principles.

There are other theories as to why God created a universe populated by an infinite number of stars and planets that dont dependcon evolutionary theory. There is no DEMAND that life exists elsewhere unless you believe we are the result of CHANCE.

Fungi need
1) a food source
2) air
3) moist environment
4) WARMTH

I understand how you can be so attached to your "idea babies" and react in anger when someone challenges those ideas, but that is the nature of a discussion board. Get over your pompous self. People are gonna disagree, and they're gonna axe for proof of the existence of life out there other than "the numbers"

Fungi need
1) a food source
2) air
3) moist environment
4) WARMTH

I understand how you can be so attached to your "idea babies" and react in anger when someone challenges those ideas, but that is the nature of a discussion board. Get over your pompous self. People are gonna disagree, and they're gonna axe for proof of the existence of life out there other than "the numbers"

Dude, you're a terrible Christian if that's what you claim to be. You're not discussing anything, you are being demeaning, presumptuous and obnoxious, and attacking people with insults based on your myopic assumptions. Like I said, you're a jerk. Have a nice day.

We arent gods yet.

Man is not capable of "terraforming" planets and never will be.

We went to the moon for a few years to VISIT. Now, most people believe it was all a hoax because it's been 50 years and this generation can't imagine we actually did it.

BTW, we never even totally left the earth's atmosphere

Fungi need
1) a food source
2) air
3) moist environment
4) WARMTH

The belief that there is life out there BECAUSE OF THE NUMBERS is an EVOLUTIONARY idea.

There is ZERO evidence of life. It is a belief based on FAITH in evolutionary principles.

There are other theories as to why God created a universe populated by an infinite number of stars and planets that dont dependcon evolutionary theory. There is no DEMAND that life exists elsewhere unless you believe we are the result of CHANCE.

It sounds like you're saying that you think the moon landings were a hoax. If so, how do you explain the recent photos from the Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter which clearly show all six Apollo Landing sites, including the descent stage of each lunar module, and other artifacts left behind by the astronauts...tracks, etc.

More claims of mold growing on the rover.

This is different from the mushrooms video.

Definitely worth viewing on youtube and reading the description

Last edited:

Forum List

Back